Over My Head

Title: Over My Head
Author: Me *Katy*
Spoilers: None, AU
Disclaimer: Seriously, would I get rid of the hot guy?
Summary: This could be the girl he was looking for. She was smart, witty, beautiful, and best of all; she had no clue that he was Michael Vaughn - the famous actor.
Rating: PG - PG13
Author's Note: So, wow. It's been a long time since I've written a fic this long. (I blame the ADHD :P ) It's a little different than the normal 'Katy Fic'. It's not necessarily fluff like I usually write. ;)

Hope you read and enjoy.

:hug:

[Chapter 1]

“What about her?” Eric asked, tilting his head towards the blonde in the corner. Michael shook his head, ducking his head to avoid yet another staring fan.

“I don’t want to go out with just some girl in a bar, Eric,” Michael said, setting his elbow on the bar’s counter and resting the side of his head in his hand.

Eric rolled his eyes, “I’m not sayin’ you have to marry one of these chicks, but you haven’t been on a date in like... forever.” He took another sip of his beer, taking another glance around the room. “And it’s even sadder that you could have any girl in this room, but you just sit here and do nothing.”

“I also don’t want to go out with some girl who wants me because of what I do. I want someone who wants me because of who I am.” Michael said seriously, using his free hand to run his fingers through his hair.

Eric shook his head and chuckled, “You, my friend, are such a girl. Dude, if I was you, I would be with like... a different girl every night.”

“I guess that’s why I’m the actor, and you’re just my rep.” Michael teased, peeling the label off of his beer bottle.

“Hey! I’m not just your rep, I’m your manager too!” Eric exclaimed, crossing his arms over his chest, as he leaned back against the bar.

“Francie, do I really have to go?” Sydney whined, pouting slightly, even though she knew her pout was useless against her best friend.

Francie rolled her eyes, “Stop being such a baby.”

“We went to a bar last weekend, why do we have to go AGAIN, this weekend?” Sydney groaned, as Francie pulled on her arm, leading her into the club.

“It smells.” Sydney stated as she stepped into the room.

Francie rolled her eyes once more, “Now you’re really being a baby.” She tugged on Sydney’s hand, pulling her towards the bar where they could get a drink.

Sydney smiled politely at the man that Francie nearly pushed out of the way to get to the bartender. “Sorry about her,” Sydney said quietly, rolling her eyes, before telling the bartender she wanted a martini.

Francie had her drink for a whole second, before setting it down and pulling Syd on the dance floor.

Sydney took one last look over her shoulder at the man who Francie had bumped into. He was handsome with sandy blonde hair, a chin dimple that would knock almost any woman on her ass, and green eyes that were unforgettable.

For some reason, Sydney felt the strange notion that she knew him from somewhere, but knew she would remember someone like him if she had ever met him before.

After dancing to a few songs with Francie, Sydney went back to sip on her drink, surprised to find the same man sitting there, this time he was alone.

“It looks like you’re having as much fun as I am.” Sydney said somewhat sarcastically, taking the stool next to him. “Sydney,” she told him, taking a sip of her drink.

He smiled, “Nice to meet you Sydney.”

“You’re not going to tell me your name?” she laughed, eyeing him with a flirtatious smile.

“You mean you don’t already know it?” He asked, truly in shock, as he flicked the bottom of his nose, in what Sydney guess was a nervous habit.

Her eyebrow shot up, “Should I?”

The man quickly shook his head, “No, no you shouldn’t,” his smile grew, “I’m Michael.”

“Nice to meet you, Michael,” Sydney couldn’t help but grin, taking another sip of her drink, effectively finishing it off.

Michael replied, “Likewise... Can I buy you another?” his head tilted towards her empty glass.

“You don’t have--”

Michael ignored her protest, turning to the bartender, “Another martini for the lovely lady, please, and another beer for me.” He quickly added, looking towards his beer that had turned warm nearly an hour ago.

Sydney blushed, but quickly hid it by looking towards the dance floor. “Hey, isn’t that your friend... the guy you were sitting by?” Sydney asked, looking to the dark-haired man, who was dancing with her best friend.

Michael chuckled, watching as Eric started to break dance, “Can I lie and pretend he’s not?” Michael asked with a hopeful laugh.

Sydney giggled, “He’s not that bad of a dancer.” Sydney told him, not completely honest.

“Oh, now you’re lying. Eric should be outlawed from ever, ever dancing.” Michael told her, “You haven’t seen him when he’s drunk.” He shook his head in embarrassment. “I really would lie and say he’s not my friend then.”

“Oh, and you’re a much better dancer?” she asked, cocking her head to the side.

Michael shook his head, “I didn’t say that, that is why I’m here at the bar. I don’t dance.” Michael said firmly.

“Not at all?” Sydney asked, somewhat shocked.

Michael shook his head, “Nope, there was an incident with a she-male and a dance, and I have yet to recover,” he said overdramatically.

Sydney burst out laughing, “Seriously?”

“Sadly yes, you think the voice and the man arms would have tipped me off, but...” Michael trailed off blushing, shocked at himself for revealing such a horrifying piece of information to Sydney.

Sydney continued to laugh, and Michael knew that there couldn’t have been a more beautiful sound. Her laugh was like a song that he could listen to over and over again.

Trying to hide his grin, he took a sip of his beer. This could be the girl he was looking for. She was smart, witty, beautiful, and best of all; she had no clue that he was Michael Vaughn - the famous actor.

:thinking: ;)

cute
like it
can't wait for the next chap
update soon
thanks for the pm
please keep me on the list :D

luv Chicketepee :seehearspeak:

“Sadly yes, you think the voice and the man arms would have tipped me off, but...” Michael trailed off blushing, shocked at himself for revealing such a horrifying piece of information to Sydney.
Hilarious!! Still laughing about that comment :D

Great story, please keep me on the PM list... Thanks (y)

He was handsome with sandy blonde hair, a chin dimple that would knock almost any woman on her ass, and green eyes that were unforgettable.

I second that motion.

Keep PMing me please! Interesting concept!

:smiley:

I already love this...:smiley:...

Vaughn's story was hilarious...Poor him...

If he is a famous actor I wonder how Sydney don't know him...

Can't wait to see how everything will go between them...Please keep PMing me when you post more

That was fantastic! I loved it! I bet you that Syd is glad Francie dragged her out again this weekend!

Keep me on the PM list! Thanks!

Megan

This is adorable
I love it
I'm so glad she isn't some sorta crazed fan
He likes that
Thanks for the PM
Keep me on the list
Update again soon please!

Back