How/When Should Syd and Vaughn Get Together?

mbc

Cadet
OK, let's just assume for now that Syd and Vaughn will get back together. When and how should it happen? I know some people have said they should get together before they learn that Lauren is Covenant, but I don't think that's going to happen.

I find that I don't want it to happen quickly. Before, Vaughn dated Alice right up until he could have Sydney. I don't want him to go immediately from Lauren to Syd. I want him to have to work for it a little bit. Not that I think Syd doesn't love him, because the writers have made it clear that she does. But I think he needs to spend some time acknowledging that he hurt her, that by staying with his wife while simultaneously making it extremely difficult for Syd to move on, he acted poorly and caused her pain.

Although I don't want Sydney to get involved in another relationship, I would like to see Vaughn worry about it a bit. Maybe Will could come back (because that would be a good thing anyway) or Sydney could have someone interested in her. I just don't want Vaughn to be able to crook his finger at her and have her come running.

Well, after Sunday's episode, I'm ready to see Sydney move on, but I don't think that's likely. If she moves on, the writers are going to have to deal with the whole soulmates/fate issue. Were they soulmates? Was their relationship fated? And if so, how do you move on happily without your soulmate?

mbc said:
OK, let's just assume for now that Syd and Vaughn will get back together. When and how should it happen? I know some people have said they should get together before they learn that Lauren is Covenant, but I don't think that's going to happen.

I find that I don't want it to happen quickly. Before, Vaughn dated Alice right up until he could have Sydney. I don't want him to go immediately from Lauren to Syd. I want him to have to work for it a little bit. Not that I think Syd doesn't love him, because the writers have made it clear that she does. But I think he needs to spend some time acknowledging that he hurt her, that by staying with his wife while simultaneously making it extremely difficult for Syd to move on, he acted poorly and caused her pain.

Although I don't want Sydney to get involved in another relationship, I would like to see Vaughn worry about it a bit. Maybe Will could come back (because that would be a good thing anyway) or Sydney could have someone interested in her. I just don't want Vaughn to be able to crook his finger at her and have her come running.
i want it to happen the last episode season 3.

somehow.. ^_^

personally, i don't see syd and vaughn getting back together...at least, not before the end of season 3. if anything, we're gonna have to wait it out until season 4.

but for some reason, i have a feeling that vaughn's going to do or say something that is going to make syd change her mind about wanting to be with him. this should all be very interesting.

I doubt if they are going to deal much with the soulmate thing. I mean a person can fall in love more then one time. that there is only one person for everyone out there is ridiculous.

I think I´ve been pretty clear on my thought, get writh of Vaughn put him in a coma till his contract expires.

hmm... well, they are gonna get together sooner or later... dunno if it'll be anytime soon. i think if they do, it should be very gradual.
maybe next series. she should take ages forgiving him :D

sabs dear... deep breathes... they work a charm

Some people are adament that the oracles are right, and the oracles say that Syd and Vaughn will reunite by the season finale. Psshhh.

I think she needs to make him work for it before they get back together. He doesn't deserve to be taken back so quickly. Not with all the s*** he's been pulling.

i completely agree... although i haven't seen much of S3.

she needs to make him get on his knees and tel her how much he needs her. bleh bleh... you get my drift

mmm, well if he really really really crawls beggs for a long time maybe I can tolerate them. probably still not but there is a chance, I´ll probably find him more pathetic. my hatred for the guy is enormous and I´m not a easily forgiving person. if I were Syd I would have moved on and gotten together with sark a long time ago. but since I´m not I can only wait and hope she´ll get over him, she doesn´t need him, or any men to make her feel good. she can be without for a while is my best option, then get together with sarkie.

as long as they do get back together I don't care how. well kinda as long as they are back together will make me so freakin happy.

I ´want syd to realize she doesn´t need a guy to make her life complete, she doesn´t need Vaughn. just when he divorced lauren I want her to tell him when he tries to get back together with her. "no, I´ve given you enough chances to get me back. you blew them. I´m sorry Vaughn but I just realized I don´t need you. I´m fine with just me. and I need just me alone before I can date anyone again"

Back