~Identity: Unknown~

A/N: Alright, if you've ever seen the Bourne Identity before, this story has a smiliarites. Michael Vaughn works for the government, he's an assasin AKA: a hitman. Sydney Bristow is a truama surgeon from LA who is visiting her family in West Vrigina.

Vaughn is on a mission, gets in trouble, and well...you'll just have to stay tuned for more...i'm not going to give everything away.

~Prolouge~

The air was quiet. Nothing could be heard from his spot on the mountain except his own steady breathing. He'd been there for over four days, watching the activity in the area. His job was assasination. He was supposed to kill Jacob McHugh. McHugh was responsible for the disapperance for the 300 pounds of explsives during the US occupation in the middle east. He'd sold it to the US in exchange for protection, and a place far away from civilization. He got it. The governement gave him a small cabin off a lake in West Viringa. It was just at the base of a mountain, the east, south and west walls were surrounded by the moutains steep slope, leaving only the front open for attack. It was the middle of winter, exactly four days before Chirstmas, and of course he'd be on a mission. But it didn't bother him, he had no family to spend it with. His father died when he was eight, and he never knew his mother, she died giving birth. He had distant family, but they weren't intersted in him.

He sat with his back agaisnt the large tree stump, a cigarette in his mouth as he waited for McHugh to get up. He was supposed to complete the assasination in three hours. The government didn't want a terrorist inside the US, so he was sent to take him out. Alot more went on in the government than many people knew about. He wasn't even supposed to know, but he did. He heard the sound of a door close, it echoed off the walls of the mountian and caused him to sit up. He picked up his binoculars and looked down to the cabin. McHugh stood outside, releaving himself on a tree. Michael Vaughn shook his head and set his binoculars down.

"Crazy Bas****. You don't have any idea what's coming to you, do you?" He sighed and reached over to his bag, taking out his canteen, he opened the lid and took a long swig of cold water. He threw it back in his backpack and stood up. He had three hours to get down to the bottom of the mountain and complete his hit. He packed up his gear and threw his hicking bag over his shoulder. Picking up his rifle, he threw his cigerette on the ground and started to walk down the steep path to the bottom. By the time he finally got to the base of the mountain, it was already 11:00. Vaughn knew McHugh's schedule. He'd come outside to feed the dogs kept in the cages of the back of the house. It would be the perfect time to jump him. He took off his gear and took out his silenced 9mm pistol. He made sure there was no way that McHugh could spot him, and then he ran for it. He jumped over some logs and pressed his back to the east wall of McHugh's home. His pistol was in front of him, ready for action. He peaked around the back of the house to see the glass door wide open. He found it strange, and hesitated, trying to decide if he should check it out or not. He quietly snuck to the back door, making sure the dogs didn't hear him. He stuck his gun in the doorway as he stepped into the house. Everything was dark, but there was a pot of water boiling on the stove. He heard the floor creak behind him, and before he could turn around he was pushed forward. He immediatly leaped into action. Using the hot pot to his advantage, he grabbed the handle and turned around. McHugh was standing there with a wooden baseball bat. Vaughn threw the water in McHughs face. It burned and ate away at his skin, causing the flesh to bubble up. Vaughn went to grab his gun that he had dropped when he was pushed from behind. McHugh recovered quickly and swung the bat, hitting Vaughn in the back of the head. The last thing he saw was the floor.

He slowly opened his eyes when he felt someone fumbling with his feet. The first thing he saw was the gray sky, the snowflakes fell in his eyes and caused him to turn his head away. He looked down his body to see McHugh tying his feet to the back of a snowmobile. They weren't near the cabin anymore, instead they were out in the open.

"You think you can kill me so easily, American? You think you can outsmart Jacob, eh?" McHugh asked in his thick Irish accent. It was ironic really, he was Irish, but he was raised in the middle east. He was a terrorist, but he didn't beleive he was the bad guy.

Vaughn moaned, he softly touched the back of his head to feel the warm moist blood coating his hair. He looked up at McHugh.

"I know who you work for, they told me you were coming. They told me to kill you, and so that's what i'm doing."

"Who?" Vaughn asked with a cough. His throat was dry and his voice hoarse. McHugh tied the rope in a knot and looked down at Vaughn.

"Your friends." He said. Without anymore explanation he turned on the engine.

"You scared my face, you're paying for it now." He said. He pressed a button and the snowmobile started to move forward, dragging Vaughn behind it.

"I hope you know how to swim, Mr. Vaughn." McHugh said. A flash of surprise filled Vaughn's eyes as he realized what the snowmobile was riding on. He heard a crack and all of a sudden the ground broke beneath him. He immediatly felt like knives were stabbing him. The fridged lake water was freezing up his nerves and his mind. Before he was pulled under he looked at McHugh on last time, he was walking away, as if nothing happened.

"McHugh!" Vaughn yelled. He swallowed some water and quickly closed his mouth as the wieght of the snowmobile pulled him under. It took him two minutes, but he finally freed himself from the restraints and floated back to the hole in the surface of the ice. With all the strength left in his body, he pulled himself out of the water and laid in the snow, freezing to death. He didn't expect to make it, he didn't expect for anyone to find him.

oww poor Vaughn :frozen:

Is he gonna be OK? :nervous:

Seems to need :stretcher:

Can u send me a pm when u update? :Please:

Scialet ;)

I love all your fics! :love:
You such a terrific writer! (y)
So you can imagine how I feel right now! :thinking:
Very :woot: !
The story is so intruding! :smiley:
I already love it! :D
I really can imagine the whole scenery b/c of your detailed descriptions! ;)
Thanks, now I know WV, very beautiful there! :P
Anyway, can I please get a PM? ;)
Thanks!

Muse

~Chapter 1~

~West Virginia~
~Six Miles East~

She pulled up the gravel driveway of her childhood house. It was just as she remembered it. It was fairly big for a cabin in the middle of nowhere, the green shutters, the fairly dark wood covering the sides and fronts, and the big picture window in the living room. As a young girl she spent most of her afternoons sitting in front of the window, waiting for her father to come home from work. It was her favorite spot in the house; it also had a beautiful view of the mountains in the distance. She stepped out of her car and took in the fresh mountain air. It had been nearly two years since she'd been home. Every Christmas since, she'd been on call at the LA County hospital, where she has been a trauma surgeon for four years.

She smiled when she saw the front door open. Nearly half the family walked out on the front porch, waiting to greet her. She spotted her father, her sister Nadia, Nadia's husband Jeff, their daughter Emma, her Aunt Susan and Uncle Bob, and of course, the family dog Chance. Chance immediately came running down the stairs and ran up to Sydney. He immediately started to jump up, excited.

"Chance! Chance stop it!" Jack Bristow yelled. He walked down the stairs and grabbed Chance by the collar and held him down.

"Hi, dad." Sydney said smiling. She hugged her father awkwardly as the dog tried to pull away. Sydney laughed as Chance pulled Jack backwards and into the snow. Everyone laughed. Sydney helped her father up and brushed the fluffy snow off his back. Jack groaned and walked up the front steps as Sydney hugged the rest of her family.

"It's about time you come visit, sis." Nadia said as she held six year old Emma in her arms. Sydney sighed.

"I know, I know. You don't need to give me the third degree. I already heard enough from Dad." She said. They walked inside. The girls worked in the kitchen as the guys got ready to go ice fishing. Nadia and Sydney peeled patties as Susan prepared the turkey.

"So where's Brett? I thought you said you were bringing him this year?" Nadia asked as she threw a peel in the garbage can. Sydney sighed and took a deep breath.

"No, actually, we sort of broke up." She said. Nadia stopped peeling and stared at her sister.

"What!? I thought it was serious?" She asked. Sydney nodded.

"It was, until I found out he was sleeping with Miranda." She said, finally looking up at Nadia.

"Oh, not Miranda!"

"Whose Miranda?" Susan asked looking at the girls.

"She's..."

"An evil b**** secretary at the hospital that steals every guy that Sydney ever goes out with." Nadia said. She looked back at her sister.

"Syd, you seriously need to kick her a**, you know that right?"

Sydney smiled.

"I don't care. If any guy decides to cheat on me then they're not worth the time and effort anyway." Sydney said.

"Amen to that." Susan said as she set the turkey in the oven and closed the door. Jeff walked into the kitchen as he put on his wool gloves.

"Alright, girls. We're heading out; we'll be back in a few hours. We've got the radio, if you need anything just call." He said. He walked behind Nadia and planted a kiss on the top of her head.

"Love you." He told her. She smiled and looked at him as he left.

"Love you too. Careful!" She said. The front door slammed shut and the three girls continued to work on dinner.

It was starting to get dark outside, as it was nearly five o'clock. Sydney stood in the dining room, setting up the plates and silverware as Nadia and Susan finished making the biscuits. She picked up the embroidered napkins out of the basket and smiled. To her it was only years ago that she was helping her mother make them.

~Flashback~

Little Sydney Bristow sat in front of the large window in the family room. She'd been sitting in that same spot for over an hour, wondering why her father wasn't home yet. She pulled legs to her chest and rested her chin on her knees. She let out a sigh.

"Mommy, when is daddy coming home?" Sydney asked a bit disappointed. Laura Bristow looked up at her daughter.

"He'll be home soon, sweetheart, he had to work late." Laura said. She smiled when her daughter let out a series of sighs, one after another.

"Sydney, come here." She said. Sydney got up quickly and walked lazily over to her mother. Laura pulled Sydney into her lap.

"Why don't you help me finish these special napkins." Laura said. She picked up a white cloth and began to sew the edges again. Sydney watched.

"Why are they special, Mommy?" Sydney asked. Laura smiled.

"Because we're making them together, that's why!" She said kissing the side of Sydney's head.

"Mommy!" Sydney wiped her hand across head.
"You're drooling on me."

Laura laughed and began to sew again.

"One day, Sydney Anne, one day you won't mind so much." Laura said.

"What?" Sydney asked confused. Laura laughed and put the napkins and thread down.

"Well would you mind if little Jimmy Carson kissed you?" Laura asked.

"Ewe!! Mommy! Boys are gross!" Sydney yelled as she hopped off her mothers lap.

"Do you think your daddy's gross?" Laura asked, one eyebrow arched.

"Well....no...but....MOMMY! That's not the point!" Sydney yelled getting frustrated. Her mother smiled.

"Then what is the point dear?" She asked. Sydney crossed her arms.

"Well....boys are just gross, they smell funny, and they scratch their butts. They're icky!" Sydney said. Laura finally broke out into a fit of laughter.

"Don't laugh! It's not funny!" Sydney yelled. Her mother sat up and bit her tongue, trying to compose herself.

"Sorry, sweetheart, you're right." She said. All of a sudden the front door opened and Sydney immediately ran away, knowing full well who was home. She left her mother in the living room, still laughing about what her young daughter had said.

~End Flashback~

Sydney smiled as she remembered the delicate memory. She lost her mother that year, and she also lost a part of herself. Laura Bristow had died in a car accident. Made it to the hospital, and could have lived. She'd lost so much blood that they needed to pump more into her body to keep her alive. But the new nurse had grabbed the wrong bags of blood. It was an accident to the doctors and the hospital, it was an accident to the judge that tried their case. But to her, it was murder. She quickly wiped away her tears when she saw the headlights of the truck through the window in the living room. She was confused when she heard yelling coming from outside. She walked to the door, her hand about to grasp the handle when it suddenly flew open. She jumped back holding her hand over her heart. Jeff walked into the house backwards. He wobbled as he walked and Sydney finally realized he was carrying something, more like someone. Her father had the top half of the man, carrying him by the arms. Sydney could feel the how cold he was just by the air that whipped by her as they passed by her.

"Who the hell is that?" Nadia asked from the kitchen doorway. Jack and Jeff carried the freezing man up the stairs.

"Where do we put him?" Jeff asked breathless. They stood in the hallway, not knowing where to go.

"Put him in my room." Sydney told them. Without even hesitating, they brought him into Sydney's room and laid him down. Sydney stood at the foot of the bed.

"What happened to him?" Sydney asked. The man was pale, frost covered his face, sticking to his thick eyebrows and the light stubble on his cheek.

"We don't know. We were headed back here when we found him." Jeff said. Jack stepped in.

"It looks like he fell in the water, he must have pulled himself out, because he was laying on the surface of the ice when we found him. He was barley breathing." Jack said. Sydney looked down at the man again.

"He has a really bad gash on the back of his head." Jeff said. Sydney sighed.

"Alright. Get his clothes off. We have to get him warmed up." Sydney said. She walked into the bathroom as Jeff and Jack took off the mans stiff clothes. She took out a few big towels and soaked them in hot water in the sink. She came back out to see that they were already done. She walked over to the bed and softly pushed her way past her father. She sat down on the edge of the bed and one of the hot towels on the mans chest. She stood back up and lifted the bottom part of the blanket slightly. She laid the towels over both of his legs and then covered him up with more blankets.

"Can't we just throw him in a bathtub full of hot water?" Jeff asked standing there. Sydney shook her head.

"You can't, if we warm him up to fast he'll die. It's like when you go scuba diving, you can't resurface to fast, your lungs can't take it. Well in this case his heart can't." she said. Jeff nodded.

"Do you know his name?" Sydney asked as she continued to exam the man. She lifted up his eyelids and flashed a small flashlight by them.

"Yeah." Jeff said. He took out a metal wristband.

"It's weird though, he must be with the military or something." He said. He handed the band to her and she read the engraved letters.

Michael C. Vaughn
Paris, FR

Sydney looked up at the guys.

"This is all he had on him?" She asked surprised. Jeff nodded. The three of them walked out of the bedroom and stood in the hallway.

"What do we do with him?" Jeff asked. Jack sighed.
"Well, we can't take him to Dr. Roberts, he's on holiday, we'll have to wait a few days." He said.

"Wait, you suggest we keep a stranger here over Christmas? We don't even know who he really is, what if he's a serial killer or something?" Jeff asked. Jack gave him a look. He turned back to the bedroom door and locked it.

"There, you happy?" He asked. Sydney and Jack walked back downstairs.

"No!" Jeff said running after them.

Sydney sat at the diner table that night, almost completely silent as she thought about the man upstairs. She knew there was more to him than a stupid metal wristband. There had to be a story behind why he was by himself with no supplies in the middle of nowhere. Now they just had to wait for him to wake up for their answers.

Beat da PM too! :smiley:
*off reading*
I do exactly the same like Scialet and cheat! :P

Muse

Edit -> I love your fic! :love:
So intruding and addicting! But it´s a good thing! (y)
I really can´t wait for more! :smiley:
I wanna know what´ll happen with Vaughn! :thinking:
thanks for da PM! ;)

Gosh! lol. Is there any reason for the PM anyway then? You guys are already half way done with the chapter when i'm sending the stupid things out! lol

Gosh I beat da pm too and i've been kicked out!!!

it's so unfair...

amazing update!

love how u describe things!

"Hi, dad." Sydney said smiling. She hugged her father awkwardly as the dog tried to pull away. Sydney laughed as Chance pulled Jack backwards and into the snow. Everyone laughed. Sydney helped her father up and brushed the fluffy snow off his back. Jack groaned and walked up the front steps as Sydney hugged the rest of her family.

So Jack can act like a human? :blink: Really? lol

"I don't care. If any guy decides to cheat on me then they're not worth the time and effort anyway." Sydney said.

Well said! (y)

"Mommy!" Sydney wiped her hand across head.
"You're drooling on me."

Laura laughed and began to sew again.

"One day, Sydney Anne, one day you won't mind so much." Laura said.

"What?" Sydney asked confused. Laura laughed and put the napkins and thread down.

"Well would you mind if little Jimmy Carson kissed you?" Laura asked.

"Ewe!! Mommy! Boys are gross!" Sydney yelled as she hopped off her mothers lap.

Aww guys remember when you though like that? :lol:

"Alright. Get his clothes off. We have to get him warmed up." Sydney said.

Syd, don't take advantages of the situation! lol :angelic:

Sydney sat at the diner table that night, almost completely silent as she thought about the man upstairs. She knew there was more to him than a stupid metal wristband.

She has an instinct... ;)

Scialet ;)

P.S: hope you don't mind if I quote lol

Back