If Only...

:thud: STOP THERE?!?!?! ACK!!!!!! Awesome job, sis! I can't wait to read about this tutoring session...mmhmm....school has never been so much fun! ;)

Thanks for the pm...and I can't wait for more. :D Update soon! :lol:

Aaaaa!!!!!!!!!!! I just caught up with this and I'll say it's AMAZING!!!!! I love it SO much! Please PM me when you update! This story is just so great and fantastic and has so much emotion!!!! Love it! (y)

:o_O: this is like the shortest thing ever and it's so stuuuuuuuupid :lol: but whatever... i guess it's a teaser, i have no TIME... i'm either doing homework or at work or on AA and i have no brain power to write. ^_^

Joe opened a large mahogany door and swept his left arm towards the inside of the room, indicating Atari to step in first.

Mademoiselle,” he smiled.

“Well at least you know one word,” Atari joked. She stepped into the room and gasped. It wasn’t just a room… it was a library. Atari’s eye scanned shelf after wonderful shelf of just…books. Her eyes went up towards the balcony where even more books were kept. “Y-you have a library? That’s crazy. I mean… this is like my whole entire house inside this place. There’s two floors of just… books and books. Wow.” Atari blushed at her rambling and quickly went back to her poker face.

“Yeah, my grandfather loved to read. It’s amazing… I don’t have to go the library; there are reference books and all. There are two computers and a printer, if we’ll need them,” Joe said.

Atari nodded and looked to the long mahogany table. “So, let’s start.”

----

Joe slightly looked up from his study book and titled his head sideways to glance at Atari. She knew he was looking at her from her peripheral vision and felt his eyes boring into her. The intensity was palpable. She felt as if he was examining every pore on her face, every wrinkly in her forehead, and eyelash attached to her lid. Finally, Atari looked up and said, “Why have you been staring straight at me for three minutes?”

Joe’s eyes widened and his face, flustered. He swallowed and continued to look into her eyes. Joe cleared his throat.

“You know, I’ve never met a girl like you. I mean… you’re not into all that preppy girl stuff from what I see. You don’t seem like you’re into all the gossip and high school drama but you’re not trying so hard to be “punk” just to make a statement. You just seem above it all like you’ve lived through so much and that all this high school pomp isn’t what really matters. I just see that in you and it makes me think differently.”

Atari didn’t know what to say. She was so surprised because what Joe just said… all of it… it was basically true. She’d been through so much and all she wanted really was to have a normal family instead of this dementedly dysfunctional one. But Joe didn’t know that. And Atari wasn’t going to say anything about it.

----

Okay so the tutoring didn’t go so bad.

I even laughed a few times… when have I ever laughed with a guy my age? And I mean a real laugh… and that feeling… it’s so…

No. I can’t think about Joe. I have to focus 100% on my plan to get out of this town and into New York City.

But he’s so… great… and so fresh and fun. It’s a new feeling… a new experience… I actually enjoy spending time with him. And what he said to me today when I walked out, that just made me feel more confident and less like a scum on the earth. It’s so corny but I think I’ll remember it forever…

I feel like such a selfish ass now that the only reason I agreed to this whole thing was to get money.

It’s the only way though… to get out. And to move on. To leave all the horrible memories behind.

And right when I get a chance to leave… right when that gate opens up… there’s one reason to stay. And that one reason might just be worth it.

thankee for the new post and it doesnt matter if it was short cause we are heading forwards not beackwards and it was good, not vrappy.
ukaliaschick (y) (n)

ohhhh that was good ^_^ it does not suck! but i totally feel your pain about the homework. I have homework in every single subject and i have four tests already next week *dies* anyways hope you have more soon!
--mandy :angelic:

That wasn't bad at all! I know how the homework goes, but I thought the chapter was great...it's been awhile, but I just wanted to read about the tutoring session...;)

(y) Way to go, sis! and thanks for the pm...:smiley:

NANCE!!!! That update was NOT horrible! And it was NOT Stupid! IT WAS FANTAsTIC!!!!!!!!!! So it was a little short, but it still had all the emotion packed into it. This story is just so fantastic and I'm completely bummed that I'm gonna be this weekened so that I won't be able to read more!!!!! AAAA!! BUT IT'S SO GOOD!!!! :woot: :woot: :woot:

reeeeally? :blink: eee i wish i could update but i have no time. ::sighs::

maybe during winter break! as a "christmas gift" :lol: :rolleyes: ^_^

Duuuuuuuuuuuude! Where did you go???? We're dying for an update here! You didn't forget about your story and leave it buried in the dust...did you? Please post more!! PLEASE??? PLLLLLLEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAASSSSSSSSSEEEEEEEE???????

Back