Season 5 Important News regarding Michael Vartan/Vaughn

There trying to make it seem like Vaughn never exsisted, and Vartan never was on the show. This is pushing it too damn far. I hate ABC and anyone that was affiliated with making this whole decision. This is going to go down in history as one of the worst mistakes a TV show ever made.

What a**holes.

Mia isn't even on the show anymore and her stuff is still up there!

I don't care what the f*** ABC thinks. I've watched this show for four years, to me Vaughn will always be alive. They can take their crappy ratings and screw themselves again.

:D that post made me laugh in all this "crappyness". thanks for that. (although i know you probably didn't mean it as a joke)

i hate myself for being so "weak", but i seriously doubt that we will see vartan on alias ever again. but dear god do i hope that i turn out to be wrong!

Lets just say that MV really is off the show (which I don't believe) then he has every right to pass up the opportunity of coming back. If he chooses to not sign back on for a few episodes then we all need to respect that and let him go. How ever, people seem to take to heart what spoiler fix and Kristen and all the other spoiler sources have to say and then throw JJ, and MV's comments right out the window. I know just as much about what is happening to MV's character as the next guy. My head is still spinning, I am still numb from last week, but I refuse to believe any rumor until it is no longer a rumor.

As for ABC taking MV off the site. Lets just sit back and see what they are up to. It isn't much of a spoiler if all that Spoiler fix did was state the obvious. If they had an explanation for it then that might be considered a spoiler, but they don't they are just stating a fact that any blow Joe can go and find out for them self. As far as we know it's a scare tactic, or maybe they are editing it and took it off momentarily. Then again maybe it really is off for good, which is just one more thing to add to the book of "What The Heck?"

I know this was posted in another spoiler subject but it was re-worded slightly By JJ him self. which means he is trying to get his opinion out about HIS show.
JJ Abrams Quote from TV GUIDE

"The majority of people who really care about the show and about Vartan
are not the people who are indiscriminately attacking Jennifer Garner.
The majority of [Alias fans] really do, and rightfully so, appreciate
Michael Vartan. And I hope they keep watching. And I would say one
thing: Watch carefully, because there are clues as to what's going to happen
in the episodes. And if [Vaughn] happens not to be in the episode that
you're watching, it doesn't mean he's not part of it."

Now there will be two types of people who respond to his comment. The Optimist’s and the pessimists. I can see it now the Pessimists will say that that just proves JJ is toying with us, and the optimists will state that that is proof That MV is only off for a few episodes. As for JJ's comment about JG. I believe he worded it perfectly. For all of those who are so quick to judge, spread rumors and gossip about something you know nothing about, all I have to say is stop and think before you start attacking people.

Natalie is VERY right when she says we all need to just wait and watch the credits this Thursday. Something tells me his name will still be on it as a main character, But then again we won't know until we watch.

Kel

what IS vartan's own comment to all of this? has he said anything? :blink:

i so want to be an optimist, but i'm finding it a little difficult right now...:(

we'll know more after thursday.

yeah Kel, i totally agree with you.

and i have a feeling he will still be in the credits only cuz the new guy agent's name was there too but he wasn't in that episode, so i think this is the cast for season 5

Count me in as an optimist - I'm not going to believe any of the rumors revolving around the show until they are proven as fact (and all they are now is exactly that - rumors, especially when they come from the likes of E!'s gossip-mongers).

Yall watch if there is a season 6 i bet this new agent will be the new sydney and jennifer garner wont be back. i hope im wrong but im finding it so hard right now to have faith in JJ

Guys if MV is off the website, I'm pretty sure he's off the credits as well. I mean, at abcmedianet they have even taken down his individual pictures - they have also taken down the group cast pictures that included him. All that is left is episode captures. I don't think there is anything left to see on Thursday (regarding his name in the credits - etc.) This sad ship has sailed.

i hate it though: either vartan is truely gone, he has left the show but will be back for a few eppys, or this is all rumors

I hope it's that last one...even if he isn't a series regular, i still won't like alias, i know it's sad but syd needs love in her life honestly. She's put up with so much felgercarb each season

i also thought of this:

*no one saw this coming, only that little spoiler about that his last scene was shot on such and such and they did the funeral scene. But no one truely believed it because they thought it pertained to him dying in the car crash. I still think they are leading us to believe that he's leaving the show and that there will be no more vaughn. I think whatever JJ has in store for us will completely unexpected and right now, we're expecting that vaughn is off the show for good.

his name was in credits on the show. we won't know if thats changed until we see thursday's show.
Here's a question. I went to the listings for television appearances for Michael Vartan. The very first listing was Oct 27th. That's the 5th episode (OUT of the BOX?). Then it lists the re-runs on TNT, the upcoming stint on Kitchen Confidential, Poker Tour on Bravo, etc. Why list specifically the 27th if he's not coming back that show? Is it a mistake or? Any thoughts?

*no one saw this coming, only that little spoiler about that his last scene was shot on such and such and they did the funeral scene. But no one truely believed it because they thought it pertained to him dying in the car crash. I still think they are leading us to believe that he's leaving the show and that there will be no more vaughn. I think whatever JJ has in store for us will completely unexpected and right now, we're expecting that vaughn is off the show for good.

I did some research and I definitely saw this coming. I don't usually listen to spoiler sources, either, but it was obvious that this time was different. And the information was out there to be had that he didn't die in the car crash but during a shoot out later in 5.01. The difference this time was that MV had not been on set in a really long time. His last day was around the 17th of August. If/When he is coming back, it is not going to be a secret. Personally I don't think he will ever be listed as a series regular again. I'm not trying to be the voice of dissent. It is just that the network won't comment. The truth is out there to be had. One just has to go looking.

I find it interesting to go back and look at the spoilers for the first episode now after it aired. Or even the interviews with JG before the season started. They ask her on Access Hollywood if MV is gone this season and she says "the answer is no."

I did some research and I definitely saw this coming. I don't usually listen to spoiler sources, either, but it was obvious that this time was different. And the information was out there to be had that he didn't die in the car crash but during a shoot out later in 5.01. The difference this time was that MV had not been on set in a really long time. His last day was around the 17th of August. If/When he is coming back, it is not going to be a secret. Personally I don't think he will ever be listed as a series regular again. I'm not trying to be the voice of dissent. It is just that the network won't comment. The truth is out there to be had. One just has to go looking.

You and me both. I definitely don't think it was the intention when the decision was made to kill Vaughn off the show, to have MV return. I believe their asking him to return, now (IF this is true), maybe to appease MV's fans and retain viewership. That's just my opinion. Just the fact that MV is no longer a regular cast member, makes me angry. That's why I will no longer be watching the show.

Here is what I don't understand. Why not kill him in the car crash? There was no need for him to survive that. And then, why not have him die immediately after being shot instead of taking him to the hospital, undergoing surgery, being awake and talking to Syd and THEN dying?

None of it makes sense. If he really is dead, it was stupid and pointless writing.

You got that right! No doubt it was conjure up this Prophet 5 nonsense.

You and me both. I definitely don't think it was the intention when the decision was made to kill Vaughn off the show, to have MV return. I believe their asking him to return, now (IF this is true), maybe to appease MV's fans and retain viewership. That's just my opinion. Just the fact that MV is no longer a regular cast member, makes me angry. That's why I will no longer be watching the show.

Hi I agree and I also think that Michael himself gave a through away line at the sports awards that he was presenting at (cannot now remember the name) when he was asked the normal question about his relationship with JG (which as he always answered well) and said something like 'yeh she has a job...' this really upset me because at the time I thought great those idiots have now really removed him from the show.

I apologize in advance if this is posted elsewhere (I am going to do it in MV thread also), but if you look closely vaughn/vartan have NOT been removed from the abc websites!!!! Ah-ha, is it a possible clue just like JJ is feading us for LOST?

You have to manipulate the system, but if you type in his name in the address bar at certain parts, it brings him up. Granted it is old information & pictures, but they are still there!!! I have hope!

Here is what I don't understand. Why not kill him in the car crash? There was no need for him to survive that. And then, why not have him die immediately after being shot instead of taking him to the hospital, undergoing surgery, being awake and talking to Syd and THEN dying?

None of it makes sense. If he really is dead, it was stupid and pointless writing.

exactly!!!!! ITA

I am very sad to seem him go, if this is the case. Even if he were to come back for a few eposide that would be even worse to me. Because... 1) Sydney and Vaughn might end it, and they will never be together 2) because he will only be a guest appearance meaning that he wont stick around, and he wont be there. 3) We will know that he's alive and not with Syd. At least we know when he died that they both loved each other. They both said it before he died. If he were to only make a guest appearance what would that be. I would hope if he comes back he plans on staying, or that might even be even worse then when he died.
I wouldn't mind seeing his hot face again ;)

Love ya,

Lauren :angelic:

First off, they needed to set up the story arc for this season, what Vaughn had to tell Syd, that Prophet Five stuff, is a driving force to what apparently hurt Vaughn, and what and who Syd will go after to find out who "killed" him.

Secondly, we got an emotional and touching scene with Vaughn and Syd where they got a chance to tell each other that they loved one another. A true "shipper" moment.

Irina knew of what he was doing. She told him to tell her at the end of last season. Irina could have told Jack or Sydney or even written Sydney a letter. Vaughn could have written her a letter, say something that would have been released or sent to her upon his death. There are many other ways it could have been done. Look at how long they made us wait before with regard to Sydney's missing two years. TWELVE episodes. They could have explored Vaughn's involvement on their own.

Again, why not then have him die in the train yard after the shooting. He could have looked at her and said, "i love you" and she could have said it back.

I can sorta see your point on the his suriving the car wreck but the shooting? It doesn't make sense. And I'm pretty much convinced he really is dead and that the writers just don't care anymore.

Back