Introduce yourself thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm 12 I've been playing video games and computer games since I was about 5. My favorite video game series of all time if the Legend of Zelda series. I have an old school NES, segs, atari, I've had all the hand held or still have them, PS2, PS,and a gamecube. I'm saving up for a xbox. The online games i play are Gunz The Duel, Soldat (very fun), I'm trying to get into World Of War Craft but my brother wont let me>_> . I like to write Poems and Quotes. I live in Texas and I am a girl gamer.

Originally posted by Basta@Mar 11 2006, 07:59 PM
I'm 12 I've been playing video games and computer games since I was about 5. My favorite video game series of all time if the Legend of Zelda series. I have an old school NES, segs, atari, I've had all the hand held or still have them, PS2, PS,and a gamecube. I'm saving up for a xbox. The online games i play are Gunz The Duel, Soldat (very fun), I'm trying to get into World Of War Craft but my brother wont let me>_> . I like to write Poems and Quotes. I live in Texas and I am a girl gamer.
Welcome to Hero's Hall. It seems to be a popular thing these days, kids playing MMO's. My sister is about your age and has been playing Runescape and Ragnarok Online for as long as I have.

cool never gotten into runescape really. and I havent tried raganoke yet =\ yeah I was spazzing when I saw everyones age. It was odd for such old people to be playing xD no offense. I only found out of the game from Rai and Apollo. They were freaking out about it. They just started screaming at me to join :Ph34r:

lol Rai if apollo doesnt succeed at killing you I will B)

Nice to see so many more people coming of varying ages! Welcome Basta, and Phobia! I hope you both enjoy these forums as much as I do. By the way, if you didn't say you were 12 I wouldnt' have guessed you were, just those couple of posts shows a maturity of an older teenager.

Hail all :smiley:

Nice to see an active form, your site is great

I have been playing MMORPG's since "The Realm" days then went on to AC1 in 1999 and finally called it quits in Nov and have been looking for a new game ever since.
I'm hoping this is the game, it sure looks great so far :smiley:

Some sick nostalgia just came over me when I saw your avatar. Anyways! Away from FFXI.... What is 'The Realm'? And welcome to the forums! I hope you find our community a pleasent one, and that you can get the answers you are looking for out of Hero's Journey.

Although we can't answer a lot, we like to put into theory what we think will happen which is also fun in itself. However, welcome to the forums!

Hi to everyone :smiley:

I am Sven from Germany. I am working currently as a volunteer for the German network Mystics and I am the creator of the German inofficial FAQ for HJ (which can be found on Brodbanes site and on our Mystics fansite soon). I am part of the Hero's Journey team. In RL I become a translator. My languages are French (nearly native speaker), German (native Speaker), Italian and English. At the moment I prepare to learn Russian and Chinese, which will be important next year in the university. Actually I am more afraid of Russian than of the Chinese language. But Andragon, who is Admin of HJ-Mystics, may be can help me a bit with Russian. I love to read and to write as much as I can. Besides that I love to "waste" my time with MMOs. In the recent years I've played many Pen&Paper Games like Shadowrun, DSA (Das Schwarze Auge - a German fantasy MMO), AD&D, Earthdawn, Call of Cthulhu.

My favourite writers are: James Joyce, Samuel Beckett, Marcel Proust, Rimbaud Goethe, Kafka, Schiller, Tolkien, Lovecraft.
Pets: Two Cats. In the past: A dog (Rottweiler).
Favourite classical composers: Bruckner, Bach, Strauss, Schnittke, Ligetti, Beethoven
Favourite modern musicians: Audioslave, Blind Guardian, Depeche Mode, Amon Amarth, mostly metal; soundtracks (especially Howard Shore and Hans Zimmer) and sometimes some dull pop-songs. :P
My favourite philosophers are: Kant, Hegel, Marx and Adorno.
My favourite TV-Shows are: Seinfeld, Simpsons, Band of Brothers
My favourite films are: Lord of the Rings I-III, Collateral, Gladiator, Pirates of the Carribean I, The Hours, The Downfall, Amelie, Good bye Lenin and Koyaanisqatsi + Powaqqatsi.
Played MMORPGs so far: UO, WoW, EQII, "Guild Wars"

I really adore travelling to Ireland and France. And by writing that: On Saturday night I travel to southern France. To Fréjus. :D

Most MMOs disappointed me, because the possibilities for roleplaying were limited. Even now HJ will support and faciliate more RP than most released MMOs.

ok, I think that's enough so far. :lol: I've noticed that this is an Invision board (I am member of another Invision board, too. With the possibility to have an own blog. Cool (but not cheap) stuff. Would be nice to see HJ with such a board.

Amlaith
::HJ-Mystics::
Editor and Translator
Heros-Journey-Mystics (German)
hj_banner_468x60.jpg

Hello, I'm Redfang and it's great to be here at Hero's Hall. Thanks for having me. I am very excited about HJ and am looking forward to playing it with several real life friends.

Speaking of real life, I am an older player in my fourties who has been playing videogames since there were videogames. :P Previous mmorpgs I have played (not including a bunch I have beta tested) are: EQ, EQ2, SWG, CoH, WoW, and GW.

This is an excellent website and I look forward to reading more.

Nice to see some more people from the HJ-Mystics page heading on over, and checking our webpage out! Thanks! As for Redfang, welcome to the forums. I think we have ages 12-50+ on our forums, so you'll find some diversity :smiley:. Welcome welcome welcome!

Originally posted by frostydf2@Mar 12 2006, 05:11 PM
Nice to see some more people from the HJ-Mystics page heading on over, and checking our webpage out! Thanks! As for Redfang, welcome to the forums. I think we have ages 12-50+ on our forums, so you'll find some diversity :smiley:. Welcome welcome welcome!
rofl I think I'm the only 12 year old :lol: . nice of you to add me to the majority. :eek:

Well.. Im Zeus, Im 16 years old and have been playing multiple MMORPG's since I was about 12. before that I played the old stuff like Rockford, All the old Ultimas, Savage Empire, SimAnt, your basic nerdy little 8 year old. Learning C now for a job I have lined up when im 18. I enjoy Paintballing with my Tippman 89 Flatline. and Snowboarding when I get up on the mountain. I live in Pahrump,NV about 50 miles from Las Vega$.

Killarai told me about this game and I decided to check it out. Looks extremely inticing and I cant wait to sink my teeth into it. Glad to be part of the site.

Z.

Well, looks like a great nice site. And first and foremost - with normal forum engine :smiley:

And hopefully looking forward to the game of which its creators give a damn about (currently "vegetating" in L2... :( )

Originally posted by soltys@Mar 16 2006, 10:28 AM
Well, looks like a great nice site. And first and foremost - with normal forum engine :smiley:

And hopefully looking forward to the game of which its creators give a damn about (currently "vegetating" in L2... :( )
Glad you're here! I think a lot of people come here becuase of the easy to use forum style, and layout.

Hey there. I'm Rowell (Yea, I go by Rowell. There are just too many Mike's on the dev teams with Hero's Journey. Say "Hey Mike" and 15 Mikes answer). Anyways, I'm a Full GM with the World Building Team. I'm kind of a hybrid GM, as I do scripting as well as world building, which gives me my cake and lets me eat it too.

I've been a software developer for about 20 years now, sometimes on my own, and sometimes with companies like Motorola. Right about now I do some contracting work, and spend alot of time in Hero Blade doing some dev work (can't wait for ya'll to see what a beautiful world we have in store for you!)

I've been playing MMO's since their inception way back in 1996 (or so) with Ultima Online. From there, I've tested and played EverQuest (1 and 2), Dark Ages of Camelot, Asheron's Call, World of Warcraft. I've also got a Neverwinter Nights server that I custom wrote (though it's awful quiet lately, with all the new MMO's coming out and NWN2 anticipated soon). I guess you could say I'm a rabid online RPG gamer.

So hey there everyone!

PS: Hey Foxyeye...I saw your web site about the Kerra in EQ2 when the game first came out. I completely agree with you....they totally look like Neanderthals! :smiley:

Originally posted by Aries@Mar 19 2006, 01:26 AM
Sigh I've been giving L2 a thought. Might go back :( .
That really depends on what you're looking for.

If you deeply love artificially lengthened grind for the sake of the grind, then you will like L2 (or if you have deep RL pockets). There's not much else in L2. Sure it has really great visual/music setting, even great nude patches. But in this cute anime-styled graphical shell, there's big emptiness inside. Sadly.

Oh I'm sorry - there's pvp, but to matter there, there's a year worth of grind awaiting you, with FOTM class. And top players with ebayed OEd gear will run over you like a train over a car anyway.

Add to it absolutely tragic GM/CS support.

L2 could have been quite decent leveling simulator, with grind kept at sane level, with big open pvp as its main feature. With nice story in the background and well thought out and implemented features. It degenerated to RMT virtual town (Giran, for those who play it, know what I mean :smiley: ). For more overview from my perspective: http://soltys.ziu.info/l2.html

My advice - avoid from as big distance as possible.

Hey I'm new here too, also led here by Killarai, who needs to be a videogame salesman instead of a mapper.

NWN?! felgercarb I loved that game, recently tried to reinstall it but the newest patch hates me :X, too lazy to go through the whole .ini diving to fix my problem though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back