Introduce yourself thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,
I am Brian, I live in the mtns outside Park City, UT. Snow is my friend, I snowboard, ski, tele-ski, and work as a snowmobile guide in winter. Summer is not as fun, I have a house painting company, just small. I have been gaming since Bard's Tale 1-3 on the ol' commodore 64. I played alot of different games, usuallly with OoD, as Ix (or some name with Ix in it somewhere's) :blink:
Hero's Journey looks to be great, with a great community forming already. See you all around!
Ix

Welcome to Hero's Hall Ixx! I really hope you enjoy the community here, and find a better understanding of Hero's Journey while you are here as well!

Ok. So maybe I have already come here, but recently I came to the pointed realisation that I don't really visit Stratics anymore and instead direct my opinions into this forum (which other people actually read).

This is all to say that I am officially coming over to team Hero's Hall.

Go team! :D

Nice to see you join Hero's Hall! The community is a bit lacking right now. We have slowed down ever since the press release of HJ being released in 2007. However, we are still up and kicking with active members in the triple digits. I have no doubt that this will become the best HJ source for anyone!

Hello all.

I'm 26 and live in Columbus, GA. Started off with GS3 around 1995 and quit in 2003 (too much nickle & diming, a.k.a. basic membership was too freaking basic and premium just wasn't worth the money anymore).

In GS, my most recognizable character was Taz, one of the first rogue archers.

I've been playing WoW since a few weeks after its launch and for the most part I enjoy experiencing the high-end game content with my 'hardcore' guild (Alliance on Argent Dawn server). The game is pretty damn boring if I'm not levelling an alt or raiding new interesting content.

Disappointing to hear about the 2007 pushback for HJ, but I'm still looking forward to it, and maybe it'll be able to drag me away from WoW's Burning Crusade expansion.

I'll come in there and drag you out myself if I have to Elestus! haha :smiley:

Welcome to Hero's Hall Elestus! I hope you enjoy the community, and you stay active! Be sure to start posting in our threads too. Just remember, the developers DO read our forums for ideas, and suggestions.

I really need to read this more often, Welcome to all the new members, hope you feel at home here, and I hope your always stuffed with Heros Journey Info!!

Glad to see you finally posting Jack (Demascus)

His brother mike is still lurking around and should be posting soon.

Once again, welcome all, we can get through the long wait together! :D

Just thought I'd sneak in and say hello.
I've been keeping a *gentle eye* on this game for the last few months, and it looks like it's beginning to shape up nicely. Should Vanguard be of the suke, this will be my next port of call. :P

Welcome Ataraxia. I'm sure once you read more, and more about HJ you definatly wont want to play any other game.

Hey all, just thought I would come and say hi. Friend recently got me to check out HJ and so far I'm loving what I'm reading and seeing. Can't wait to check out some more. Take care all and keep up the great work team.

Yiannis

Originally posted by Yiannis@Jun 13 2006, 09:25 AM
Hey all, just thought I would come and say hi. Friend recently got me to check out HJ and so far I'm loving what I'm reading and seeing. Can't wait to check out some more. Take care all and keep up the great work team.

Yiannis
Wooo g'day Yiannis! :D
I can finally add a name to the "I got so-and-so to sign up" list hehe.

Be careful though, he's an Aussie too...

Greetings all! Just wanted to say hello on behalf of me and my husband who are eagerly awaiting Hero's Journey.

Gemstone III was the very first online game I ever played which my now-husband introduced me to when we were dating. I took the philosophy that if you can't beat 'em (or make them fix stuff) join 'em and we have been gaming together ever since. We have played many of the graphic MMO's such as UO and EQ but didn't find one we really loved until DAoC which we played for over 4 years. We finally left DAoC because it was taking up too much time on those pesky Master Level raids and such.

Simutronics and Hero's Journey is probably the only MMO that could lure us back since we always compared every other graphic MMO to GSIII and found them wanting. We just found out recently that Simutronics is planning their own graphic MMO and everything we have read so far has us pretty excited. It sounds like they are taking many of the best things about their MUD's and trying to put them in HJ. You give me locked treasure boxes to open and I won't be able to resist....omg....must...open...boxes! :P

Hello all!

Im a 30year old guy from Sweden (only one here?), and would consider myself as a gamer.
Ive been around since C=64 (as many of you guys) and later went to the Amiga (gosh, I loved that one) and ended up on PC. Ive played alot of good games on consoles (NES, Sega, PsP1/2) aswell of course but never bought one myself.

Favorite game "memories" are from the first 2 Monkey island adventures, and Grim Fandango. Even though I played alot of good games since then. These stories was very well intergrated and narrated in the games.

Ive tested tons os MMO´s (beta/trials/subscribed) but have been rather unsatisfied with most of them. Mostly because the lack of "story" and good "narration", if that make sence. Non og the MMO´s hade made me really feel its important to do the stuff, the NPC´s tells me to do and even though the game universe id presented with a nice story (usually) you almost never "feel" that ingame.
I did get stuck in Lineage2 for a year tho (for some reason) and are now playing WoW, since european release. And to be honest, Im terrible bored with WoW, and the only reason Im still there is because of the very good friends Ive meet and Im a guildleader (together with my IRL girlfriend).

And now we (me and my GF) are waiting for HJ. And it was with mixed feelings we reseaved the new release dates as we both was looking forward to the 2Q 2006 promise.

Both me and my GF are roleplayers, and looking forward to see how Simutronics will applay the RP in HJ. As all MMO´s ive seen so far did a pretty losy job. On the WoW RP server, it went pretty good at start, but at the end game I hardly see any RP at all (myself included, sadly).

Ive been thinking of applaying to a GM, but (this will probably sound strange) im a bit afraid what would happen if I got the "job". Would I be able to play with my GF and other friends, if im a GM? Am I only applaying to actually get a peek of the game before release?... anyway, Im very interested but will probably wait with application until ive played the game for some time, but you never know ;)
(I would applay as a world builder)

And "Dyngo" is a pretty bad Forum name... I just picked one, as I wasnt planing to stay on these boards. But Ive followed the discussions here for some time and I got stuck (you all seems to be pretty nice, and I like the fact that both offsite GM´s and office(?) GM´s are here as well). So if its possible, I will change my name (or redo my account). As I got the feeling I will stay here for awhile :D

Sorry for making this too long, and probably boring.
But, Hello to you all!

Welcome Dyngo. I belive the un-official term for GM's who work within the Simutronics building is 'on-site'. That's what I use anyways. However, welcome to the forums! You mentioned you don't plan on staying, well I hope you do :smiley:. I'd really like to see some more posts from you, as I love anyone from Sweden.

Originally posted by frostydf2@Jun 16 2006, 06:37 AM
Welcome Dyngo. I belive the un-official term for GM's who work within the Simutronics building is 'on-site'. That's what I use anyways. However, welcome to the forums! You mentioned you don't plan on staying, well I hope you do :smiley:. I'd really like to see some more posts from you, as I love anyone from Sweden.
Hehe..
Dont worry

I will stay, the discussions heres to interesting to miss out.
:D

And so the europeans begin to take over... that's three of us here now.

Now thrice to mine and thrice to thine and thrice again to make up nine....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back