Irreconcilable Differences

Well, everyone, this is it. I want you to know that i loved writing this and im so glad you read it :smiley: There is nothing coming after it :( but thanks.
Love C
xoxo

Chapter 29
Sydney sighed as she woke up on Monday morning…Valentines Day, she just sat there with her head in her pillow and waited until Michael would walk in and say ‘hey, it’s time to go’.
“Mom?” Jessica poked her head into the room.
“Oh, Jess, hey” Sydney smiled.
“You ok?” Jessica asked her.
“Yeah, fine. Why wouldn’t I be?” Sydney smiled.
“I don’t know, you just seemed out of it at dinner last night” Jessica told her.
“Things are fine Jess, don’t worry about it. Just go be ready for your dad to drive you to school” Sydney told her.
“I will, um…you know I’m not coming home after school right?” Jessica asked.
“Yes, I know, you and Nick are going out. Your brother and sister are staying here, I’m going back to the house” Sydney sighed sadly.
“Mom, things are going to be fine” Jessica tried to bolster her spirits without giving away her father’s surprise.

“Sweetheart, just go to school” Sydney smiled and shooed her daughter out of the room.
“Hey Syd, how you feeling?” Michael smiled as he walked in the door an hour later.
“Good” Sydney smiled and sat up in the bed. “Yourself?”
“I’m feeling fine. I just thought I’d let you know that I have a lunch meeting. So I’m going to have to drop you off a little earlier than originally planned. Is that ok?” Michael asked her.
“Yeah, it’s fine” Sydney smiled again, trying to hide her obvious disappointment.
“Ok, well, how about we get you some breakfast?” Vaughn smiled.
“Yeah, sure” Sydney nodded.
“Ok, come on” Vaughn offered her his hand which Sydney took, begrudgingly.
“Thanks” Sydney nodded when he helped her to the couch, she could almost walk on her own.
“No problem” Vaughn smiled and passed her a bowl of cheerio’s and a glass of orange juice.
“End of the box?” Sydney smiled.
“Why do you say that?” Vaughn smirked.
“Because, the only time you ever give me cereal is when the kids have finished all but the last bowl and you don’t want it around” Sydney laughed.
“You caught me” Vaughn smiled and kissed her gently, “happy valentines day”
“You too” Sydney smiled and then began eating her cereal.
“So, dinner at 7:30?” Vaughn smiled.
“Sounds great” Sydney nodded, “what about the kids?”
“They are taken care of” Vaughn told her, “no worries”
“Alright” Sydney smiled.
“Ok, I hate to do this. I have that meeting, so can we get going?”
“Yeah, sure” Sydney nodded and her heart sunk lower into the ground…if that was possible.
“Ok, come on” Vaughn handed her the cane she had gotten and grabbed her bags before walking to the elevator, down the elevator and out to the car in silence.
Sydney sighed and then felt her cell phone vibrate in her purse.
“Hello?” she answered it quickly.
“Syd, hey, it’s Jaryd” the voice told her.
“Oh, hey, what’s up you? Long time no talk” Sydney smiled, noting the curious expression on Vaughn’s face.
“Well, I just wanted to see if you wanted to grab some lunch?” Jaryd asked her.
“Today?” Sydney winced.
“No, I have girlfriend stuff today Syd. I was thinking tomorrow” Jaryd told her.
“Sounds great, pick me up at 11:30?” Sydney smiled and watched Vaughn’s eyebrow wrinkle as he became more and more curious as to whom Sydney was speaking with.
“Still cant drive?”
“Not even close baby” Sydney laughed. “Jaryd, I’m just getting home. I’ll see you tomorrow?”
“Yeah, Bye” Jordyn hung his phone up.
“Who was that?” Vaughn asked as he stopped the car outside of Sydney’s house.
“Jaryd” Sydney told him.
“Jaryd…?” Vaughn looked at her.
“From high school” Sydney told him.
“JARYD FROM HIGH SCHOOL?” Vaughn shouted.
Sydney just nodded.
“When the hell did you start talking to him again?” Vaughn asked her.
“About a year ago, he was in town, we met up at a restaurant, we’ve spoken a few times since. Only when he’s in town” Sydney explained.
“Oh, I see” Vaughn nodded.
“Jealous are we?” Sydney asked him bluntly.
“What would make you think that?” Vaughn looked at her.
“You hate Jaryd” Sydney smirked.
“What difference does that make?” Vaughn asked.
“Well, Jaryd is the reason we never got together in high school…” Sydney smiled.
“I know he is” Vaughn nodded.
“Ok, nevermind then. We’re just going out to lunch tomorrow” Sydney told him.
“Tomorrow?” Vaughn looked at her.
“Yes, tomorrow” Sydney told him. “Why?”
“We were supposed to go to lunch tomorrow” Vaughn sighed sadly.
“Oh, we were…I forgot. I’m sorry. Can we reschedule?” Sydney smiled innocently.
“Yeah, whatever” Vaughn grumbled.
“Thank’s Vaughn” Sydney smiled and Vaughn helped her out of the car.
“Should I just help you upstairs?” Vaughn asked as he walked directly past the living room, the fireplace.
“Sure” Sydney nodded and was carried up to her bedroom, Vaughn creaked the door open.
“MICHAEL” Sydney gasped as she saw vanilla scented candles and rose pedals adorning the room, there were chocolate covered strawberries and “Amazed” by Lonestar humming softly in the background.
“I love you Sydney” Vaughn smiled.
“I love you too” Sydney smiled back.

Chapter 30
“Michael” Sydney murmured as she felt Vaughn’s hands snake their way around his waist and settle, fiddling gently with the bottom of her t-shirt.
“I’ve missed you so much Sydney” Vaughn whispered as he kissed her neck gently.
“I’ve missed you too” Sydney smiled as she cupped Vaughn’s face gently, looking deeply into his green eyes, her heart skipped a beat.

Every time our eyes meet
This feeling inside me
Is almost more than I can take
Baby when you touch me
I can feel how much you love me
And it just blows me away

“Happy Valentines Day” Vaughn whispered as he continued to kiss her neck gently, his hands holding her hips firmly against him.

“Thank you” Sydney smiled as tears filled her eyes, she felt Vaughn back her up, her knees hitting the bed and she just sat down with her hands on his chest, looking at him, taking it all in.

Her fingers made their way to the top of his tie, her delicate fingers loosening it and tossing it to the side, she found the buttons, un hooking them one at a time, sliding his shirt off his shoulders and just staring at him, his toned abs were just like she had remembered, she ran her hand up and felt herself shiver at the familiarity of his skin against hers, it was old…but it felt new.

I've never been this close to anyone or anything
I can hear your thoughts
I can see your dreams

“Sydney” Vaughn smiled as he sat down beside her on the bed, his hand caressing her cheek, his lips placing gentle kisses on every inch of available skin.

“Don’t talk” Sydney whispered as her lips met his again, their mouths meeting in a passionate duel, a mix of the lust they had both felt in the recent weeks and months, as well as longing from having not felt each other like this in nearly 2 years.

I don't know how you do what you do
I'm so in love with you, it just keeps getting better
I wanna spend the rest of my life with you by my side

Vaughn ran his fingers up her side, shivers went up her spine at his touch and she just smiled, gentle tears falling from her cheeks.

She had been waiting so long for this.

-They had been waiting so long for this.

Too long.

“Sydney, promise me something” Vaughn whispered as he pulled her shirt over her head and placed a chaste kiss on her collarbone.

“Anything” Sydney told him.

Forever and ever
Every little thing that you do
Baby I'm amazed by you

“Promise me you’re never going to leave me” Vaughn looked at her, his face was vulnerable like it always had been when he wanted to hear something perfect.

“I promise you, we are going to be together forever” Sydney told him as she kissed him again.

“I love you” Vaughn smiled as he laid down gently on the bed with Sydney on top of him.

“I love you too” Sydney smiled as she kissed him passionately.

The smell of your skin
The taste of your kiss
The way you whisper in the dark
Your hair all around me, baby you surround me
You touch every place in my heart
Oh, it feels like the first time every time
I wanna spent the whole night in your eyes

“Michael” Sydney groaned as she felt herself collapse above him.

“Sydney” Vaughn smiled and kept his arms wrapped around her.

“Was it worth it?” Sydney smiled at him.

“Was what worth it?” Vaughn looked at her with confusion.

“The wait” Sydney stated.

I don't know how you do what you do
I'm so in love with you, it just keeps getting better
Forever and ever
Baby I'm amazed by you

“I’d wait forever” Vaughn smiled and kissed her again.

“Me too” Sydney smiled, tears were still in her eyes, several had fallen and begun the path down her cheeks.

“Baby, don’t cry” Vaughn whispered before kissing all of her tears away.

“I’m just happy” Sydney smiled.

“I know, but don’t cry” Vaughn told her as he pressed his forehead against hers.

I'm so in love with you
It just keeps getting better
Forever and ever

Sydney just smiled, her tears continued to fall gently and Michael continued to kiss them away with sweet, gentle kisses that she felt linger on her glowing skin.

“I need another favour” Vaughn told her.

“What’s that?” Sydney asked him.

“Marry me?” Vaughn smiled.

“I have an idea about that” Sydney smiled.

“And what is that?” Vaughn looked at her.

“We were never really apart. We just took a break” Sydney smiled.

“Sounds like a plan to me” Vaughn kissed her again.

Oh, every little thing that you do
Baby I'm amazed by you

Epilogue

It’s easy to look back on all of the things in life and pick out your mistakes; but it’s even harder to pick out the things you did right.

If Sydney actually thought of all the mistakes in her life, it was so easy to figure out where things had gone wrong, but the things she did right were so much harder to understand.

All but one thing.

Marrying Michael was the best thing to ever happen to her, either the first or the second time.

They shared 3 beautiful children.

Four beautiful grandchildren.

The second they said I Do for the second time, Sydney knew it was for real, it was a feeling that time would never be able to take away because when they danced, they made their own music, they danced their own rhythm, they were each other’s hearts, they were each other’s soul.

Sydney remembered the feeling of tears running down her cheeks when she watched her husband hand their daughter off to another man, Nick and Jessica had seem their up’s and downs since they had first started dating, but Sydney saw herself and Michael in them. As many times as they fought and as many times as they cried or screamed, the love they felt was magnetic and it always brought them back to where they belonged, back home, back to each other.

Sydney realized that some of the greatest moments in her life were the ones that she didn’t know were happening, as much as she loved to plan what happened, when it was happening, the greatest things that happened were sporadic.

I mean…no one in their right mind would ask for a roof to fall on their heads, right?

But that is what brought her family back together.

That is what finally put the pieces of the puzzle back together.

There would never be another Irreconcilable Difference.

Fin

stealthy
syd_vaughn 4ver
texasalias2004
Ms.MichaelVaughn
Alias_Rocks_87
vaughnsgurl4lf
IwantRome
trinity_gc
~VartansGirl~
LaurenRachael
KAliasGirl
deranged_girl
alwazabrat
aliasdancer007
helpleessromantic
rileylovesalias
wanttobew/mv
dsracing99
hannahb
Sydney Bristow 2300844
Vaughnlover15
gucci_94
broe4ever929
SydneyVaughn47
Jen-Jen
secret_agent_angel
Nancy O
blue_bird
superspy
fire*N*ice
emmy_D
sparklingrainbow
berry_kyoote_spy88
msu_ruby
sabbiee_co
mightylittleone
aliasmaniac7723
Meggy
Sydneyt
batman
mrs.marshal030791
tunita
lizababy
Aliasmaniac7723
sydneymicheal
LaQuetha
ubielecki
Brinne
Truth Takes Time 2.18
Maddy28
Kromrell
Tamminann
Sydney_alias_vaughn
LittleNicky
sydneyv22
emotionalrescue
gregstar

OMGOSH THAT WAS SOOO GOOD 👍
you deserve these :eek:scar: :eek:scar:

i loved the surprise that was sooooo sweet :2love:

absoluty great ending :D

im sooo sad its over though (n)

AWW the end (n)

But it was a happy ending.

So that makes Lauren(ME NOT L. REED!) happy!

I think I'm going to die a fluff-induced death. I swear. After last night and this... :thud:

Too bad its the end.

Thanks for the PM,

xo laur :Prop:

C! you know i love it
and you know the part about the 'taking a break' thing made me cry uncontrolibly
awesome job girl :hug:

tis story was absolutely BRILIANT , i love all of it , you are a a great writer (y) (y) (y) (y) (y) (y) :D :D :D :D :D :D ,

thanks for all the pm´s ,

Nanda

PS: if you write another story could you pm please :angelic: :angelic: :angelic: :angelic:

Superb

Absolutely superb

No other praise can I give you. this was superb

Congratulations on such a wonderful fic. you have a real gift, and thank you for letting me share in it!

Carolyn, thank you for the beautiful story. I am so sad that it is over. Please let me know when you have a new fic...I know you will! You can't stop writing...Thanks!

Back