Is Alias your only friend?

Okay, here's the deal. About two weeks ago the girl that I thought was my best-friend totally went off on me. She told me she wouldn't mind if I killed myself (infact she reccomended it), and that she'd never liked me... a ton of awful things. I had a ton of other friends, and I had started to make new ones this year, but it seems like everyone has a BEST friend other than me, so they'll only call me if their other plans fall through, or their best friend's grounded etc. They're also all good at something, so they're always busy with sports or dance or something. I'm not. Then last night I was going to have three girls over to go to the mall and sleep over. Girl #1 couldn't because she had to babysit. Girl #2 said she could, but then never showed up, and didn't return my innumerable messages. Girl #3, who I think really would've loved to come if she was allowed to, was grounded. See my life's sucking right now. I was going to have a few people over for an "alias party" tomorrow... and now only one person's coming and I really think it's out of pitty for me. My dad's been gone in China all week for business, but I don't think that matters because he likes my sister better anyway. My mom's always at my sisters sports... but I'm not the best at any sport I do. I used to think of myself as a runner, but I never win anything. I can't even qualify for the larger meets. My sister holds the school reccord for the hurdles, and my other sister's just an all around athlete. Soccer, track, tennis, and she's and insaine musician. On top of it all my sisters even like each other better than they like me. My life's awful, and the only thing I have is Alias... isn't that pathetic? It's driving me crazy. I don't know why my life's falling apart. I'm fairly tall, and muscular. I'm not the least bit fat, and I dress fine (AE, Abercrombie, Polo etc.) The one thing I can think of is that I'm depressed. I used to think of myself as a friendly person but now the only thing I have left in my life is a T.V. show, at least it's a good one. Right? Respond... either if you're feeling the same way or have before! :depressed:

anyone can make a summary of this?
cabbage.gif

Need a hug?? :console: It's gonna be okay. Actually, I wouldn't worry about any of it. I know, in the teenage years, that's really hard to do, but you sound like a neat person and if someone doesn't like you? Eff 'em, because you didn't need them anyway.

That best friend who told you all those horrible things sounds like SHE is the one with serious problems, as in she needs to see a therapist stat. You just don't say things like that, off-hand to people you conisdered friends. Maybe something is really wrong with her life; I'm sure, though, that what she said probably has nothing to do with you.

As for being good at sport... Not everyone is. You can be good at other things, you just have to try stuff out. Just because your sisters are great runners and football players doesn't mean anything... You don't have to be like them to gain parental approval. Find something you really enjoy like writing or painting or volunteering-- in fact I highly reccommend the last one. Someday you'll find your niche and all will be well.

Like my mom used to say: this to, will pass.

let the not so good things happen in life now, so you can appreciate that better days to come and there weil be, it sounds like you just had a bad day, filled with bad events, all you can do is smile back because you know no matter how things are they can only be better tomorrow

i know exactly how you feel, my sister is a better athlete then me and a better student (even though im much smarter, just no work ethic) all i do is sit in the basement all day. my parents give my sister a ton of stuff for her sports and never buy me anything. also i live no where near my friends and they always walk to each others' houses and dont invite me, plus my best friend for 3 years and me dont talk to each other anymore...so ur not alone

omg i felt the same way last year....and when i was juss like Alias is the only thing i got as of right now..... and i was so depressed and my friends did the same things i was never invited to wut they did on the weekends, if i wanted to be invited i was the one that had to make up the plans and most of the time they would fall through cuz of soccer or when i did get invited i was too busy for the "hang outs"...and so i kinda isolated myself from everyone and they noticed and they got so mad at me for it and it juss made things worse ...i knew they were jokin bout how im so obssesed with Alias and how its like my life and i laffed a few times but after that it kinda hurt.....so yeah you not a alone hun and i hope it gets better for ya....b/c it did for me....

hi! i don't think that i can give you any better advice than to just say, you have to try to be positive about life. try to find something new to concentrate on, a new hobby, everyone is good at something, you just have to find your thing! and when you do, you''ll probably get in touch with people who like the same thing/things as you do. there's always someone who needs a friend, i just hope you'll find someone! :console:
almost everyone goes through crises in their life, this just happens to be yours... good luck finding luck again! 🎈
hugs from me!
//pii :hi:

Hey guys... Thanks! Sorry, I don't know why I posted that, bad day I guess! Anyways, it makes my life sound wicked bad! I think I captured everything bad in my life in that one paragraph. So I apologize if you have really important issues in your life, and you spent time dealing with my minor ones. THANK YOU though! Last night I went to the movies with some of my friends,and some of my pals are coming over for the finale tonight! Sorry again! I'm just thankful that I DO have the show, and that it is SO AMAZING!

:popcorn: :love: :wtf: :ermm: :tvhappy: = Me Tonight

awww *hug* :kissme: i really hope you are feeling better soon. as dita said this is surely just a bit of a lull you are going through - things will pick up. being a teenager sucks - thats just it - you have things to take ur mind of it right - alias and aa etc - so when you are feeling down just focus all ur energies on doing things that make you happy and take ur mind of the things that are upssetting you. positive people win in the end. ;) :smiley:

speaking from experience - i was in an accident last year - i have been off work almost a year now and still have a metal cage on my still broken leg (sorry to bore you guys who know all this) but i started my involvement in AllAlais and joined the team and then started to learn graphic art using photoshop and now i am learning web design. Rather than let the pain i was in, the 3 1/2 months in hospital or the lonliness i sometimes feel and inability to get out of the house sometimes - i focus on keeping busy, learning new things and doing alias/friends things which keep my smiling all the time. :smiley: :smiley:

i hope ur alias party is fantastic tonight!!!!! :smiley: have lots of fun and stay postitive!!!!!!! :smiley:

It's ok, everyone has a bad day and just needs to vent. I went through a period where it felt like Alias was all i had last year as well. Some of my friends were dealing with their depression and issues. And I would hang out in this group where I hated this one girl, and she had never liked me either, but for some reason, she came into MY group, and her and my 2 other friends would be doing things together, and i couldnt go because it was too late notice or whatever for my parents. i lost one of my closest friends that year...we still talk, but it's not the same. especially since we all went to different schools. i didn't want to burden some of my friends tho, because one kept saying she wanted to die and be hit by a car, another was cutting, another was on meds for his depression...so, yeah...i felt like i had no one to turn to to for help, for counsel, for advice. so, i turned to AA and alias, and pretended like everything was alright, like i was pissed off at the world, like i wasn't crying over my ex, who i dont think i'll ever completely be over (dont ask). like i wasnt lonely and felt like an outcast, even at home. my father preferred my brothers over me. he'd take them to the movies, but not me. he'd buy things for them, and not me. and then, he said some awful things to me on the way to school. i was breaking down, and sobbing and no one at school even noticed. that's what hurt. that when one friend was a bit concerned, she let go of it when another friend told her it was nothing. i would feel so lonely in a group of friends just gossiping and whatever. i just wanted to be off by myself. anyways, i turned to alias. it gave me something to focus on. something to fill my life with. and it did. but it was to excess. anyways, so, i'm glad you're feeling better and stuff...

[EDIT] Oh, and did i forget to mention that that year was part of the year and a half or so when my parents were constantly fighting...and getting me in the middle of things? or that this girl spread it around that i was stuck up and a snob? Goddess, middle school really changed me. No longer do I speak to my parents. It's mostly, "how was your day?" and "fine." or "pass the butter." They try now, but it's just too damn late. After all the felgercarb they put me through, f*** no am i talking to either one. I tried talking to them, but they couldn't be bothered. So now, it's just too bad. now that my dad is home more, and i autually see him awake, who cares? And that girl who spread stuff around about me, has made me stronger I suppose, as now i'm just sort of like, f*** it. you want to say something to me, say it to my face. f***, who cares what the hell they say about me. anyways, last year wasnt all bad, there were some fun times. and now, i'm better i suppose...my parents dont fight as much. they try to talk to me, like i said above. and my friends arent as bad with their issues and stuff. but i'm still pissed and sad...i went through this whole 3 week period where i was just like, "f*** it. f*** everything. i'm a loser, and i'm not going anywhere." but other than that, i'm better than last year i suppose.

life gets better. ;)

at times i get SO annoyed with my best friend, it seems like she is 8 years old and is hyperactive ALL the time when she is 14, i mean she gets on my nerves and i want to strangle her half the time. What gets me mad is that she keeps on saying i'm a prep/jock or close enough to one, which annoys me. then she just acts like she's 7 and tells me to tone it down a little, but sometimes i have to resist the temptation to telling her that everyone thinks she's annoying and that she acts like a little kid all the time.

There's a time in everyone's life where it feels like you don't have too many friends you'll get through it. :smiley:

Don't worry too much. ;) i'm tellin you life is so much better once you leave school. as soon as you get into the real world you realise that school is nothing more than a wank stain on your life that you can get over quite easily. i know its hard now, i went through the same sort of felgercarb, but i'm absolutely fine now and probably the better for it. as for Alias being your only friend or whatever, it really doesn't matter. it gives you something to focus on and you have something that soothes you, make you laugh, make you happy, or make you sad, no matter what like a friend does, and some people don't have that in their lives. ^_^

garnergarnish said:
Don't worry too much. ;) i'm tellin you life is so much better once you leave school. as soon as you get into the real world you realise that school is nothing more than a wank stain on your life that you can get over quite easily. i know its hard now, i went through the same sort of felgercarb, but i'm absolutely fine now and probably the better for it. as for Alias being your only friend or whatever, it really doesn't matter. it gives you something to focus on and you have something that soothes you, make you laugh, make you happy, or make you sad, no matter what like a friend does, and some people don't have that in their lives. ^_^
I second that.

Highschool is this annoying period of life that you have to suffer before you enter the real world. Highschool is like the giftwrapping of a present - it looks all pretty and exciting at first but then its get tiresome and you just want to know what the present is. I don't know if that analogy worked but it sounded ok in my head. Everyone goes through the hardships you're experiencing now and if it you look at it one way, you can gain so much from this learning curve and hopefully become a better person because of it. You're still young, you still have much to look forward too, don't let this dampen your spirits.

For me, Alias is an escape from everything. For that one hour every week its just me and Alias and while it may not be my only friend, we have this friendship where it entertains, enlightens and soothes me. Oh gosh, I'm making Alias sound like a real person :lol: Maybe it is my only friend or maybe I'm delusional :blink:

You may feel alone, but you're not. Look at the people who have responded to your topic. ^_^

i get what ur saying i'm a newbie in college..i have no friends there at all...my so-called best friend dumped me on spring break to go with her b/f...she doesn't return my calls or writes me a freakin e-mail anymore...writing screenplays and watching alias is my outlit...my other friends our married or have kids...sooo i'm stuck in a hard place right now

Back