Season 4 It's Baaaack

sennik

Cadet
Me and some friends of mine tune in each Wednesday night to watch Alias. We've watched the first 3 seasons on DVD, and we've been hooked. The plot twists, the character development, and the cliffhanger endings (which we call "kiss my bum" endings) have kept us coming back. And this season... well, nothing.

Self-contained stories, no real over reaching arc, and no "kiss my bum" endings. We've been a little disappointed. The return of Anna Espinoza and Sark for a couple episodes was cool. Some secret pact between Jack Bristow and Sloane has added some intrigue, but we've been left a little cold this season.

But after Pandora, the character development, the slow building, it's paid off. That last scene where there's some other guy sitting there being called Mr. Sloane, and we all were like, "what the f*ck?" Jacks got some mutation because of his pulling a Spock in the reactor core, Vaughn and Sydney both believe Sloane is evil, but is it really Sloane or the "other" Sloane? A question I posed tonight: which Sloane is the real Sloane? Is the one we've seen for 4 years the fake one?

The twists and turns of Alias are coming back, and they're actually meaningful now because, well, we've gotten some character development for the past 14 episodes. I think we're on one heck of a ride now to the season finale.

The Alias we knew and loved is back, and I can't wait to see where we go from here. I'm giving a big (y) right now.

I keep telling everyone to keep in mind that the show has been a bit dumbed down for the sake of getting new viewers and because of all of the complaints from last year. I think they're slowly working their way towards the plot twists and confusing storylines of past seasons. Just be patient.

i loved that too.

a ending that isn't one, but more a begining to a new story and lots of lies, betrayal and so on.

and of course the picking up of past things, but giving them strange twist.

I have enjoyed every episode so far ... minus the 2 I didn't see yet ... but I can definitely say that this season has been awesome ... with the "self-contained" episodes ... with the story-arcs coming from one eppy to the other ... and as mentioned ... the climaxx is building up ... the season finaleis not that far away ... but I can't wait to see all that will happen next ... :woot:

Yeah, I love when Alias has the same story episode to episode. I think thats what makes the show soooo great. What's with 2 Sloanes? I don't think I can handle that.

cdd91 said:
Yeah, I love when Alias has the same story episode to episode. I think thats what makes the show soooo great. What's with 2 Sloanes? I don't think I can handle that.
[post="1302181"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

I don't think ANY of us can handle "Another Mr. Sloane" ... :thud:

When ALIAS = confusing = WTF endings = unanswered questions = GOOD OL DAYS!

I'm almost positive that "Tuesday", "Nightingale" and "Pandora" have made up for all of Season Four.......and most of Season 3.

Alias_Gay said:
I don't think ANY of us can handle "Another Mr. Sloane" ... :thud:
[post="1302219"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​
But . . . it's Joel Grey! :lol:

sennik said:
Vaughn and Sydney both believe Sloane is evil, but is it really Sloane or the "other" Sloane? A question I posed tonight: which Sloane is the real Sloane? Is the one we've seen for 4 years the fake one?
i never thought of that. IDENTIY THEFT! ok, we'll add that to Sloane's long list of felonies :D

sennik said:
A question I posed tonight: which Sloane is the real Sloane? Is the one we've seen for 4 years the fake one?
[post="1300986"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

Now that is a good question, even if it does smack of the Simpsons episode with the 2 Seymour Skinners. Wouldn't put it past the Sloane we know though . . .

I think I'll be a bit disappointed if the new Mr. Sloane turns out to be his brother or cousin or something.

sennik said:
A question I posed tonight: which Sloane is the real Sloane? Is the one we've seen for 4 years the fake one?
[post="1300986"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

You know I was thinking that too. Wouldn't that just be sooo... I don't know... Anyway, the answer I came up with is that most of what we hold Sloane accountable for is stuff that we pretty much know he did -I mean it couldn't have been someone else running SD-6 'cause we saw him every day. Do you know what I mean? Could someone else have ordered Danny dead or have replaced Francie with a double? That is not to say that he could not have been impersonating someone else all this time, but I still think his actions have been his actions - at least until recently that is. Now it is anybody's guess what he is really up to and, aside of the fact that there is now another Sloane, that is really nothing new. :blink:

I think the Sloane we've seen so far is the real one. I don't think the ALIAS writers would go that far.

My mom and I were talking, and we were trying to figure out how long this "Other Sloane" has been in operation.

If he put the hit out on Syd back in the beginning of the season, then he's probably been active since late, late, last season. Maybe even pre-season 4. The summer between seasons 3 and 4.

How much has this guy really done?

I just posed the "which Sloane is the real Sloane" question as pure speculation. After thinking about it, yes, it would be one heck of a twist, but I don't think they'll go that far. Someone's out to frame old Mr. Sloane, and this looks like part of that. But Katya also said that Irina felt she was being set up as well (with it looking like she wanted Sydney dead). So there's obviously another "big bad" (to borrow an old Buffy/Angel term) behind the scenes. What are they after? That's the big question. What do Irina and Sloane have in common? Rambaldi, and... Nadia. I think whatever is going on it's going to involve someone wanting to get their hands on Nadia. So, who wants to run a pool about how long until Nadia finds out who *really* killed her mom? Nadia snaps, and just like Anakin Skywalker goes to the dark side. Darth Nadia. Bwahahaha. Just kidding, but I do think that subplot is going to come up and Nadia is going to go after Jack, which brings Sydney into conflict against Nadia. Remember:

<o>

Maybe Jack is what the two sisters fight over? Ah, I love Alias. :D

I wouldn't be surprised if the two "Mr. Sloanes" were working together. Who ever this new "Mr. Sloane" is he seems to be interested in the same things (Rambaldi, etc) as Arvin Sloane. If the new "Mr. Sloane" is not working with Arvin, he would have to be working with someone to get the info on MV to use against him.

Back