Season 4 Jack and Sloane

jems

michael's widow in mourning
so we have the ever good jack working with the ever evil sloane - but what are they doing and are they being good or bad. or do they just even each other out and become somewher in between good and evil. :P

We knpw they have the disc now - the index so to speak - but why do they want it? who do they need to balckmail??

another thing - is sark some way part of their plan since jack was involved in getting him out and sark seemed to know something was "begun".

just thought I would staret a topic so we can brainstorm about potential spy dad action!!! :smiley:

First of all, I do not believe that Jack is evil at all. If he's blackmailing someone, there's a reason for it and I'm sure that it involves The Pact (which I'm sure centers around Syd and Nadia).

Second, we don't even know for sure that Sloane and Jack want to blackmail someone. They just needed information on the disc. That could be for a whole host of reasons. Maybe it says that someone has something they need to get. I don't know, but I'm not ready to believe that they're going to start blackmailing people.

Third, the jury is still out on Sloane and whether or not he's evil. It could be that the writers are trying to trick us into thinking that he's evil only to be proved that he's innocent so that we're totally shocked when he really turns evil. I would not put it past him to double-cross Jack at some point. Last night, I was thinking that it was too early for Sloane to double-cross Jack (and I knew that when we only saw the feet of the man walking into the warehouse that it was Jack). However, Jack should know that there's a potential for Sloane's betrayal. I'm thinking that one of the main reasons Jack agreed to The Pact was that it would allow him to keep a closer eye on Sloane because Sloane would reveal to Jack what his plans are. I think Jack's using his fierce desire to protect Syd as a reason to get close to Sloane and keep an eye on him. I still don't trust that Sloane and I think he'll screw Jack over big time. Just not yet.

I don't know about Sark. He did seem to think something was up, but whose side he's on is debtable. He could be working with Jack and Sloane or maybe just Sloane. (I've heard unconfirmed rumors that he won't be back this season. Does anyone know for sure?)

I don't think Jack is evil. Whatever he is doing is it is to protect Sydney. I don't know if they are blackmailing people. It seemed like they needed some information from the index. Maybe it is related to finding Sentinel. I don't know. I just don't think Jack is a bad guy.

I don't know about Sloane. I don't trust him, and I don't think Jack completely trusts him. From last week's ep, it seems like Sloane is having doubts about Jack fulfulling his part. So it seems they don't really trust each other. This is going to lead to problem, I think. Sloane will probably double cross Jack.

I am just worried about Jack/Syd. I don't want them being driven apart.

I honestly think while they both seem to be working together, they both have their own end game and they both think that working together is the only way to accomplish their individual end games. I don't believe for one moment that Jack and Sloane trust each other but Sloane has/knows something that Jack needs and vice versa. In other words, I don't think their ultimate goal is the same.

spy daddy is NOT EVIL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i refuse to belive it!!!

i think its possible hes doing the same thing he did in SD-6. He knows slone is up to no good so hes pretending to be on sloane's side to watch him but really hes working for the good guys
but yeah it definitely has to do with whatever pact slone and jack made
other than that as usual i have NO IDEA

This is the first season that I've watched on TV. With the other seasons, I already knew spoilers before I watched them so there was nothing too surprising. Now, I have NO IDEA what's going on and it's so fun! So, other than my firm belief that SpyDaddy is not evil, I don't know anything else. I do think that Jack's going to get burned big time by Sloane though. Poor Jack.

Maybe they do need the index to blackmail someone for a legitimate cause. But (butchered quote from last night):

Jack: Does it have what we need?
Sloane: Yes, and so much more . . .

Hmm - sounds like old habits may die hard for Sloane. He may have honorable intentions, but while opportunity knocks but once, temptation just leans on the old doorbell.

Yeah, I wondered about Sloane saying the index had so much more. I don't think Jack is too interested in anything else except what they specifically need. So, temptation may be too much for Sloane.

I am definitely thinking this eppy and the whole black index thing ties into the eppy w/Sentinel. Sorry, I am bad at remembering eppy names! :blush: Anyway, I think that is Jack's interest in it, however I am sure Sloane sees endless possibilities! :rolleyes:

I am loving the whole twist of it... the possibilities of evil vs. good... :lol: It was my belief that Jack/Brill/and Bill Vaughn were all in cahoots in protecting Nadia back in the day and possibly even Syd... now I'm starting to think that Sloane might have been involved as well -- (although it wouldn't explain his "whoops" I have a daughter revelation)... So to answer the question -- I would like to believe it's not evil as motivation... :smiley:

I sure hope that Jack isn't evil. But I mean what else can someone that's secretly doing something with Sloane be doing? But then I keep trying to think of possibilities and situations taht are positive. None of them make sense :mellow:

He is working with Sloane to protect Sydney. That is always Jack's main priority. He has shown over the course of 4 seasons, that he would do anything and work with anyone to protect and save his daughter. I don't know exactly what he is protecting her from. Probably the Rambaldi prophecy, but he is looking out for Sydney. Unless JJ wants to ruin the show and assassinate Jack's character by making him evil.

There's no way anyone could seriously believe that Jack isn't at least doing something shady with Sloane.

Honestly, I would have liked if Sloane was really bad (and that he wasn't just doing surveillance), and that he had escaped, and that we had seen how Sydney and the gang would try to hunt him down Season 2-after-SD6-got-destroyed style, or something similar.

Sloane being the evil Rambaldi freak has always been good, IMO.

Jack may be doing something shady with Sloane, it is just that most likely he is doing it to protect his daughter. His endgame isn't greed or power or glory.

Sloane's obsession with Rambaldi will probably resurface.

I agree with almost everyone here, I don´t believe Jack is evil and I do believe Sloane is.
Jack is just doing he´s job ( as was dixon ), keeping an eye on sloane.

First of all Jack and Sloan did do something shady, because they lied about why they were going after the index. They said they were doing this to find out who the others joining the Alliance might be - when what they were doing was going after information that was in the Index.

But I do agree that Jack and Sloan have different adgendas, but for right now them working together is helping both of them. I think the time will come when they will be on opposite sides again.

Don't you remember last season (I believe) when Sloan showed up at the outdoor cafe where Jack was eating. He told Jack that they would be working together again.

I'm beginning to wonder whether "Spy Daddy" Jack is actually in ties with Sloane now. Jack has an edge to him that always keeps you guessing up to the very end. I think Jack and Sloane are looking for something or someone important in relation to Rambaldi. Maybe they are trying to set up their own alliance again. :smiley:

I don't think Jack is trying to set up the Alliance. I truley believe that Jack is doint whatever he is doing to protect his daughter. For some reason he needs to work with Sloane, but I think their agendas will eventually diverge.

At the moment I think they have a common agenda - to keep their daughters alive and protect them from both those who want to stop Rambaldi's prophesy coming true by killing one of them before time and those who would want to help it along.

I think they also have intel that the prophesy may not be complete or may have been translated wrongly (after all there are at least 2 versions of it out there!) or its outcome may be affected by another prophesy or Rambaldi device and they are trying to find the paper or the device before a rival does.This would explain all the talk about timetables. They acquired the Blackwell Index because it had information on someone or something that can help their search.

This doesn't mean that Jack has suddenly turned into a Rambaldi believer (although he might have/always secretly been). It may just mean that he is pragmatic enough to accept that the actions of those who do believe will be based on what Rambaldi said and how it can be interpreted.

Sloane may have another agenda, he usually does - only Time will Tell what it is, if anything!

Back