Kingdom Hospital

Alias_Gay

Ensign
Did anyone happen to watch the first episode for this show?

I thought it was a good start to a season of freakiness that's coming
from the mind of Stephen King ... can't wait till next week ... :woot:

It also did good ratings-wise for ABC ... (y)

The drama premiere was its top-rated among viewers and young adults since the debut of the spy thriller "Alias" nearly 2-1/2 years ago, the network said. Among young women, the show had the struggling broadcaster's best drama debut since September 1999.

The show, based on a Danish miniseries and King's own experiences of being hospitalized after a near-fatal accident, tells the story of a famous artist admitted to a haunted hospital who wakes from a coma with telepathic powers.

It averaged about 15 million viewers in the 9 p.m. hour, best in that time slot, ABC said. In the 10 p.m. hour, the show averaged 13.1 million viewers -- second in that period.

Alias_Gay said:

from the mind of Stephen King ... can't wait till next week ...  :woot:

The drama premiere was its top-rated among viewers and young adults since the debut of the spy thriller "Alias" nearly 2-1/2 years ago, the network said. Among young women, the show had the struggling broadcaster's best drama debut since September 1999.

The show, based on a Danish miniseries and King's own experiences of being hospitalized after a near-fatal accident, tells the story of a famous artist admitted to a haunted hospital who wakes from a coma with telepathic powers.

It averaged about 15 million viewers in the 9 p.m. hour, best in that time slot, ABC said. In the 10 p.m. hour, the show averaged 13.1 million viewers -- second in that period.
Omg, I forgot that was on! :thud: I'm a huge Stephen King fan! Now, I'm mad at myself. :banghead:

Kathy said:
Alias_Gay said:

from the mind of Stephen King ... can't wait till next week ...  :woot:

Omg, I forgot that was on! :thud: I'm a huge Stephen King fan! Now, I'm mad at myself. :banghead:
don't worry ... next week it will be on again, I think for a 10 week run

Wednesday nights on ABC at 10pm ...

Watch It! (y)

Yay! I do get to see the pilot of Kingdom Hospital. There is a gal at work, who also likes Stephen King, and she just happened to tape the show. So, I know what I'm watching tonight! :woot:

It was OK, slow-starting. I'm hoping it'll get creepier as it goes along, but the first ep was mostly for King fans. The artist character is very autobiographical in that his accident was very like what happened to King. It has promise, and there's some definite Ring influence in the cinematography. We'll see.

Moving to Sci Fi/Fantasy . . .
:smiley:

I was sorta dissappointed...I was expecting much more "freak-ish" things to happen but all-in-all it was not bad. I'll still watch it every week.

What is this deal about the anteater?

Here is what we know...

1: Peter painted the anteater, with huge scary teeth. :blink:
2: After Peter was hit by a car, that same anteater from his painting appeared.
3: The anteater showed up at the hospital (along with the little dead ghost girl)
4: Anteater killed that dude who hit Peter. (right in the hospital)
5: The anteater looked at Peter when he woke up, and then the anteater looked at his wife.

Did the anteater said anything about, killing his wife or something? :thinking: I don't remember. :sigh:

I didn't know the first ep aired already! I thought it wasn't going to start for a few more weeks. Damn. It looked freaky... I'd probably have nightmares from it cause I scare easily. Especially anything with a dead little girl...... :shudders:

Oops, I should of used the spoilers.

*Slaps herself*

Stephen King's "Kingdom Hospital" started last Wednesday.

I am yet to see the second episode from Wednesday night ... but since we are talking about it ... just read this on Yahoo! ...

Despite its "Idol" lead-in advantage, Fox's new nutty-family comedy was topped in its time slot by the second half-hour of ABC's "Extreme Makeover" (9.8 million, 4.0/11), which soared from an average of 7.3 million viewers and 2.8/7 in the demo in its first half-hour to 12.3 million, 5.2/14 from 9:30-10 p.m. after "Idol" got out of the way.

At 10 p.m., ABC saw signs of life in what has long been a troubled time period for the network with the second episode of "Kingdom Hospital" (8.5 million, 3.7/10). However, ABC's midseason drama caught a break by going up against a repeat of NBC's "Law & Order" (13.1 million, 4.2/12), which still won the time slot. NBC was also in rerun territory from 8-10 p.m. with encores of "The "Apprentice" and "Law & Order."

Its doing good ... for ABC ... and "Extreme MakeOver" is still a force for ABC ... (y)

Extreme Makeover . . . good lord . . . you'd have to pay me (a lot!) to watch that.
:o_O: (yes, we really need greenface here . . .)

verdantheart said:
Extreme Makeover . . . good lord . . . you'd have to pay me (a lot!) to watch that.
:o_O: (yes, we really need greenface here . . .)
I know ... I haven't watched it ... ever ... :blink:

Saw the 2nd eppy of Kingdom ... good so far ... seems to be going on a good road here ... hopefully it will get creepier ... :blink:

I am a huge fan of Stephen King, I think he is one of the best writers of our time. I don't watch the movies made from his books though because I scare really easily, but I love to read scary books. Go figure. But I really liked the show because it wasn't too scary, but very weird and surreal, like a constant dream.

Did anyone hear that King based this on his own experiences after a car accident?

Last night eppy was great ... but can someone explaine to me ... why "the guy with the blood on his eyes" was singing, and then everybody was singing too? :blink:

that was weird ... :blink:

Alias_Gay said:
Last night eppy was great ... but can someone explaine to me ... why "the guy with the blood on his eyes" was singing, and then everybody was singing too?  :blink:

that was weird ...  :blink:
no idea...i only caught the end of that ep, and was wondering if that's what they did on the first ep? Cuz that one was the first ep i'd ever watched. Can someone tell me what's happening in the show? I tuned in when the doctor was in the hospital room of the little girl and her mother, and the mother was threatening to sue for malpractice and the doctor was saying that the little girl, who used to be a "straight A student" would be able to do household chores, but vacumming would always be beyond her. And then that woman started screaming at the doctor and making vacuum noises...that alone scared me. she looked...unstable.

Alias_Gay said:
Last night eppy was great ... but can someone explaine to me ... why "the guy with the blood on his eyes" was singing, and then everybody was singing too?  :blink:

I agree, the episode was great, and I have no idea why he started to sing (maybe, he was nuts. Oh, I don't know. :blink:smiley: I thought that was weird...that the doctors started to sing...with him, and he looked at them...like they lost their minds. At first, I thought he was dreaming. :blink:

Kathy said:
Alias_Gay said:

I agree, the episode was great, and I have no idea why he started to sing (maybe, he was nuts. Oh, I don't know. :blink:smiley: I thought that was weird...that the doctors started to sing...with him, and he looked at them...like they lost their minds. At first, I thought he was dreaming. :blink:
I was confused at that part too :blink: :lol: .

Andy said:
Kathy said:
Alias_Gay said:

I was confused at that part too :blink: :lol: .
maybe its part of the story ... who knows ... :o_O:

Omg! I knew there was something on! damnit! :thud: I saw the promo last week, and it looked really good, too.

Did anyone watched Kingdom Hospital? What happened? :thinking:

Back