Season 5 Lena Olin is not coming back this season

<maya>

J.J's Muse
"MOM'S AWAY: Alias villainess Lena Olin seems to be taking her role as Jennifer Garner's absentee mom, Irina Derevko, a little too literally. As reported in the new issue of TV Guide magazine, the actress nixed a deal to return this season despite the fact that, as a source close to the negotiations puts it, "every single one of her demands were met by ABC and the producers."

this one really sucks !!! (n) (n)
why does it always have to be about money ... :angry:

it'd be so cool if she had returned. poor Jack :( , they were so cute together (my favorite couple after S/V ;) )
again : it sucks !!!

Very mad me! Oops, i mean I'm very mad. I can't believe she wouldn't come back after having such an amazing role last year. Urrrrr.... (n) :banghead: :cuss: :error: :jawdrop: :madfire: 🇳🇴 👎 :stretcher: :rip: As you can tell, I'm mad.

well sometimes it's really NOT about money ;) LO's family is in New York, she has a 7 year old daughter and leaving to film in LA will be hard. ;)
--Mandy :angelic:

mystery_chick said:
well sometimes it's really NOT about money ;) LO's family is in New York, she has a 7 year old daughter and leaving to film in LA will be hard. ;)
--Mandy :angelic:
yea that's what i heard too...i forgot where though. LO seems like a "all about the fans" type actress so i can't honestly believe she wanted more money. Maybe that's wrong...maybe not, but i don't think it's right :Ph34r:

Yea, but doesn't filming an episode take like 8 to 10 days. For a hundred grand, I'd go out to LA for a week to film an episode to show appreciation to all my fans on the best show in the world....but hey that's just me and I've not been offered a hundred grand for 8-10 days of work. She could at least film one more ep to clear things up...for the fans

Alias_47 said:
Yea, but doesn't filming an episode take like 8 to 10 days. For a hundred grand, I'd go out to LA for a week to film an episode to show appreciation to all my fans on the best show in the world....but hey that's just me and I've not been offered a hundred grand for 8-10 days of work. She could at least film one more ep to clear things up...for the fans
yea i agree...i didn't think she was a actress about the money but about the fans. I thought she brought a lot to the show and in my opinion, her character was the best thing of season 2. I wanted her to come back for at least one ep too but...i guess she's not :(

"After doing everything we possibly could including meeting the agents' requests, Lena ultimately decided it wasn't the right time for her to return to the show," creator/executive producer J.J. Abrams said in a statement released by ABC Friday. Despite Olin's reluctance to return, Abrams said the show is "hopeful that it will work out in the future."

maybe she WILL return after all, even if it's not this season... :thinking:
I share the hope of the show coz' her character is too important n LO is really great in it, so it's just simply inconcievable to get rid of her !!!

+ I wanna say, though I'm a S/V shipper : Jack needs a woman n Irina's the one !!! ;) ;) am I right, or am I right ?!!? ^_^

NOOOOOOOOO! Lena has to come back...if not this season, then she better be back in the season premiere of s4! She was an incredible actress, and I was a huge J/I shipper

VaughnFan13 said:
NOOOOOOOOO! Lena has to come back...if not this season, then she better be back in the season premiere of s4! She was an incredible actress, and I was a huge J/I shipper
same here :( i loved the J/I-ness! She is a great actress and i really hope that she'll make a return at the end of the season or in s4 :Ph34r:

This sucks. Now what are they going to do on the show about Irina? There's now almost no hope for a J/I relationship, unless they do it like before when Jack and Irina were instant messaging, and now Irina and Syd can't fix everything and we can't get any more miscellanious information from her...

:( It was quite disappointing to find out that Lena Olin isn't coming back the entire season. After a stunning performance in season 2 where she truly deserved to have won an Emmy, Lena should have really stayed in the series. I heard she left to have a more active movie career which I think sucks because she gets more exposure with Alias than any movie. :angry: Season two was as good as it was because of her and there are so many things that were left hanging between her and Jack and Sydney. Somehow, I feel that her character is the soul of the series because more than Sloane, Irina has the most secrets and it would be really difficult to shed light to all the issues she left unanswered without her in the flesh. I say BRING HER BACK!!! :confused:

Back