thank god they are ok
that was cute. i hope that all goes well for them
lol gracie

thanks for the pm

thank god they are ok
that was cute. i hope that all goes well for them
lol gracie

thanks for the pm

I know that Sydney feels bad about the accident, but isn't it a little too much to offer to take care of someone that you don't even know. haha

texasalias

I noticed how Syd didn't answer Micheal's
question about where she worked. What
does Syd do for a living? Glad to see Micheal
awake.
Can't wait for more.
Thanks for the pm.

I'm glad he wasn't angry with her!!
-And YA she's going to be helping him!!! :woot:
Can't wait for more!! Thanks for the pm!!

hmm i also wonder what syd does for a living...anyways, it's nice that she's helping him! can't wait to see where this goes! thanks for the PM! =]

Sydney you didn't have to offer. Michael's insurance and yours will be paying for all his medical needs, and care. In fact, I'd say your lawyer would greatly discourage you from offering.

Thanks for the PM.

Chris

“What do you work as?”

“I’m a teacher here in New York.” Michael answered, “What about you?”

Sydney swallowed, trying to think of what to say now. Fortunately the doctor came in that very moment, saving her.

What is Syd hiding :thinking: Is it something bad? I mean, is Sydney a spy in this fic or ... oh no... a whore? please not :angelic: I dunno why I had this on my mind... I just did...

:P urgh... great update! And even though I'd never watch over a guy that I'd just run into, but this is a fic... and Syd simply HAS TO take care of Vaughn :lol: :rolleyes: tsk!

So many questions guys... :devil: We'll see in time

As for those who mentioned the fact that in RL insurance and all would take care of Michael's care, I agree on that and I'm pretty sure Mary would too :P ...I wouldn't propose this to a guy I don't know...But hey we needed a story to tell... :D

can i be kept on the PM please? i love this story.

yay, she's going to take care of him. thanks good. at least she is sorry for what she did.

uh, i hope she doesnt do something icky for a job. because she was evasive when he asked her what she did. i hope that she is okay. maybe she's like a convict or something!! LOL (just kidding, kinda, anyway)

hope i get another PM soon

thanks

~*~ kara ~*~

So...It's time to update :D

Chapter 3

The sunlight streamed in from the window, hitting the unmoving shape on the bed. Michael slowly came around and opened his eyes, rubbing his face with his right hand. He sighed as he felt both his leg and arm throb. The pain was not too bad, thanks to the painkillers, but it was still there.

He used his good hand to push the button to call the nurse. As she came, he explained and she finally gave him a new dose of painkillers since he hadn't had any since the night before. Soon the pain was gone and he finally relaxed, pushing the bed with the help of the remote into a sitting position.

Michael sat up and looked around. The room was empty; there wasn't even a vase of flowers or anything. But since he didn't know anyone, he guessed it was pretty normal and he also hadn't really tried to make new friends. He smiled as he thought of the woman...Sydney Bristow...she really seemed like a nice woman and he hoped they could become friends.

Trying to get the cup of water, which was on the nightstand next to his bed, he cursed as he banged his left arm against the barrier of the bed. The pain shot through his arm but quickly lessened. 'Great I can't even get water by myself' he thought warily. As much as he didn't want to disrupt her life, it was obvious that he was going to need Sydney's help.

He spent most of his morning watching TV until he saw his doctor come into the room.

“Mr. Vaughn.” The doctor said as he came into the room. “How are you?”

“Good. Thank you.” Michael smiled, “The pain in my head is gone...My arm and leg itch under the cast sometimes. Aside from that, everything is good.”

“Well...That's pretty normal. Unfortunately I can't do anything for that.” The doctor answered before adding, “I prepared all the papers you will need to leave. You and... Miss Bristow” He said after reading his chart, “ Will need to sign them and then you will be free to go.”

“Thank you.” Michael answered smiling.

“I'll see you when she arrives.” The doctor said before leaving.

Michael spent the rest of the time before Sydney came resting, watching TV or watching through the window and thinking. It was a few minutes before 11 am when he heard someone knock on the door of his room.

“Come in.” He called and smiled as he saw it was Sydney Bristow.

“Hi.” She said quietly and walked towards him, “How are you?”

“Good.” He answered lightly, “Arm and leg still broken but I bless whoever invented painkillers.”

Sydney laughed as she heard his comment. His sense of humor seemed intact despite the accident.

“Yeah...I understand that.” She smiled at him.

Michael noticed that when she smiled, it lightened her whole face and he found himself smiling even more. After watching her a few seconds, he saw that she looked tired and weary.

“Are you okay?” He asked, slightly concerned.

Her eyes widened like a deer caught in the headlights, and she quickly asked, “Why?”

“I don't know...you seem tired.” Michael answered, startled by her reaction.

“Oh,” Sydney answered, for a moment unsure of what to answer, “I just worked a night shift. I...” She was saved from saying more by the doctor's entrance into the room.

He was carrying papers in his hand. Stopping next to them, he handed papers to both of them.

“Since I already saw Miss Bristow, I explained her everything she needs to know for the next few weeks. Once those are signed, leave them at the nurse station and you will be free to go.” The doctor said.

He showed them where to sign and left them after a few more indications on what would need to be done in the next few weeks.

They both filled in the necessary papers and let them at the nurses' station. Sydney pushed him in the wheelchair toward her car, silence settling between them. She didn't know what she could say to him. They didn't know each other so what could they talk about?

Sydney managed to get him to the parking garage of the hospital without bumping into anything. She drove him to her car quickly, noticing that every now and then he would steal a glance over his shoulder. He would look at her a few seconds and turn his head away when she saw him. It made her smile to see him act like that.

As she neared her old car she said: “Here we are. That's mine.“ while pointing at it. She saw him stare at it in an odd way. “I know it's old, but it's still pretty decent and working.”

“No. Don't worry. I was just surprised, I haven't seen a model like that in long time...” He trailed off quietly, so quietly she almost didn't hear him.

“Ok. Now the problem is gonna be how to get you in it so you'll be comfortable during the drive.” She scratched her head as she said this.

After a few minutes and a few unsuccessful tries, she managed to get him in the backseat with his help. Michael breathed deeply as he finally sat against the door on the driver side, his broken leg along the whole backseat.

“Are you okay?” Sydney asked.

“Yeah,” He answered slowly, “It just hurts a little.”

He saw that she had one of her knees on the seat and was leaning toward him. Shaking his head he thanked her.

Sydney closed the door and made her way around the car, sitting in the driver seat. She got her car out of its parking place and flexed her right hand a few times as she saw it tense and tremble slightly. Sydney saw Michael looking at her in the rearview mirror and smiled at him “It's nothing. Just a cramp.”

He relaxed in the backseat and indicated her the direction of his house as she drove.

TBC

You know how it works, please review ^_^

PM list

PointguysGirl
syd26
SpygirlAmy
grassyass
vaughnshoney
sabbiee_co
sparklingrainbow
dandan
vaughnroxmysox
derevkointraining
Catpin
hannahb
freelancer79
farliieansds225
texasalias2004
Ms.MichaelVaughn
jadeygirl
SydneyVaughn47
AliasSydney502
tunita
smartgirl2004
Meljay
Kate_14
vaughn4eva24
secret_agent_angel
aliasfan212
sand2604
funkymonkey
sydneyv22
vaughnsgurl4lf
cookiemonster
ChrisM
sydneymicheal
Prediction 47
fire*N*ice
Addicted 2 Alias
6helterskelter6

I hope that they get to know each other better. I guess they will since he is going to be spending some time with her.

Great update. Please update again soon.

texasalias

Back