Loss Of Innocence

sorry for taking so long, but we're both extremely busy with university, so we can't update as regularily as we'd like to

Chapter 6

“So...Where do you work?”

Sydney thought about her response for a few moments, figuring out how to wrap the truth in something that wasn’t a total lie. It wasn’t as if she wanted to lie to him but she also didn’t want to tell him the truth about her workplace.

Considering her options again, she answered, “I… uh… work at the club, mostly nightshifts.” Yeah, that was as much truth as possible.

“You worked all last night, and you’re still here?” Michael looked at her surprised, “Did you sleep at all?”

“No,” Sydney shook her head, “I’ll sleep later.” She added shrugging but had to yawn at the same time.

“Maybe you should go home, get some sleep.” Michael suggested, watching her as she began cleaning the table.

“Maybe you’re right.” Sydney admitted slowly, feeling pretty tired. But even though, she didn’t want to leave him on his own if he needed her help. After all she had been the one that had put him into this situation. “But you need…”

“I’m fine.” Michael cut her off, sensing what she was meaning.

“But…” Sydney began but he didn’t let her finish again.

“Go home. Sleep, I’ll survive being on my own for a few hours.” Michael smirked and waved at her, signaling her to go home. “Besides a friend from work will come by later.”

“Okay, fine.” Sydney sighed and grabbed her keys.

Breathing heavily, Sydney walked up the last stairs to her apartment. If you could call it an apartment. Actually it was more the tiny and shabby version of an apartment. But it was all she could afford. And it wasn’t as if her boyfriend David could help pay for a better one.

He hardly ever had a job and if he did, he didn’t keep it for long. So it was her who paid for everything. But she needed him. Needed him to get what she desperately needed to get over the days.

Unlocking the door, she let out a sigh. Her life was really felgercarb but there was nothing she could change. It always had been that way and god knew she had tried to change. It had never worked and so she gave up, surrendering to what her life would always be.

She just hoped Michael wouldn’t find out. Not that his opinion mattered. That was at least what she told herself. She was used to being judged by all kind of people, was used to being treated like s***. That was how it always had been. But somehow it was different with Michael.

They hadn’t known each other for long, a few days to be exact. And maybe that was the reason. He looked at her differently. Not the way everyone else around her did. And she didn’t want to lose this. Not during the time she had to take care of him.

After that she didn’t plan on staying in contact anyway because it was just a matter of time before he found out who she really was and then left on his own. It happened all the time. Any time she had met someone from another background than hers. She wouldn’t put herself through this again.

“Syd? Is that you?” She heard him call from the living room.

“Yeah,” Sydney replied and sighed inwardly. Walking in, she saw him sitting on the couch. He looked tired and bad and Sydney knew too well why. She was experiencing the same thing almost every night.

“You’re late.” He stated, his voice showed no emotion, no anger about it or such thing. But it wasn’t as if she had expected it.

“I had to make some purchases.” Sydney replied. She hadn’t told him about Michael since there was no need for him to know.

“Okay.” He said, accepting that and giving her a smile.

David treated her well, he was a good guy. But he was also just as messed up as her and maybe that was also the reason they were still together. Sydney didn’t really love him but she needed him. He gave her something relatively stable and something to rely on, as messed up as this relationship might be. And well, he gave her something else.

“Did you get some?” She looked at him questioningly, hoping he did.

“Yeah,” He nodded and reached into his pocket to hand it over.

“Thanks.” Sydney smiled at him, putting it in her pocket. She would need it later to get through the night. As always.

Over the years, it had gotten better but she wasn’t getting through a whole day without it completely. Not in her job.

“When do you have to leave tonight?” David asked, pulling her next to him and kissed her on the temple. “Same time as always?”

“Yeah.” Sydney sighed, moving closer in his embrace. He made her feel good, as good as possible with this life. It wasn’t love but to Sydney it didn’t matter. Maybe this way the relationship had even better chances to succeed. No love meant no hurt feelings.

And Sydney didn’t believe in love anymore. That was a lesson she had learnt early in her life. Love didn’t exist. People might say it did but at the end of the day they would only hurt and abandon her. It always had been that way and so she had learnt to bottle her feelings up and not trust people any longer.

It was her way to get through life. And it was a safe one.

please review ^_^

PM list

PointguysGirl
syd26
SpygirlAmy
grassyass
vaughnshoney
sabbiee_co
sparklingrainbow
dandan
vaughnroxmysox
derevkointraining
Catpin
hannahb
freelancer79
farliieansds225
texasalias2004
Ms.MichaelVaughn
jadeygirl
SydneyVaughn47
AliasSydney502
tunita
smartgirl2004
Meljay
Kate_14
vaughn4eva24
secret_agent_angel
aliasfan212
sand2604
funkymonkey
sydneyv22
vaughnsgurl4lf
cookiemonster
ChrisM
sydneymicheal
Prediction 47
fire*N*ice

Addicted 2 Alias
6helterskelter6
phoenix shotgun 47
albob
les400coups

Well hopefully she will believe in love after being around Vaughn all the time!!
-Sounds like Syd has had a rough life...hopefull Vaughn can help her!!
Great update! THanks for the pm!!

I was like 'YAY Sydney is a junkie' even though it's a bad thing, because it makes such a great story line. I'm horrible! :P

It appears Sydney is addicted to uppers to get her through 'work' and David is her supplier. And I'm happy that Sydney feels comfortable around him and he isn't abusive.

Chris

Ok so im thinking that syd is on drugs and is some type of prostitute or stripper maybe?
oh and that vaughn will change her perspective of love!

Ok so im thinking that syd is on drugs and is some type of prostitute or stripper maybe?
oh and that vaughn will change her perspective of love!

Just the other day I was watching a documentary on TV about how prostitutes ended up being junkies or vice versa.

Either way they started off as prostitutes, but needed drugs to get through the nights, or they were junkies and needed to prostitute themselves otherwise they couldn’t afford their daily/weekly drugs for the amount of money they earned.

It was very interesting in some point, but I still felt bad. Hearing 16-20 year old girls talk about such stuff as well as their (family) background was pretty harsh. Mainly they ended up that way because the family never/hardly ever took care of them, and off they slipped into that field.

First ending up on the street ‘cause they were fed up being beaten or whatever at home, then they’d start off having bad friends,…

After reading this chapter I couldn’t help but think back to that documentary.

I just hope that Sydney will find away (and trust Vaughn) out of it! She really needs to… at least let Michael help her at first because I’m sure he will be worried about her once he finds out!

Totally love this fic! and thanks for the update!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:hug: cookie

I have same really bad feelings about Syd's life. Taking a drugs. Being a stripper. Or a prostitue. And that excuse of boyfriend. :confused:
Thinks really don't look good :( Maybe Vaughn will help change her life :smiley:

Back