Loss Of Innocence

Ya know what would be funny? Or the go-to scenario in a film? Eric would take Michael out to celebrate and they somehow would end up on the club where Sydney works. :lol:

Great chapter.

I wasn't expecting anything else but Sydney cutting of their built up friendship... it was just normal for her to do that.

1. she doesn't want Vaughn to find out what her real life is like
2. she wants to keep Vaughn out of that life

Now we only have to pray that Vaughn will try to find her, which of course is better than if Sydney comes running back to him when something bad has happened...

urgh... this is already frustrating me :P

Nice update Mary, thx :hug: cookie

what the hell
this isnt right
she needs to go back
what the hell
he will understand
hes a greta guy that can help her out
i hope she gets out of this life

I really hope that he will find out the truth about her. Hopefully rather soon.
If he knows about everythink he can convince her to could rethink :thinking: :smiley:

Thanks for PM

Ally :rolleyes:

Hey i am really enjoying this story can you please add me to your PM List...
And i reckon that Michael is going to go to the club with Eric and see Syd there and see her getting hit by some drucken Ass, and he will save her and she will have a hard time explaining her life to him and what not.

I just discovered your story and I really loved it. I can't wait to see what'sgoing to happen next.
I'm thinking that Sydney is a stripper and that she does drugs and I wonder how she got there. I hope she'll be able to open up more to Michael in the future.
Can I get a PM when you update please?

So if I said we got :abduct: by aliens, would you understand why we haven't updated in so long...lol... Seriously, I needed to write the new chapter but I couldn't get anything done that I liked. Mary had to :poke: to get me to write.

Enjoy the new chapter. :smiley:

Chapter 11:

Routine was easy. As soon as she left Michael's apartment for the last time, Sydney went back to hers. Work, shower, go home, sleep and then work again. It had been like this for a long time and changing it would just make everything harder and more complicated, which was something she didn't need. And Michael didn't deserve to get involved in her screwed up life.

As she arrived at her work place, Sydney quickly used the backdoor to get inside, knowing she was already late. Removing the casts had taken longer than she had thought and she knew that her boss didn't like his employees being late.

"You're late." He said to her as soon as he saw her arrive.

"I know... I'm sorry." Sydney apologized quickly, "It won't happen again." She knew he wasn't pleased but he still gave her a nod and went back to his own work. She let out a sigh of relief. David and her couldn't afford her loosing her job.

She walked toward the changing room to get ready to do her job. Quickly she changed and went to apply some make up to try and get some color on her face. She saw one of her friends come in and start preparing herself. She didn't know if it was the dim light of the room or their ridiculous outfit but Anna looked just as bad as her. Tired, no sparkles, pale face.

A few minutes later she left the room to go "work", trying to banish Michael's face when she told him ‘no’ from her mind.

Like she had thought, Sydney easily got back to her “normal” life. She hadn't seen Michael for almost a month. It was easy as long as she didn't think of him or acknowledged that somewhere deep inside a part of her was missing him, was missing talking to him or the way he managed to make her laugh.

When her shift was over Sydney decided to go to the supermarket since she remembered that they were lacking a lot of things. And she couldn't count on David to remember something like that. Most of the time he was in his own world so grocery shopping wasn't high on his list of things to do. But he gave her what she needed and he kept her from being alone.

As she strolled along the different aisles, she grabbed a few items here and there. She remembered they had no more fruits or vegetables so she decided to go there to take some. Pushing her half-full cart in the direction of the fruit section, she walked a little more quickly, wanting to get out of the supermarket before rush hour hit.

She stopped abruptly as another cart hit hers around the corner of an alley. As she looked up toward the person who hit her, she almost fainted on the spot. She groaned inwardly as she heard him start to apologize before he saw her face.

“Oh my god... Sydney?” Michael said, shocked to see her again like this, before he started laughing softly, “We really have to stop crashing into each other like this... Although this time it's my fault.”

“Michael.” She stammered, “I... You... What are you doing here?”

“Same thing as you I guess.” He smiled.

“Oh yes... Sorry,” Sydney blushed as she realized she was starting to act like an idiot, “I need to go...” She pointed toward the fruits with her finger.

Sydney quickly walked toward the section and stopped her cart in front of the apples. She looked up as she saw him come toward her again.

“So... How have you been?” Michael asked quietly as he stood next to her.

He had thought he would never see her again, so meeting her again like this was something he had really never expected to happen and it was something he knew wouldn't happen again. New York was too big of a city to meet by chance more than once. Remembering what happened the last time he saw her, he knew he had to talk to her.

“Good...I've been good.” She replied “And you? You seem to be doing good.” She motioned toward his leg.

“Yes, I've been great... It's like you said, you know. It got better with time.” Michael answered.

“I'm happy for you.” Sydney smiled at him.

They stood there, staring at each other for a few seconds until Michael couldn't take the silence anymore and decided to jump ahead.

“I missed you.” He said quietly, wondering why he had chosen these exact words. At least he could have been a bit more subtle.

“I...” She stopped, not knowing how to answer. She had missed him too but she knew he couldn't stay in her life. She would only end up hurting him and in the end herself, too. And if there was one thing she couldn’t take in her life anymore, then it was pain.

“Do you think we could get a cup of coffee?” He asked, looking at her intently.

“Michael... I told you I...” Sydney began to reject his offer.

Michael interrupted her rapidly “I know what you said the last time I asked.” He said quietly, “But I know I missed talking to you. You're one of the first friends I met here... or at least I thought so.”

“We are but...” She shook her head.

“Then accept... We could just catch up.” He smiled. Seeing she was biting her lip, still hesitating, he added facetiously, “It's just coffee. It won't bite. And neither will I.”

He smiled as a small laugh escaped from her lips.

Sydney knew she should say no but the way he made everything seem so easy pushed past her resolve and she let out a quiet okay escape from her lips.

“Excellent.” He smiled, “There's a nice cafe close from here. I go there all the time. We could go there.”

She agreed and they both finished their shopping following each other in the supermarket.

As she put her bags in her car about 10 minutes later, she looked over at him. He was already in his car, waiting for her to get behind the wheel of her car and follow him to the coffeehouse.

TBC

PM list:

PointguysGirl
syd26
SpygirlAmy
grassyass
vaughnshoney
sabbiee_co
sparklingrainbow
dandan
vaughnroxmysox
derevkointraining
Catpin
hannahb
freelancer79
farliieansds225
texasalias2004
Ms.MichaelVaughn
jadeygirl
SydneyVaughn47
AliasSydney502
tunita
smartgirl2004
Meljay
Kate_14
vaughn4eva24
secret_agent_angel
aliasfan212
sand2604
funkymonkey
sydneyv22
vaughnsgurl4lf
cookiemonster
ChrisM
sydneymicheal
Prediction 47
fire*N*ice

Addicted 2 Alias
6helterskelter6
phoenix shotgun 47
albob
les400coups
malumader
Faye Vaughn
tubby
MontrealRocks
Agent Bristow-Vaughn

BTW guys, Mary and I created an lj community for Grey's Anatomy. It just started. GA Challenges, look around, participate if you want to. :smiley:

freelancer79, the pm wouldn't go trhough with you because your PM box is full, sorry.

oohhh David better not find out or see them because otherwise Sydney will be in trouble!!!!!!

Vaughn should just kidnap her and keep her locked in with him for the rest of their lives :lol: :angelic:

How cruel am I today? :P oh well... :woot: so giddy you updated! maybe that's my problem :rolleyes: tsk!

I can't wait for more! THis chapter was just great!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm sure over coffee, Michael is going to be asking what she's been doing. Of course she'll answer, "Stripping for drunks, doing drugs...you know normal stuff. And you?" :angelic:

I do hope that Michael follows her sometime to see how she lives and what she really does for a living. Then gets her away from it all.

Thanks for the PM.

Chris

Back