Season 5 MAJOR NEWS!

Question: OK, I admit, I was one of those people beating up on you, sending you a harsh e-mail after the season premiere of Alias. However, you have fully redeemed yourself with your latest tidbit about the Michael Vartan saga! Don't stop there, though — any news on the negotiations to bring him back to the show? — Andrea

Ausiello: Were you the one who banished me to a life of eternal damnation? All my hate mail tends to blur together. Anyway, yes, there is a major — major — development on the Vartan/Vaughn front: The deal officially closed late last week and Vartan returned to work on the Alias set yesterday. Please don't ask me who he's playing or how long his return engagement will last, because that I can't tell you. (Mostly 'cause, well, I don't know.)

http://www.tvguide.com/News/AskAusiello/

Question: OK, I admit, I was one of those people beating up on you, sending you a harsh e-mail after the season premiere of Alias. However, you have fully redeemed yourself with your latest tidbit about the Michael Vartan saga! Don't stop there, though — any news on the negotiations to bring him back to the show? — Andrea

Ausiello: Were you the one who banished me to a life of eternal damnation? All my hate mail tends to blur together. Anyway, yes, there is a major — major — development on the Vartan/Vaughn front: The deal officially closed late last week and Vartan returned to work on the Alias set yesterday. Please don't ask me who he's playing or how long his return engagement will last, because that I can't tell you. (Mostly 'cause, well, I don't know.)

Bloody hell :eek: ......

YIPPPEEE!!!!!!!! cue Jesse Spano "I'm so excited, i just can't hide it!" :P i knew it and i cant wait for syd to see Vaughn again!

Ugh. Sorry guys, but I don't share your enthusiasm.

I love Vaughn/Vartan, always have and was upset with the way things went down. But as we've heard they were trying to get him back at the last minute. The reason for this? Because they realized that they had really mucked things up and wanted a quick fix, so instead of keeping him dead, they bring him back. It just shows a level of incompetence (in my opinion). It shows that they never had any intention of bringing him back, until so many people were upset by him leaving.

So, as much as I love Vaughn/Vartan, I will continue not watching, and not turn in for his time on screen.

Well I have 4 theories. 1. Vaughn never died. 2. We'll only see him appear in flashbacks. 3. He'll be playing a different character 4. He's a ghost. Personally, I think number 4 would be quite amusing. :angelic:

If he is indeed back, I would guess 4 based on hints Kristen put up at her message board yesterday. She made a reference to Bruce Willis' character in "The Sixth Sense".

If he is indeed back, I would guess 4 based on hints Kristen put up at her message board yesterday. She made a reference to Bruce Willis' character in "The Sixth Sense".

What, that would be lame, but she's not very legit, Like Ausiello said, he doesn't know anything about the way Vartans characters returning.

What, that would be lame, but she's not very legit, Like Ausiello said, he doesn't know anything about the way Vartans characters returning.

Didn't Ausiello hint last week that any return could be as a ghost? This way he returns, but stays dead; since he'll only be back for 3 eps or less.

That would be so, so, so sad! I don't really think JJ would do that though. That's just too weird!
But yes, Kristen's job is gossip - who knows where that rumor began.

That would be so, so, so sad! I don't really think JJ would do that though. That's just too weird!
But yes, Kristen's job is gossip - who knows where that rumor began.

Would that be worse then having him shot about a zillion times and making it to the hospital? Tough question. I just doubt (if he is back), that he'll be "alive" after the elaborate way he died in the premiere. With the decision to actually kill Vaughn, I don't put anything past JJ, VBR or TPTB this season.

Would that be worse then having him shot about a zillion times and making it to the hospital? Tough question. I just doubt (if he is back), that he'll be "alive" after the elaborate way he died in the premiere. With the decision to actually kill Vaughn, I don't put anything past JJ, VBR or TPTB this season.

Exactly, I'll be that much more infuriated if they bring him back as a ghost! That just proves that fact that they had not intended to bring him back at all. So now they're trying to appease MV's fans by bringing him back as a ghost?? How awful is that??

Exactly, I'll be that much more infuriated if they bring him back as a ghost! That just proves that fact that they had not intended to bring him back at all. So now they're trying to appease MV's fans by bringing him back as a ghost?? How awful is that??

That would be totally unacceptable and an insult to his fans. And I'm really sick of their "back from the dead" plotlines. About the only sensible scene I can think of would be Sydney having a dream because nothing else makes any sense and would be dumber than dumb. Of course, I could see them doing flashbacks...wouldn't put it past the monkeys.

Agreed, agreed - bringing him back as a ghost would be a mistake. (Of course I thought writing Syd's pregnancy into the storyline would be a mistake, but they are doing a pretty good job with it... so maybe I just have no imagination?)
Have we forgotten how obvious they made it that Vaughn's death was faked? There were just too many clues. If you go back and watch the premiere again, it is really, really obvious! The most major hint to me is that Jack walks into the hospital room and tells Vaughn and Sydney that Gordon Dean was really a bad guy and so Sydney says to them both, "What are we going to do?" End of scene, cut to commercial (or another scene) and we never hear what exactly they were going to do (the part with Jack on the phone discussing an extraction for Vaughn within 48 hours happened before they heard about Gordon Dean, and thus before the hospital room scene). The next thing we know, Sydney is giving him the drink and he flatlines.
So my guess is that Vaughn is in hiding (obviously) and disguised pretty well and they "reveal" to us that he's really alive. Surprise!
Then maybe he doesn't show up again for awhile and then at the end of the season, the bad guys are gone so he and Sydney can have their happy ending. Let's hope anyway.

That would be totally unacceptable and an insult to his fans. And I'm really sick of their "back from the dead" plotlines. About the only sensible scene I can think of would be Sydney having a dream because nothing else makes any sense and would be dumber than dumb. Of course, I could see them doing flashbacks...wouldn't put it past the monkeys.

Maybe he's been recovering in one of Jack's U-Stor-It facilities. As far as plans to bring him back, that has been made clear from the beginning. They NEVER intended to bring Vartan/Vaughn back at all. Doing so now (if he is actually returning) is definitely a result of the fan outrage.

I am guessing that they bring back Vaughn, by saying they faked his death and got him to the French Villa as they were planning to do. Look at the second episode and the convo between Syd and Jack. She is almost acting like Vaughn isn't dead but is just not able to be there. The ghost thing and the dream thing is just stupid and wouldn't staisfy fans neither would bringing him back as someone else. If he comes back as anyone but Vaughn in the flesh. I will stop watching.

Katie

If it's true that Michael Vartan is coming back do you think he'd agree to come back as a ghost? Personally, I don't think so. Right now he's in control. If he thinks the way they wrote Vaughn's come back was ridiculous, he could tell ABC just to stick it where the sun don't shine. That's why I think his appearance is as an alive Vaughn and will be in current time, not as a flashback.

Back