Space NASA Image of the Day

Robby

The News Robot
Angela Mason-Butcher: Multidisciplinary Engineer

20200218_1jk8145.jpg

Angela Mason-Butcher is the Capabilities Manager for the Integration and Management Office in the Aeronautics Research Mission Directorate. (More at NASA Picture of The Day)

Robby

The News Robot
Artemis I's Orion Capsule Completes Testing

orion_5.jpg

NASA’s Orion spacecraft, a critical part of the agency’s Artemis I mission, has completed three months of testing at the agency's Plum Brook Station in Sandusky, Ohio. (More at NASA Picture of The Day)

Robby

The News Robot
Artemis I's Orion Capsule Undergoing Testing

orion_5.jpg

NASA’s Orion spacecraft, a critical part of the agency’s Artemis I mission, is nearing the end of a three-month testing campaign at the agency's Plum Brook Station. (More at NASA Picture of The Day)

Robby

The News Robot
Hubble Spies Galactic Traffic Jam

potw2009a.jpg

NGC 3887 is one of many galaxies in our universe with spiral arms, just like our own Milky Way. Until the 1960s, the behavior of spiral arms was an astronomical puzzle. The arms emanate from a spinning core and "should" therefore become wound up ever more tightly over time. Instead, they move more slowly, like an interstellar traffic jam. (More at NASA Picture of The Day)

Robby

The News Robot
Celebrating the Life of Katherine Johnson

lrc-2020-h1_p_katherinejohnson-0307007.jpg

A Celebration of Life service was held on Saturday, March 7, 2020 for NASA mathematician Katherine Johnson at the Hampton University Convocation Center. (More at NASA Picture of The Day)

Robby

The News Robot
SpaceX's Dragon Launches to Space Station

esgs8xfwsaippf-.jpg

A SpaceX Dragon cargo spacecraft lifted off on its way to the International Space Station after launching at 11:50 p.m. EST Friday, March 6. (More at NASA Picture of The Day)

Robby

The News Robot
Michun North: My Everyday Extraordinary Is Helping Launch America into Space

michun_north_with_astronaut_suit_0.jpg

Michun North is a program analyst, who helps manage finances for the Commercial Crew Program. (More at NASA Picture of The Day)

Robby

The News Robot
Next Space Station Crew Takes a Break From Training

jsc2020e016220_0.jpg

Expedition 63 crewmembers Chris Cassidy of NASA (left) and Anatoly Ivanishin (center) and Ivan Vagner of Roscosmos (right) pose for pictures in front of a Soyuz trainer. (More at NASA Picture of The Day)

Robby

The News Robot
Test Version of Orion Capsule Recovered in the Pacific Ocean

urt_8.jpg

With the USS John P. Murtha (LPD 26) in the distance, helicopters from the HSC-23 squadron fly by a test version of an Orion capsule during Underway Recover y Test-8 in the Pacific Ocean. (More at NASA Picture of The Day)

Robby

The News Robot
Alligators and Rockets: Sharing the Kennedy Space Center

alligator_in_waterway.jpg

An alligator lurks in a marshy waterway at NASA's Kennedy Space Center in Florida. The center shares a border with the Merritt Island National Wildlife Refuge. (More at NASA Picture of The Day)

Top Bottom