New Classes

Daax

Cadet
I know the game hasn't even been released on beta yet but I'm sure many of you have thought of classes you want that the game doesn't have.

Post your class ideas and maybe descriptions here.
Here's some of mine.

Martial Artist- C'mon. We've got to get one of these. Every MMORPG needs a class that emphasizes on it's fists of fury.

Gunslinger- Maybe guns are too futuristic for this game but maybe not.

Samurai- no need explaining. Probably too eastern for this game but maybe in future expansions.

This is all I could think of right now.

Swashbuckler or Pirate - A fancy finess class, yet revolving around combat and fighting. Dual wielding using speed not power. Something that has some sort of loot/treasue/navigation skills. Prolly some skills that increase the moral of group members in certain ways or distract enemies with their fancy attacks. Something with attitude and arrogance. Not like rogue who uses sneaks attacks, ambushes, flanking attacks, or called shot sort of attack like hamstring, etc.

Gear Mechanic - Since we have a Gearknight I thought we could have Gear Mechanic. Mechanic uses the power of his mechanical creations to do the fighting for him. Can build robotic minions and use gadgets like grenades, smoke bombs and other assortments.

BeastMaster: I heard that you will be able to have pets and such, but I would like a class where they primarily use beasts or personal pets as their main tools of weapon. Giving Wyrs to the pets and adding armor and such would be awesome also.

I don't know if there's any other classes you could seriously implament, unless it would be some kind of joke, like Cake Maker.

But other than that, there's over 60 classes, each with all different types of combinations of skills and such to make what YOU want to make.

And Daax, I think Gearknight already specializes in mechanics.

I'd love to see a list of each class combo's name. So far we know Cleric/Necromancer=Occultist and Necromancer/Cleric=Diabolisist. Does anyone know any of the other names? Any GM's want to shed some light on this? ;)

BTW, I'd love to see some kind of shapeshifting class. Similar to WoW's druids but better.

I kind of picked up from this pic that Necromancer>Healer=Mortician, although I suppose I could be misinterperiting the meanings of the red and blue-filled bubbles...

I just remember at the 2003 Simucon demo the Bard/Necromancer = Keith Richards... I still wish they would keep that one....

As for new classes, I will have to see what we are in store for. Im sure you could make a Samurai without actually needing a class for it, or a Pirate as well. Maybe not but without knowing what I can do and what abilities there are I don't know what other classes will even be necessary as an actual class.

Unless its the Penkey class, the lethal spawn of a Penguin and a Monkey! And their cute to boot! (Even though that will never happen you should make one and put it somewhere)

Czi

EDIT: That might have been 2005 Simucon when that happened, I'm not sure.

Yeah like Czidvar says: a samurai is just a warrior and a pirate would probably be a warrior/rogue or a rogue/warrior. And there are several screens of people dressed like pirates :smiley:

The more classes there are the more everyone seems alike, uses the same or very very similar skills/spells, and the more we all use the exact same animiations for magic/combat. zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

A summoner would be kind of neat. I know in FFXI they had one, and I really enjoyed seeing the class. Everyone was really drawn towards a summoned creature. Theirs one class they could add :smiley: Lineage 2 also had a lot of unique classes that Hero's Journey could learn from.

Dark Avenger for one. Who would of ever thought of a warrior who uses his shield as a weapon, with a bad ass dog for a pet?

Summoners were really used mostly because the job class gave an MP boost.

Without it, I would have been a crappy white mage. (Elvaan have low-ish MP)

Maybe the new classes that are created with the different combination of classes (Mortician = Necro/Healer) will change how the abilities look and behave.

Wizard/Necro might act like a "Summoner" from FFXI where they might be able to use avatars under their control.

Just a theory.

I think speccing could accomodate additional playstyles without adding new classes. like for beast master could be a ranger spec that emphasizes pet stuff..and maybe there can be a warrior spec that is good at shield whacking to accomodate that style. maybe warrior or rogue specs that have good unarmed martial arts moves to accomodate the martial artist playstyle.

I think a class that could be added, although there are already 72, would be like was stated before, a martial arts specializing in using the body as a weapon.

And yah, im sure some of those classes could be made with the already in place classes.

And a shapeshifting class would be cool. Maybe call it Beastmaster, instead of having a pet like the ranger, you could turn into an animal. And like the ranger taming a different type of animal, you could find an animal, maybe do a quest or something to be able to obtain the form of that animal, than be able to change into that animal.

Just some ideas for ya! :D

How about a Shaman class like in WOW? Just make it so they don't overpower everything in existance like WOW. >:P

BTW! Woot! 100th post! OMGWTFBBQROFLCOPTERLOL 1337 H@X!!!!!!

Back