Simutronics opens 2 new GM positions...are you game?

I made the map for my application using the Unreal Engine.

I had no previous experience with coding or level building (well, a little bit of tinkering with TI-86 graphics calculators and some messing around with Duke Nukem's Build ;) ), and so working with the Unreal Engine was a pretty monumental challenge.

I highly recommend taking this challenge on though, there's an excellent tutorial resource you can find here:

http://architectonic.planetunreal.gamespy.com/first_level.html

It took me a very long time to go through those tutorials, but I couldn't have produced anything without them. As an added bonus, the Unreal Editor is a fair bit more complicated to use than Heroblade, and so if you really do go through all these tutorials and make a great map, if you're accepted you'll find it easy and fun to learn how to use heroblade.

I agree, the Unreal Editor is a huge challenge without any tutorials or previous experience with it.
Even though I'm making my mod on the Electron Engine, I'm still learning Unreal.
Thanks for the link.

HJ-Draethor said:
I made the map for my application using the Unreal Engine.

I had no previous experience with coding or level building (well, a little bit of tinkering with TI-86 graphics calculators and some messing around with Duke Nukem's Build ;) ), and so working with the Unreal Engine was a pretty monumental challenge.

I highly recommend taking this challenge on though, there's an excellent tutorial resource you can find here:

http://architectonic.planetunreal.gamespy.com/first_level.html

It took me a very long time to go through those tutorials, but I couldn't have produced anything without them. As an added bonus, the Unreal Editor is a fair bit more complicated to use than Heroblade, and so if you really do go through all these tutorials and make a great map, if you're accepted you'll find it easy and fun to learn how to use heroblade.

There is an Unreal ED wiki as well. I dont remember the URL, but I am sure you can run a google search and find it.

I had not even played Unreal when I started tinkering with the UnrealEd for my first application. I'm so happy they are letting us use the Source Engine. I've worked with Valve Hammer for a few years now. I hope they let us post some video's of our maps here, I'm pretty proud of mine!

Back