Simutronics opens 2 new GM positions...are you game?

WatchMaker

Cadet
I'm using the source engine. Hopefully I can post a video of my map here, I will be sure to ask them when I submit it.

Draethor

Cadet
I made the map for my application using the Unreal Engine.

I had no previous experience with coding or level building (well, a little bit of tinkering with TI-86 graphics calculators and some messing around with Duke Nukem's Build ;) ), and so working with the Unreal Engine was a pretty monumental challenge.

I highly recommend taking this challenge on though, there's an excellent tutorial resource you can find here:

http://architectonic.planetunreal.gamespy.com/first_level.html

It took me a very long time to go through those tutorials, but I couldn't have produced anything without them. As an added bonus, the Unreal Editor is a fair bit more complicated to use than Heroblade, and so if you really do go through all these tutorials and make a great map, if you're accepted you'll find it easy and fun to learn how to use heroblade.

HJ-Onilink

Cadet
I agree, the Unreal Editor is a huge challenge without any tutorials or previous experience with it.
Even though I'm making my mod on the Electron Engine, I'm still learning Unreal.
Thanks for the link.

Sabastian

Cadet
HJ-Draethor said:
I made the map for my application using the Unreal Engine.

I had no previous experience with coding or level building (well, a little bit of tinkering with TI-86 graphics calculators and some messing around with Duke Nukem's Build ;) ), and so working with the Unreal Engine was a pretty monumental challenge.

I highly recommend taking this challenge on though, there's an excellent tutorial resource you can find here:

http://architectonic.planetunreal.gamespy.com/first_level.html

It took me a very long time to go through those tutorials, but I couldn't have produced anything without them. As an added bonus, the Unreal Editor is a fair bit more complicated to use than Heroblade, and so if you really do go through all these tutorials and make a great map, if you're accepted you'll find it easy and fun to learn how to use heroblade.
There is an Unreal ED wiki as well. I dont remember the URL, but I am sure you can run a google search and find it.

WatchMaker

Cadet
I had not even played Unreal when I started tinkering with the UnrealEd for my first application. I'm so happy they are letting us use the Source Engine. I've worked with Valve Hammer for a few years now. I hope they let us post some video's of our maps here, I'm pretty proud of mine!

Top Bottom