No More Lonely Nights

LaurenRachael

Mommy, can I please have a snow plough?
Hey all :hi:

Title: No More Lonely Nights
Summary: I guess you could say this is a S3 fic. The Covenant is nearly gone, thanks to the CIA, and Simon still thinks Sydney in Julia. Syd finds out about Vaughn's wedding with Lauren and decides to go. Will she make her presence known?
Disclaimer: I don't own anything. Oh, and the title to Paul McCartney
Pairings: S/V
Beta: Sher.. she also helped and wrote a small part.

There are only going to be a few chapters!!

Chapter One

Tears were streaming down her face. She looked at the man that she loved at the end of the aisle. The melody of ‘Cannon’ filled the air. They were in the backyard of Vaughn's childhood home. This was everything she had ever wanted—except she wasn’t the one walking down the aisle towards him. It was a woman that Sydney had only seen a few times before. The woman had blonde hair and a bad British accent. Her name was Lauren Reed.

She watched as the music died down and everyone who was standing took their seats. Everyone had a smile on their faces, except Vaughn. He looked almost regretful. She saw this in him, but knew no one else would. She was the only one who could see his true feelings.

There was an aisle between two rows of white painted wood folding chairs. At the end of the aisle was an arch with green vines intertwined in it. The bridal party stood outside of the arch and Vaughn stood under it, with a priest slightly behind him to his left.

It was a spring day. There were only a few clouds in the sky. The sun shone brightly. The air wasn't very warm. It wasn't cold, though. Just cool. The grass was green, but not very green.

Sydney put her hand over her mouth to stifle a sob. This was one of the worst moments of her life.

*Flashback*

Pulling her car in to a parking space, she put on the emergency brake and watched Vaughn walk up the steps to his house. He was with a woman Sydney felt her heart break in two. He kissed her goodbye and went inside.

Vaughn had moved on..

The thought nearly killed her. Vaughn. The man she loves. She thought they were soul mates. She never believed in anything of the sort—not until she met him. The shivers she got when he touched her, the connection they felt. That was only the beginning of what she felt. Had Vaughn felt it?

Love. It was something she had never experienced before. She thought she loved Danny. She did. But she wasn’t in love. Of course, she had never known the difference because she had never experienced being in love—not until Vaughn.

She knew she couldn’t tell him that she was alive because the Covenant would kill them both. Tears streaked down her cheeks. She pulled the car off the curb and drove back to where the Covenant was keeping her before anyone could suspect anything.

*End flashback*

Then again, she had had many ‘worst moment of her life’s lately.

---

Everyone was standing up as Lauren walked down the aisle. She looked beautiful. Not as beautiful as Syd would if she were my bride-to-be. He pushed the thought out of his mind quickly. This was not his wedding with Sydney, even though he would have liked it to have been. He tried to push all memories of her out of his head. It was his wedding day. With Lauren.

Vaughn couldn’t help but think of the ‘what ifs’.

What if Sydney was alive? Would I have proposed to her that night in Santa Barbra? What would have happened? Would she say yes? Of course she would have said yes! Would we have gotten married at the beach? Or a backyard wedding, like this one? Would we live in a perfect two story home with a white picket fence and have 2.5 kids? What would their kids look like?

Whoa, whoa, whoa.. This is me. Getting married. To Lauren. Not Syd.

Is it some sort of curse if you think about the ‘other woman’ (who I happen to still love) when you are getting married?

Am I betraying Sydney in some sort of way by marrying her? Am I betraying Lauren by loving Sydney—my dead girlfriend—more than her?

His thoughts were cut short by the music stopping and everyone sitting down. Lauren was now standing in front of her, and her father joined the rest of the bridal party.

The rest of it went by in a blur.

---

*Flashback*

[[One week before the wedding]]

Sydney sat in the hockey stadium in the last row. She had just watched Vaughn coach a bunch of children who seemed to be about 8 years old. After all of the kids left, Vaughn put on a pair of skates, grabbed his hockey stick and puck, and stepped onto the ice. He began skating around gracefully, pushing the puck around with the stick expertly. Skating up closer to the goal, he slapped the puck into the goal effortlessly.

She watched him in awe. How could anyone do that as well as him? It hit her then how much he looked up to his dad. He had been a CIA agent, and had been killed in action. Vaughn followed in his footsteps; trying to be just like him, except more careful. He could have easily been a hockey star, but he chose to risk his life for his country, just like his dad.

He continued skating around, occasionally hitting the puck and scoring a goal, until a phone rang. It was the same ring he had always had.

She watched him as he stopped skating, and put his stick down. The puck continued to glide off into the direction he was going in. He reached into his pocket and pulled out a silver flip phone.

"Hello?" he answered seriously, his voice was slightly deeper than she remembered. "Hey, Lauren," his tone softening slightly, "What's up?"

Lauren. It was his girlfriend. She looked down into her lap and tried to hold back the tears beginning to well up in her eyes.

"I'm at the hockey rink, I decided to stay and skate around a little. I'll be home in an hour, mmk?" he told her.

The way he used 'home'. They shared a house together now. She wasn't surprised though, they had been dating for some time now. But the fact that he now shared his house with someone else broke her heart even more than it already was. It wasn't her toothbrush next to his, it was some blonde b****'s.

She sighed.

Her eyes bulged slightly. She had sighed louder than she expected. Her eyes darted over to Vaughn, who hadn't known she was there. He couldn't know. Not yet.

Vaughn looked up into the stadium. Was that just a sigh? Who is here? How did they get in? The doors were locked.

"Vaughn? Are you there? Vaughn, honey?"

"Yeah. Sorry sweetie."

Sydney felt a wave of sadness and jealousy pass though her. He had never called her 'sweetie'. They had never had their normal life where they could call each other animal names all day long. That was all she wanted. A normal life. With Vaughn.

Before she had time to control her emotions, tears began their way down her face. Her breath hitched and she tried her hardest not to make any noises. She put a hand over her mouth to try to stifle a sob.

Again, Vaughn noticed the sound and looked up in the direction of Sydney. His eyes lingered there a moment before focusing his attention back on his fiancé who was blabbering on about the flowers for the wedding.

*End Flashback*

Please review!!!!

xo laur :Prop:
and Sher

EDIT:: Next chapter Wednesday (May 4th)!!

I really loved this first chapter :smiley:

Do you think it would be possible to be added on your pm list, I'd really like to know where everthing is going.

Thank you and I hope you'll update soon

Sab

:love: :angel2:

omg theres another sab on this site :woot:

that chapter was great, really sad though, can i have a PM please?

jess x

ASIOagent
spy41
sab-alias
cinders
luckylass
syd26
Spirit

Please tell me if there are any mistakes!!

Update should be in a few days.

Thank you everyone for reading!! :D :D

xo laur :Prop:

Oh god. I'm crying. that was so sad and emotion filled. I can't believe that Lauren and Vaughn are getting married. I never thought of the fact that there was a wedding...let alone the fact that Sydney could have attended it. And I :love: the concept of the story...and it's such a tearjerker. Angst, I love angst..ever since TMP...:cry:
I love the writing, the characterization, details...I just love it all.
Please, please, PM me, because I can't wait for more!

Riley xoxo :hug:

Whoaaa.. lots of replies!!

Thank you everyone!!

texasalias2004 - you didn't ask for a PM, but I added you just incase. If you didn't want one, just tell me and I'll remove you from the list :smiley:

PM list:

ASIOagent
spy41
sab-alias
cinders
luckylass
syd26
Spirit
fire*N*ice
texasalias2004
rileylovesalias
kaliasgirl