I Drove All Night

Title: I Drove All Night
Author: Me *Katy*
Spoilers: Season 2, A Dark Turn, AU
Disclaimer: I don’t own Alias - obviously - do you think I’d be stupid enough to kill off the hot guy?
Rating: PG-13
Author’s Note: So I was watching Oprah with my mom earlier today and they had Celine Dion on there. Well, of course she sang, and I heard ‘I drove all night’. It certainly isn’t the first time I’ve heard that song, but I did get inspired to write this little one parter. Hope you enjoy.

[1/1]

I drove all night to get to you

Sydney sat impatiently in the traffic on her way to San Francisco. Her fingers nervously drummed on the steering wheel while the radio played faintly in the background.

Her mind kept replaying the events of the last month. She had been an idiot, and Sydney hadn’t realized it until it was too late.

Sydney grabbed Vaughn’s arm, glaring at him, before pulling him into the empty conference room. “Are you keeping secrets from me?” Sydney asked bluntly, crossing her arms over her chest.

“Sydney...,” he trailed off, looking down guiltily.

“I can’t believe this Michael,” she said, purposely using his first name, knowing how it would sting as her words slapped him in the face. Her words were followed by her hand.

Vaughn gently touched his red cheek with the pads of his fingers, trying to slink away from the disgusted glare Sydney was giving him. “I trusted you, goddamnit,” she muttered. “I trusted you with every part of me, and you
betrayed me. You lied to me. Of all people, I thought you... YOU were the one who wouldn’t lie to me,” she hissed.

Vaughn sighed, “Syd, it’s not what yo--”

“It’s not what I think,” she mocked him, Syd’s hand moving through her long brown hair. “You can go to hell, Michael Vaughn.” Sydney said, her voice catching in her throat as she stormed out of the conference room.

Sydney knew she overreacted just a little bit, but she never expected for him to just... leave.

Sydney went to work the next day, not sleeping a wink without Vaughn’s warm body spooned against her.

She sipped at her coffee, impatiently waiting for Vaughn to come to work, so she could at least give him a chance to explain. He deserved that much.

Their love deserved that much.

Sydney waited until eleven o’clock, but he never showed up. She knew this was very un-Vaughn-like and was instantly worried. She tried calling his cell, and was perplexed when it said ‘This number no longer exist’.

By twelve, Sydney was called into a debrief where she got the life changing news.

Michael Vaughn had transferred offices. He no longer lived in LA.

Sydney’s anger only grew for Vaughn after he just... ran away from his problems. Her brain was perfectly content with the knowledge she may never see him again, her heart was a different story. It was her heart that wouldn’t let her get over him; that wouldn’t let her sleep without him by her side; that made her cry when she realized he wouldn’t be coming home.

Is that alright?

It was almost a month before she found out why he was being investigating, and why he lied to her.

Vaughn was just trying to protect her.

Apparently, Vaughn had been investigating her mother, to double check the CIA, to make sure that Irina wouldn’t hurt her daughter.

Her best interest was all he had in mind.

And that is how Sydney ended up stuck in a line of traffic. She knew she had to get him back. Sydney couldn’t give up their relationship without a fight. She was prepared to go down kicking and screaming.

The car in front of her began to move and she mumbled, “Thank god,” as she pressed her foot lightly on the accelerator.

It took another two hours, but she finally reached San Francisco. Sydney looked down at the rumpled napkin that Weiss had written down Vaughn’s address on.

I drove all night

The street wasn’t hard to find, and she easily found a parking spot in front of his apartment building. It took her ten minutes to finally get the courage to get out her car.

She took the stairs two at a time, until she reached the third floor where his apartment was. No light filtered out from the crack under the door.

Sydney lifted her hand up to knock, but hesitated. It was nearly one AM, he wouldn’t be awake at this time of night, well, morning.

Sydney turned and started to walk away, but at the last minute decided to put her spy skills to work.

For a spy, Michael Vaughn took no precautions in protecting himself from intruders. Sydney had taken a pin out of her hair and was ready to get to work on the lock, but it wasn’t necessary - his door was unlocked.

Slipping into the dark and quiet apartment, Sydney realized that was the first time she had stepped into any of Vaughn’s apartments. She took a moment to look around, her eyes were already adjusted to the darkness, and she could make out a big screen TV, what looked to be a leather couch and a recliner in the spacious living room. She saw the kitchen off to the side and a hallway that would lead her to her ex-boyfriend-that-she-never-really-broke-up-with’s bedroom.

Creeping down the hall, she saw that his bedroom door was ajar and she could hear his heavy breathing as she tip-toed down the hall.

Crept in your room

Sydney took a moment to look over his peaceful face and to watch the gentle rise and fall of his chest. She couldn’t resist the urge and moved to his side so she could softly kiss his smooth, wrinkle-free forehead.

Sydney froze as he began to stir. She began to back away, but was halted with just one look from his passionate green eyes.

“Syd...,” He mumbled in a sleep-filled voice.

That one word from him was all it took, and she was at his side once again. “I’m so sorry,” she mumbled, cupping his cheeks.

Vaughn’s hand moved to her cheek where he gently wiped at the tears that had began to make paths down her face.

Woke you from your sleep

“So Sorry,” she mumbled once more, leaning down until her lips lightly touched his.

Their kiss was soft and gently as they got re-acclimated with each other’s lips. “Michael...,” she moaned into his mouth.

His eyes fluttered open, and he looked over he peaceful face - the one he had dreamed about for the past month. Taking a deep breath, he knew things had to be said. “Syd, we should talk.”

Sydney looked down for a second, before meeting his eyes. “Give me tonight first. We can talk tomorrow.” Sydney whispered, leaning down to kiss him once more.

Their bodies moved in tune, doing the dance they had perfected in their blissful months together. As they made love, it felt like the first time all over again. It was new and different, but familiar and comfortable at the same time. The tinge of betrayal had changed their relationship into something darker and deeper.

Sydney and Vaughn’s quick and fervent kisses became slow and lingering as they both came down from their high.

It only took a couple minutes before they fell into a contented sleep, their first peaceful sleep since their last night together one month prior.

To make love to you

Vaughn woke up first; there was nothing unusual about that. He took a moment to admire the sleeping beauty in his arms. It had been over thirty long days since he had been able to hold her in his arms, and he cherished this moment knowing that it wouldn’t last for long.

A few minutes later, Sydney’s chocolate brown eyes fluttered open. She was greeted with a loving, yet intense glare from her lover.

“Hi,” she whispered, not wanting to break the moment of peace they had created.

“Hey,” he said back, just as softly, placing a caring kiss on her forehead.

They lay in their little cocoon of content-ness, simply holding each other, for a long while, before Vaughn finally said, “We do need to talk.”

Is that alright?

Sydney buried her head into Vaughn’s warm chest and nodded in response. Michael knew she wasn’t going to start this confrontation and began with, “I should have told you about the investigation. I shouldn’t have lied to you. But it was a mistake, and I’ll be sorry for the rest of my life.”

Sydney looked up at him and saw the love shining from his eyes, her lips twitched upwards slightly, “I shouldn’t have overreacted the way I did. I should have given you a chance to explain, so we could have fought it out.”

“I’m sorry,” they both whispered simultaneously.

Vaughn brought his hand to softly caress Sydney’s cheek. “Syd... I just... I want you to know tha-that I love you,” he said so quietly that Sydney thought she imagined it at first, but the questioning smile on his lips let her know that she didn’t dream it.

Smiling, she replied, “I love you too.” Sydney leaned up for a gentle kiss, before breaking apart and whispering, “Afterall, I did drive all night to get to you.”

I drove all night

^_^

First! *jumps up and down*

I loved it so much Babe!

Awesomely Fantastic job!

“I can’t believe this Michael,” she said, purposely using his first name, knowing how it would sting as her words slapped him in the face. Her words were followed by her hand.

...Funny, I dont remember that part... :P

“Syd... I just... I want you to know tha-that I love you,” he said so quietly that Sydney thought she imagined it at first, but the questioning smile on his lips let her know that she didn’t dream it.

Gorgeous....

Amazing, per usual.

_Ash_

Edit-

Disclaimer: I don’t own Alias - obviously - do you think I’d be stupid enough to kill off the hot guy?

Best disclaimer I have ever read....

Second???

-EDIT-

Katy... :cry: I don't know how the hell you do it... That has to be one of the best songfics I've ever read... and you used only 5 or 6 lines of the song!

It was touching, emotional and just... :notworthy: I'm never going to understand how the hell you write so well... Duuuuude...

Things like:

Sydney’s anger only grew for Vaughn after he just... ran away from his problems. Her brain was perfectly content with the knowledge she may never see him again, her heart was a different story. It was her heart that wouldn’t let her get over him; that wouldn’t let her sleep without him by her side; that made her cry when she realized he wouldn’t be coming home.

And

Their bodies moved in tune, doing the dance they had perfected in their blissful months tomorrow. As they made love, it felt like the first time all over again. It was new and different, but familiar and comfortable at the same time. The tinge of betrayal had changed their relationship into something darker and deeper.

*shakes head in disbelief* That sort of thing is what makes your writing so good...

I absolutely loved that one-parter, one of my favourites of all time, definitely!

love JuJu :harp:

That was AMAZING!!!!!!!!!! The writing, the emotions of the characters, and just everything about it was incredible. I always love getting a PM saying that you wrote a new fic because I think all of them are incredible. You really are an amazing writer.

Thanks for the PM.

~Karen

Awww, Katie I loved it! San Francisco?? Good choice of city. :P Of course Syd couldn't resist Vaughn for more than a month. Who can, right? :lol:

Back