Non-Alias related wallpapers

Status
Not open for further replies.
:puke:

I've had these pis on my comp too lonng. Had to do something with them. Maybe I'll do some brushwork and try to make it look more normal :mellow:

here is one I made a while ago, it's from greys anatomy.

the pics: greysanatomy.net
textures: tre
text: times or times new roman??

I have been enjoying Lost since I watched them all but was never really drawn into making art using any of the characters - I think that unlike Alias where I was so taken in by Sydney and Vaughn, I haven't really found that with Lost - I kind of have mild hopes of charlie and claire making it work and want Kate keeping as far away from jack (yawn) as possible and thus preferably in the arms of sawyer......but the relationship which I always found the most interesting was that between Boone and Shannon.........and it was after making icons of them that I decided to make this piece. Their story is so bizarre and tragic.

Mucho inspiration from the old works of val from touchstone whose black borderless blends I have always loved, also from Liajedi who has used a lot of techy brushes on blended works many times and made me think it looked pretty when I had never seen it before also to everyone who is using lots of light lately - I just really wanted to play around with light on a dark background cos it is something I suck at and want to try and improve I suppose.

credits:
first of all massives hugs for anica for making all those fabulous light stocks! you rock *makeout*
textures - sae and thia.
brushes - thia, linzee, liajedi, tippy, vered and nadine
other lighting stocks from getty
lyrics - avril lavigne - together

Jonathan: I love that Grey's Antomy one. It ahs all the characters :woot: :D Ad I like the green...it reminds me of doctors ^_^

Jems: WOAH MAN. I love the glossiness of it and the lighting is amazing. And really cool layout. Awesome lost wp :D

Dim Bulb said:
hey, could you post a tut on how you use lights? mine suck.
[post="1328825"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

:Ponder: it's kinda hit or miss salad to be honest. i have really struggled with lighting on my icons and always feel it looks too pale.........I worked really hard on the wallpaper with the lighting cos I wanted to bring the images out from the dark background - basically all you need to do is take a lighting sotck images (from getty images or somewhere like that) and run a motion blur on it - usually at 45 degrees and varied length depending how far you want the light to go...............then position the light where you want it and play with blending modes and opacity until it looks right..........you might also have to erase some areas or reduce opactity of some areas - for example I reduced the opacity over shannons face cos it looked too pale at first. Also - sometimes putting different lighting on top of each other works wonders ;) For blending modes - most of the white lighting is on normal............the green lined blur over boone on the left is on lighten, I would only use lighten for small lit areas but not huge light regions cos they look too light. The majority of the background lighting - the lines of color - is just the same stock on motion blur and repeated and sometimes rotated at 90 degrees.

The other thing is - you need to ensure you havent erased away too much of the images or else the lights might not show up on the black background - if you have erased too much you can simply draw some brushwork in under the lighting to make it show up.

did that help any??

also - Have you seen my tutorial for borderless blends in the tutorial forum - cos it kind explains it in there I think. :smiley:

thanks that helped a lot actually. i thought everyone was using the lighting effects filter in photoshop. glad to know i was wrong, cuz that thing is frusterating.

I just started making wallpapers and these are my first two so please be kind :blush:

These are both of Brooke and Lucas my fav couple from the show One Tree Hill :D

doube click to see them in full size ;)

Sophie: The colors and blending on those are so good :D

Ashley: Those are awesome man! And the effects ont eh second one are so cool :D

ok i suck @ makin wps, i haven't done one in ages. in honour of the new movie...

PLEASE tell me what you think!!! any comments or suggestions would be great!!!

Meg ::shocked: That's such an awesome Star Wars wp. Realy god job :D

Les: The colors on that are gorgeous. I love the simplicity but then again the complexness of it :mellow: Lovely color schemeeee once again :D

Ashley: Your welcome ^_^

Haven't been here in so long... I'm loving that Star Wars one! And I love Leslie's too. And did I see the mayflower ship a couple pages back, or am I nuts?

Les: I liked that one more cause it had the pictures there more times :lol: But the effect on this pic is wicked cool :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back