Not Knowing When To Give Up

Title: Not Knowing When To Give Up
~Post ‘The Frame’, Vaughn finds out Lauren’s true intentions.

Description: Takes place after ‘The Frame’ episode. The story will start with Sydney and Vaughn thinking about what the phone call really meant to them. Soon Vaughn will find out Lauren’s true plan and work to find out more. The many twists and turns in here, will conclude to have Vaughn and Sydney reunited, but will it hold fast?
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Chapter 1: Things Change Over Time

~Vaughn’s POV~

So I am laying here in my bed next to some woman I am not happy with. Whom I tried to break it off with! With whom the breakup almost worked, then he father commits suicide. I feel guilty that I couldn’t have been there to comfort her after she found out, but I was on a mission…with Syd! God, Syd! It was almost going to be a “us”, we were going to have coffee. I knew I hurt her on the phone, I heard it in her voice. The way she tried to be strong killed me even more! But I felt that I needed to be with Lauren. This one time I sympathized with her because she too had lost her father, like me. Maybe that’s why I stayed, who really knows? But things aren’t going to change with Lauren and me… I can never be happy with her as long as I have Sydney in my life. I need to get out of here for a while.

Vaughn gets out of bed. Puts on his shoes, grabs his jacket and car keys, and heads out the door to his car. He knew where he was going, even though it probably wasn’t a good idea, but he had to see her. He pulls up a couple a apartments away from hers and he waits there. Waiting to see what he will do next. Figuring out his plan. Then he spots Sydney leaving her apartment. She heads for her car first and then turns around and goes towards another apartment. Weiss’s apartment. She pounds on the door until a sleepy Weiss opens the door. Vaughn notices Weiss’ face start to look sympathetic. He ushers her in and closes his door.

~Syd’s POV~

I set myself up for this. But I never expected it to turn out this bad. I believed him when he said he was going to be ending it. I had faith in him, more faith than I had in him since I came back. I shouldn’t have been so hopeful. What did I expect? Lauren’s father is dead, of course Vaughn would be there to comfort her, but it hurts. It hurts that he asked me to go out and then he goes back to her. I’m glad I hung up on him before. Though I should have been stronger, but he took me by surprise. All I need right now is Vaughn feeling sorry for me again. Ever since I came back, Vaughn is feeling sorry for me. I feel more sorry for him because he’s trapped in a loveless marriage. I shouldn’t say that, but I can’t stop from feeling that way. ‘Us’ just can’t be us…for now…I hope. When am I going to give up on this?

Sydney laid there for a while starring off into space and thinking of what could have been. She doesn’t want to think about this, plus she couldn’t stand being alone anymore. She left her apartment and went straight to her car. She places her hand on the door handle ready to open it, when she thinks to herself…what am I doing? She turns around and heads to Weiss’s apartment. She pounds on the door saying to herself. “Come one Weiss…please answer.”

A sleepy Weiss finally opens the door.

“Syd…what’s up,” says Weiss, yawning.

He can see the pain hidden in her eyes. His mood changes and he waves her in. Syd walks over to his couch and sits down. Weiss follows waiting for Sydney to speak. She starts to cry and Weiss puts his arm around her and pulls her toward him. Syd finds comfort in Weiss’ gesture. Weiss thinks God, what has Vaughn done now?

Soon Sydney muffles an answer. “He said it was over with them…that we could get coffee…how he was staying here…but then he called…and said he was with Lauren…and we wouldn’t be getting coffee…anytime soon. He got my hopes up and then crushed them!”

“Syd…it’ll get better! Lauren’s father is dead; Vaughn probably doesn’t think she should be alone. Just give it time!”

“I gave it too much time…and I don’t think I have any left.”

Syd was silent the rest of the time. She soon falls asleep.

“Syd are you going to be alright with…” Weiss stops speaking after he sees her sleeping. Weiss gets off the couch and places a blanket over her so she wouldn’t get cold. He walks over to the light switch. He turns them off and then spots Vaughn getting out of his car and heading towards his place. Before Vaughn gets a chance to knock, Weiss opens the door.

“What are you doing here?” asks Weiss.

Okay, honestly tell me how it was. Should I continue or not?

~Kim ^_^

please continue. i wonder what weiss will say/ do to vaughn. i hope that he won't punch him.

“I gave it too much time…and I don’t think I have any left.”

noooo. she has to have faith and hold on. Don't give up.

omg what are u thinking? of course u should continue....i love this, the whole adressing the issue thats so obviously affecting their lives so much. i hope vaughn realizes the stupid man he's being a leave lauren!!!! s/v forever...can i get a pm when u update?

More soon for those of you who wanted a PM...thanks!
Sorry for the delay, I have been so tied down with a lot of other stuff, but I promise to update soon!

Kim

This is great!! :D
Can't wait to see where it goes!!
Lookin' forward to some excellent SV fluff!! :love: :Please:
Please add me to your PM list!!
Please update soon!!!! :P
Thanks, :hug:

MJ :P 🏒 :throb: :love:

Back