Oh, man! Lost finale timing . . .

V

verdantheart

From IMDb:

Showdown Between 'Lost' and 'Idol'
In a decision that is likely to boost the sales of TiVos and other digital video recorders, ABC plans to air the season finale of Lost as a two-hour special on May 25, the last night of the May sweeps and the 2004-05 season, opposite the two-hour season finale of American Idol.. In an interview with Daily Variety, ABC Entertainment President Steve McPherson said that the decision "was driven by the creative," TV jargon for content, adding that the show's producers and writers "have worked really hard to deliver for this first season, and to have it come to this great climax. They've delivered at the highest level, and it made sense to put it on regardless [of the competition]." Fox said that it had always planned to air the Idol finale on May 25.
Like I'm going to watch Idol over this . . .

Well....I'm sure it'll hold it's own, but it'll definitely get hurt a little. Honestly, I don't think it's the best decision for them to make, but I guess they're confident enough in the show to go for it. It's just too bad, because I'm sure there are many people who would want to see the finale (not die-hards like us who will watch no matter what) who will watch AI instead because it's such an "event." Ah, well...their loss. Not like it'll affect Lost's future.

But my grandma is going to go out of her mind with anxiety - she's obsessed with both shows, and the thought of missing the finale of one is going to make her insane. ^_^

OMG ... thank God I am only watching "Lost" ... who ever watches Idol knows that whatever happens, whoever wins ... you will hear about it on TV .. for the following days ...

Does that mean, that on May 25th, "Alias" will be shown at 10pm, or will they pre-empt it for that week???

OK ... just read this ... :thud:

The expanded "Lost" finale -- co-creator J.J. Abrams had previously said that the final episode would run 90 minutes -- will push the season ender for "Alias" back to 10 p.m. that night

So, "Lost" gets 2 hours, and "Alias" season finale will be 1 hour at 10pm ... and we were expecting both shows to have 90-minutes finales ... :thud:

Like GoGo said.... we'll hear about who won on Idol for daaaaaays after... and while i'm at it -- i've just never seen the fascination in Idol anyways.... :confused:

I'm all for a 2-hr finale of Lost.... but what's this about a 1-hr finale of Alias?.... :banghead:

Haven't watched Idol at all this year, don't care about it. But for everyone out there who isn't going to know what to do or what to watch, I'll tell you. Watch Lost and set your VCR from 9:55 p.m. until 10:00 p.m. to tape A.I. because the first hour and 55 minutes is a bunch of felgercarb and the winner is never announced until the very end. Then you can watch that 5 minutes after Lost.

It will hurt one of the channels...ABC is hurting anyway so this descision will most likely make it worst. I do watch Idol, but honestly you guys this year sucks on Idol even with that said I'm gonna tape lost so I have something to watch when i get bored ect...with idol if you tape it to watch it later you will know what already happen so you can't really tape that. So with that said i'm gonna end this reply. ~lol~

Mel
:smiley:

nance said:
stupid people = will watch Idol

smart people = will watch amazing, fast paced, exciting Lost. :P
[post="1283368"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

hell yes :Punkrock: I just had to use that smiley :mellow:

nance said:
stupid people = will watch Idol

smart people = will watch amazing, fast paced, exciting Lost. :P
[post="1283368"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

Unfortunately, the world holds more stupid people than smart. -_-

Why watch AI? Last year's 2-hour season finale was SO BORING and you know that Lost will be amazing. All you need to do is flip over to AI during a commercial close to the end and you will probably see all of AI that you need to see.

Back