One Night Love Affair

A/N: I'm sorry, I never took the time to explain how I wasn't going to try to solve things I thought would be in the real S4, like Vaughn's dad, or the Rambaldi box and all that stuff... I'm going to concentrate on S/V...

So, this is the last chapter. An epilogue will follow tomorrow! :smiley:

Chapter 27

«Syd, are you ready to leave yet?», asked Vaughn to Sydney when his day was finally done. They hadn’t had a minute to speak to each other that afternoon and Vaughn hoped they could soon talk about their future. He really wanted to give Dixon a positive answer as soon as possible.

Sydney sighed as she put a strand of hair behind her ear.

«No… I have to finish that damn report tonight. Dixon needs it.»

«I’ll wait for you.», he offered.

But Sydney shook her head.

«Don’t. I might finish this pretty late. I’ll call you when I get off.», she sighed again.

«If you’re not too tired, we could have dinner together…», suggested Vaughn, hopeful.

«I’ll call you.»

Vaughn nodded and walked away, hating seeing her like that: mentally and physically exhausted. What could he do to make her feel better?

As he walked into the parking lot, he had a great idea…

When she finally left the JTF building, Sydney called Vaughn on his cell phone.

«Hey beautiful! Finally free?», he greeted her.

«Yes. Free but worn out.»

«Are we on for dinner?»

«Vaughn, I’m sorry, I’d love to but I think I’ll just take a bath and go to bed.»

«I understand. Is there anything I could do for you?»

«Maybe we could see each other tomorrow? It’s Saturday and so far I’m off.», she suggested, crossing her fingers that it would stay that way.

«Alright then. I’ll call you in the morning. In the meantime, I want you to rest.», said Vaughn, sounding once again like her mother. Well, not hers, but… someone’s normal mother.

«I will.»

«Goodnight princess.»

«Goodnight Mi… Vaughn.»

Had she almost just called him Michael? That seemed so… intimate, it felt strange to her. Just how pathetic was that? No even being able to call the man she loved, whom she had once even slept with, by his first name? She was a nutcase. Obviously.

Driving home, she began to think how surprising it had been that Vaughn had not tried harder to see her that night. Was something wrong? He had seemed pretty cheerful on the phone, so she must be imagining things. «Professional habit.», she thought as she turned right to pull into her driveway.

And then her heart stopped beating.

Vaughn’s car was in her driveway.

Lights were on inside her house.

What was going on? A million thoughts flashing through her mind, she got out of the car and walked to the front door.

She turned the doorknob and entered, ready for any eventuality.

She was met by the sound of her favourite jazz CD; by the smell of something delicious cooking; by the sight of a lit fireplace and… of Vaughn standing in her kitchen.

«Vaughn…?», she managed to say.

He turned around and gave her his most dazzling smile as he walked up to her. Without a word, he took the briefcase she was holding from her hand and put it aside. Then he put his arms around her and gave her a sweet kiss just over her left ear.

«Hey, darling…»

She put her head on his shoulder, just enjoying the feeling of being near him, of smelling his smell, of hearing his breathing.

She didn’t move an inch when she asked him, almost whispering:

«Vaughn… What are you doing here? How did you get in?»

«Don’t you remember I’m a professional spy? Your lock was pretty easy to pick. Plus I saw you punch in your code into the alarm system when we came in the other day. Piece of cake. As to what I’m doing here… I’m here to make you feel good.»

Wasn’t he every girl’s dream?

«Oh, Vaughn… It’s just what I needed…», she said, trying not to let the tears fill her brown eyes. It was so nice of him… She desperately needed someone to take care of her, and somehow he had known. Like he always had since the day they had met.

She lifted her head and a second later their lips locked.

«So, hum, dinner is cooking, but you have time for a bath…», Vaughn said when they pulled apart.

«Sounds like an excellent idea.»

«I’ll draw it while you get ready.»

He took a step toward the bathroom, but she stopped him by putting her hand on his arm.

«Vaughn…»

«Yeah?»

«Thanks a lot.»

«My pleasure.»

They shared a smile and he soon disappeared into the bathroom while she headed for her bedroom.

A few minutes later, Sydney was soaking into a generous amount of bubbles, feeling much more relaxed than she had earlier. She closed her eyes, enjoying herself, when Vaughn knocked lightly on the door.

«Syd? Can I come in?», he said politely.

«Sure.»

Vaughn pushed the door, holding two glasses of wine.

«Want some?»

«Please.»

He handed her one drink and took a step toward the door, hesitant.

«Stay. I need company.», she asked, smiling at him.

He too gave her a big, dimpled smile and sat down on the floor, his back against the wall.

«Feel better?», he wanted to know, although the answer seemed pretty obvious.

«So much. Thanks for breaking in.»

He had a little laugh.

«No trouble. It was a personal victory to be able to break inside the great Sydney Bristow’s apartment. Made me feel all manly.»

It was Sydney’s turn to laugh, before drinking a few sips of wine. She hadn’t eaten since her lunch with Vaughn and she already felt the effects of alcohol. But she didn’t mind at all, as Vaughn looked sexier with every second passing by.

«I’m starting to look like a grandmother.», she joked showing Vaughn her wrinkled fingers.

He winced and she said:

«I better get out.»

«Well, I’ll go check on dinner while you put your robe on.»

«Okay.»

He leaned in for a quick kiss before jumping on his feet.

«Oh, and tonight, Miss Bristow, the massage is on the house, if you’re interested.»

«A free massage?»

«Yes. Would you care for one? We still have time before dinner.»

«Are you the one giving the massage?», she enquired, a twinkle in her eyes.

«Well, Sylvio is unavailable at the moment, so I guess… yes.», he said, playing along.

«Okay then. I’ll take one.»

«I’ll meet you in the bedroom.», he replied, liking the sound of that sentence.

When Vaughn walked in Sydney’s bedroom, his pulse suddenly started to go faster.

Candles were on, creating, with the help of the music she had put on, a really soft and romantic atmosphere.

And Sydney Bristow, the woman he loved helplessly, the woman who had turned his life around, was lying on her bed, face down, wearing nothing but a pair of black lace panties.

She was just gorgeous, and Vaughn felt a lump forming in his throat. She could have been a masterpiece painting hanging in a museum, her silky hair framing her beautiful face. But she was his own artwork, and he intended it to stay that way forever.

«Hey there… Are you coming or am I going to have to wait for Sylvio?», she joked, her cheeks a little flushed. She had noticed he had been staring and suddenly felt really self-conscious.

«There is no way I’ll let Sylvio touch you. You’re mine.», he said, only half-joking.

He walked closer to the bed, holding a little bottle of massage oil, but didn’t actually get on the bed. She looked at him, wondering what he was doing.

«What are you doing? Are you paid by the hour?»

«Noooo… I’m just… Well, I was wondering if you’d be offended if I took my jeans off… It would get pretty uncomfortable, on my knees on the bed…»

Sydney, wondering if he even remembered they had once been completely naked in each other’s arms, tried her best not to laugh.

«Alright, just lose the socks or I’ll have to report you to your boss for extreme bad taste.», she teased.

He smiled and removed his pants and socks while Sydney tried not to stare. He was now only wearing black boxer short along with a matching black t-shirt and she felt her heart beating faster than it had been just a few seconds before.

Vaughn then quickly got on the bed and soon his warm hands began rubbing oil all over her back. The feeling of his hands on her sent shivers down her spine, especially since the details of their night in Korea came rushing back to her.

She tried to clear her mind, and, if Michael Vaughn hadn’t been the one rubbing her bare back, she would have just closed her eyes and surrendered to sleep. But knowing it was his expert hands touching her somehow changed everything…

Suddenly unable to hold herself back any longer, Sydney turned around and put her arms around his neck, pulling him toward her. Pleasantly surprised, Vaughn didn’t fight and found himself over her, his own hands caressing her shoulders. Like if the dam had all of a sudden broken down, the emotions and desires they had kept inside for so long just submerged them. Sydney almost ripped apart Vaughn’s t-shirt as she longed for their bare skin to touch. Their hands ran everywhere as their lips hardly ever parted until Vaughn pulled back only an inch.

«Dinner's ready.», he said, breathless.

«I do have an oven, you know. We can reheat.», Sydney answered before capturing his lips again.

Much later, theirs stomachs still empty, Sydney and Vaughn were resting into each other’s arms, both silently thanking destiny for having their paths cross. Her head was resting on Vaughn’s chest and her right hand fingers were tracing lazy patterns between his abs. Vaughn’s own fingers were running gently into Sydney’s hair.

They had been that way for a long while when suddenly Sydney raised herself on her elbows and looked at him, admiring for a second his splendid green eyes that were, at this exact moment, expressing just how much he loved her.

«Michael…»

«Yes?», he answered, his heart pounding. She had just called him by his first name and somehow he knew that it meant a lot to their relationship.

Her voice so low it was barely above a whisper, Sydney continued:

«I don’t want you to go.»

«I brought my toothbrush.»

«No, I mean to Florida.»

He tightened his arms around her, trying to fight off the tears that threatened to fall. Had she really said what he thought she had said? Was there really a future for them?

«Are you sure?»

«Yes.»

«I don’t want to go either.»

«Then stay.»

«I will.»

Awww...that was so beautiful, Vaughn is so sweet :blush:

As he walked into the parking lot, he had a great idea…
Woo Hoo :smiley: i love ideas, they generally lead to fluff!

«No trouble. It was a personal victory to be able to break inside the great Sydney Bristow’s apartment. Made me feel all manly.»
hehe LOL, vaughn feeling many [mental picture] *falls to ground with a loud thud*

«Dinner's ready.», he said, breathless.

«I do have an oven, you know. We can reheat.», Sydney answered before capturing his lips again.
LOL, that is the most famous line EVER!! And even better, since you had Syd say it!

«I don’t want you to go.»

«No, I mean to Florida.»

He tightened his arms around her, trying to fight off the tears that threatened to fall. Had she really said what he thought she had said? Was there really a future for them?

«Are you sure?»

«Yes.»

«Then stay.»

«I will.»
Awww.... :angelic: YAY, Vaughn's staying! Praise the LORD!!

Awesome chapter! Thanks for the PM! Totally to cute... :blush:

Oh waaaw! :eek:
That was so beautiful!
I wouldn't mind if vaughn spoiled me like that..I guess I 'll have to find someone just like him :lol:
I love the fact that she wnats him to stay :D
Loved the whole chapter and I can wait for the next update ;)
lots of love

I don’t want you to go.»

«No, I mean to Florida.»

«Are you sure?»

«Yes.»

«Then stay.»

«I will.»

Ah!!

Thanks for the PMs

Rach

Wooohoo! He's staying in LA/ :smiley: Of course, Sydney would be out of her mind to let him go, but still, its nice to know for sure. Great update, thanks for the PM!

Wasn’t he every girl’s dream?

So true, so true... ;)

- Meg

WHOO HOO! *jumps up and down*
Its over? NOOOO! I love this fic waaaay too much for it to be over!
*cries* but I loved the fluff!

AWWWW!! I loved that chapter! And I agree, focus on the S/V, you can throw rambaldi out the window for all i care :P it isn't as nearly as good as s/v fluff!!! :love:

Cai
x

ASIOagent said:
WHOO HOO! *jumps up and down*
Its over? NOOOO! I love this fic waaaay too much for it to be over!
*cries* but I loved the fluff!
[post="1110493"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

Wait, what? :thinking: It's over? *sniff* I'm gonna miss this... Sooo much too... :(

A/N: Okay, this is the end. It kind of makes me sad… Sharing this with you all has been an incredibly rewarding experience. I deeply appreciated every single review I got, and I want to thank you all readers, including the ones I saw lurking around, for taking the time to read this story. May sound cliché, but you don’t know how good you make me feel when I post a chapter and get to read your (often funny) comments! Merci!!!

Later today, I'm going to post another little fluffy story of mine, called "Fate" and also add my current story "Allies", if you're interested...

Jenn :smiley:

Epilogue

6 months later…

«That’s the last box, Syd.», Vaughn said as he came inside, closing the door with his foot.

«Really? You mean that as of now all your stuff and all my stuff is here, under the same roof?», she said, walking toward him.

«Yes.»

They looked at each other for a moment, both grinning widely as they just realised that from that minute on they were home. It was a new beginning for them both. They had spent numerous hours searching for this dream house and they had finally found it.

Vaughn put down the box he was holding and took Sydney in his arms, feeling a little emotional. Eight months ago, he would never have even imagined being were he was now. He loved again and was loved in return by the most incredible woman in the whole world. They had bought a house, a real house with a real backyard where Donovan would be able to run as much as he wanted.

He was happy.

«I like it here…», Sydney said softly.

«Me too. I’m so glad we decided to move in together.», he said, his voice strangled by emotion.

Sydney had a teasing smile. She didn’t want to cry now so she tried to lighten the mood.

«Your apartment was so crappy anyway. I was only doing you a favour…»

«Hey!!! Bristow, you’re going to pay for this!», he exclaimed, playing along.

«Oh. I’m so scared.», Sydney said flatly.

«I know, I don’t stand a chance. You’re not even afraid of spiders.», he sighed.

She laughed good-heartedly.

«So, why don’t we start unpacking in the living room? At least the house would look good when we come in.»

«Good idea. I’ll just put the game on while we work.», said Vaughn as he plugged in the TV set and searched for the right channel.

«Who’s playing?», asked Sydney a moment later, up on a stool, trying to hang the curtains.

But Vaughn didn’t answer, his eyes glued to the TV but his mind far from Los Angeles.

«Honey?»

«What?»

Sydney turned around to face her boyfriend and saw that the Kings were visiting the Lightning in Tampa Bay. Seeing Vaughn’s pensive face, she knew immediately he was thinking about his friend Eric. She knew he missed him a lot, even though he had never exactly told her. She couldn’t help to feel a little guilty about that; after all, it was because of her that Vaughn had left his life in Miami behind…

She got down the stool and walked up to him to give him a big hug and a kiss.

«You miss him, don’t you?»

«Who?»

«You know. Eric.»

Before Vaughn had a chance to answer, they heard a phone ringing. Sydney let go of him and frantically searched for hers in her purse, but it wasn’t the one that was ringing.

«Michael, it’s yours.»

«Oh, great. Where did I put it?», he asked, kind of desperate as he looked at the mess around him.

The phone kept ringing until they finally found it in the kitchen, behind a stack of boxes.

«Vaughn.», he answered, breathless.

«Mike!!!»

«Hey Eric! How are you? Are you watching the game?»

«What game?»

Now THAT wasn’t the answer Vaughn was expecting.

«Are you sick or something? The Kings-Lightening game is on!», said Vaughn, puzzled.

«Oh, really? I forgot.»

«Weiss? Is that really you? What’s going on? Tell me, man.»

«Well… I don’t know if I should tell you.»

«Spill or I’ll hang up.», Vaughn threatened his friend.

«Okay, okay… Well… I was wrong.»

«About what?»

«About not having any hot chick waiting for me in LA.»

Vaughn gasped.

«What??? Explain yourself, you’re driving me nuts.»

«Well, last month I went to Craig’s birthday party. His sister was there with a friend of hers… Her name is Gillian and… she’s from LA.»

«And… she likes you?»

«What is so surprising about that?», said Weiss, pretending to be offended.

«Nothing… Are you guys serious?»

«Well, it’s still recent but… It’s serious enough for me to give it a real try. I just put in my request to be transferred to LA.»

Vaughn’s smile got so big his face almost hurt.

«Hey, man, that’s great!»

«I know! Beer and hockey nights, here we come!»

«Skinner is going to be soooo pissed!»

«Yeah! He will!»

They both burst into laughing, happy about the fact that soon they would be reunited. As they finally hung up, Sydney came from behind Vaughn, put her arms around his chest and rested her head against his back. He said nothing, only putting the cell phone on the counter before covering her hands with his.

«He’s moving?», she asked.

«Yes.», Vaughn answered, unable to stop smiling.

Sydney tightened her grip around him. Everything was falling into place.

«I love you.», she simply said.

Michael raised her hands to his mouth and kissed them sweetly.

«And I love you too.»

FIN

YAY...that ending was perfect! Totally the best fic, loved it from start to finish! :smiley:

Thanks for all the PM's and send us another one if ya ever write anything else! Ta :smiley:

Back