Open Your Eyes

Okay guys. I'm going to tell you this in advance...

I have been debating posting this (Just ask Sophie! :P) because I'm not sure of how much time I will have to write and post. I'm doing things off and on the rest of the summer (foot surgery included!) and I just don't know how much computer time I will be able to fit in. I have a hard time writing with a pen...my thoughts run much smoother with a keyboard. Anyways, I'm going to post this as often as I can, but understand that it will probably be less and less as the summer goes on. Once school starts (I can't say where I'll be with this then! ;)) I have no idea how often it will be.

Well, having said that, I'm giving you the Prologue and first chapter of Open Your Eyes (Which my brother kindly informed me was the name of a movie, but no, I am in no way trying to copy the movie. It was simply a title that I thought fit the story.). I hope you all enjoy it, and please let me know what you think!

Here's a quick summary:

Title: Open Your Eyes
Author: Me (aliasjunkie4ever. Call me Gigi)
Rating: PG/PG-13
Disclaimer: I don't own Alias, but the new characters are mine ;)
Plot Summary: AU. Michael must face his past that he thought he had put behind him. Sydney must face her future and decide what is best for her and her family. They must face the present together, and open their eyes to things they are blind to.

Prologue

"I'm pregnant."

"You're what? Beth how did you even get my number? I hardly know you. Why are you telling me this?"

"Because you are the father, and you deserve to know."

"How do you know that I'm the father? You can't be so…"

"I'm sure. I have to go. I'm not going to speak to you again Michael. But I just thought you should know that somewhere you have a child. Always remember that."

Michael sat there for a few moments before hanging up the phone. This couldn't be right. He had only had a single one-night stand in his life, and the one time he did, she got pregnant? It wasn't supposed to be like this. A part of Michael wanted to call Beth back. But something was stopping him. Something held him back. Something kept him from fighting for something he thought could be his life. Something held him back…maybe fears, maybe doubts. But he wasn't going to stick around to find out.

Chapter 1 A Life Together -8 Years Later-

"Hello?" Sydney said through the phone receiver.

"Hi Syd! Its me." Sydney heard the familiar voice of Elizabeth, one of her jogging buddies, on the other line. There were five of them. They all discovered each other one day a couple of years ago, and decided to all jog together. It was safer to jog in a group anyway. The five of them, ranging from 25 to 40, had all gotten very close, but Sydney and Elizabeth had a special sort of bond right from the beginning. They would chat for hours about nothing, so Sydney found herself a comfy place on the couch as she prepared for a long discussion.

"Hey girl! How have you been? We've missed you on our jogs."

"Oh, Charleston was great. The weather was perfect and it was great to see Dave's parents. They were thrilled to see Camille too."

"Aw, well I'm so glad you guys had fun."

"You know it still amazes me how kind Dave and his family are to Camille. They treat her like she was their own. And Camille has never known any other dad but Dave and he's just such a blessing to us."

"I know what you mean. Dave really is a great guy. Hey, are you still on for jogging tomorrow morning?"

"Absolutely. Two weeks of running without you guys was torture! I missed you all!"

"Oh, we missed you too."

"Hey, Syd? Can you hang on one second? I’m getting another call."

"Sure." Sydney waited patiently with the phone to her ear as she observed her surroundings. She was in the living room of the apartment she and Vaughn had shared for the past two and a half years. They had a coffee table imported from Romania and a big screen T.V. There was a beautiful fireplace and above the mantle, a large painting was hung. It was a picture of Sydney and Vaughn on their wedding day. It would be two years ago tomorrow. As Sydney remembered that special day, she realized how fast time had flown by. She and Vaughn were getting older, and they both knew something was missing in their life, but both were scared to fill the void.

"Sydney, are you there?" Elizabeth asked for the third time.

"Yeah, sorry. I'm here." Sydney snapped out of her thoughts. Elizabeth sighed. "What's wrong?" Sydney asked when she heard her friend's long breath.

"I was supposed to go for my prep interview tomorrow morning after the jog but my babysitter just bailed on me. I guess I'll have to miss it." She let out another long sigh.

"Oh my gosh! I can't believe you would even say that! You were so excited about this job!” Sydney paused briefly, then continued. "I'll watch Camille for you. And if I have to do anything later, I'll pass her onto Jamie."

"No Sydney. I would never..."

"Elizabeth, stop. Go, and show those guys what an awesome designer you are. I'll pick up Camille after our run in the morning."

"Sydney, no! The least I could do is bring her to you."

"Fine. Deal," Sydney said, satisfied. Camille was such a good kid and she knew how much this interview meant to Elizabeth. She was an interior decorator, and she was being considered to design the new drama theatre in L.A. This was an opportunity Sydney wouldn't let her best friend pass up.

"Well, I better go. Thanks so much, Syd. I'll see you bright and early!" Elizabeth said with excitement.

"Hey don't mention it. See you soon." And with that, both women hung up their phones.

"See who soon?" the all-too-familiar voice said as Sydney stood up from their couch-which was imported from France.

"Elizabeth and Camille," Sydney said, walking towards Vaughn.

"When am I going to meet Elizabeth? She's been your friend for years now and I still don't have a face with the name."

"Well, maybe you can meet her tomorrow when she drops off Camille."

"Wait. She's dropping off her kid, here, on our anniversary? Sydney!"

Sydney could hear the frustration in Vaughn's voice and she quickly tried to get rid of it. "Its only in the morning for a few hours. And if you had plans for us, then I'll send her to Jamie's."

"But..." Sydney put a finger to Vaughn's lips and grabbed his hand with the other.

"She's eight years old, honey. Don't even pretend to be jealous," Sydney teased as she pulled Vaughn on the couch on top of her.

"Oh, I wasn't jealous. But you better be prepared to make up for lost time...starting now," Vaughn said as he caressed her lips. Sydney felt a wave of excitement go through her body like it always did when Vaughn touched her. Her waves quickly disintegrated when she heard the sound of a beeper.

"Damn it," Vaughn said as he stood to get to his device. He looked at it once and sighed loudly. "Kendall wants me-without you. I'm sorry. Are you okay by yourself?"

Sydney continued with Vaughn’s upsetting tone. "Yep. I'm fine. Call me later though," Sydney said as her husband reached the door.

Vaughn turned around and pulled his hands into a finger pistol. He pointed at her and said "I love you more, Sydney," then made shooting noise with his mouth.

Sydney replied with, “I love you, most,” followed by a large smile. They had been doing this ever since the first time they had to separate from each other. It was one tradition that couldn’t afford to be forgotten-and it hadn’t been for years. Life was beautiful for the two of them.

Sydney felt a pang of doubt and question go through her body. It wasn’t the first time she had felt this, though. Every time Sydney thought about just her and Vaughn or “the two of us” it didn’t feel right. Something was telling Sydney she should be saying “three of us” not two. It wasn’t time, Sydney concluded. It would happen when it was meant to be. And with that, she got up, waved to Vaughn as he exited, poured herself a glass of lemonade, and called Francie.

“Hey girl. Michael just got called into work. You want to come over and hang out?” Sydney asked pleadingly.

“Of course! Is something wrong, Syd?" Francie asked with a questionable tone.

"Nope. We just haven't seen eachother in a few days and there's no one else here, so I thought we could chat for a while."

"Sounds good. I'll be right over." They hung up their phones and Francie headed towards Sydney's home.

-----

Okay, so the first chapter consisted of phone conversations and PDA (inside their home? lol)...:P It gets better, I promise ;) I hope you guys like it so far!

I love this story! It's so cute! I hope Syd and Vaughn decide to make it "the three of us." Although, I'm very :thinking: about the whole one night stand thing. Was this before he met Sydney? I hope so. Wonderful start. Can I pwwease get a PM when you update? Thanks!

~Shammi~ :redhair:

Alias_luver33 said:
Although, I'm very  :thinking: about the whole one night stand thing. Was this before he met Sydney?
Yes! Sorry to make that unclear...yes, it was 8 years ago. He was around 28 or 29 and he hadn't met Sydney yet. ;)

OH NO! The baby's mother dies, then the baby comes to syd an Vaughn! am i right? am i?
--Mandy :angelic:
p.s. i love the start

mystery_chick said:
OH NO! The baby's mother dies, then the baby comes to syd an Vaughn! am i right? am i?
p.s. i love the start
lol! No Mandy but that would make for a good story... :P

And, ariesgirly2MV asked me to clear something up...Francie IS GOOD!!! :smiley:

I think it is very cute! I think it's a great start. I was hoping that you would put up another story, and yay!! I love your beginning, and I can't wait for more! Can I get a pm next time you update? Thanks

Love ya,

Lauren :angelic:

that was great and i cant wait to see wat happens next. im really glad u decided to do another fic. i loved "love is here to stay."

You named me at the beginning ! :cool:
I'll probably read it tonight (after the Alias rerun) or just when I have time (work and exams results the 4th)

aliasjunkie4ever said:
mystery_chick said:
p.s. i love the start
lol! No Mandy but that would make for a good story... :P
damn! um.... the mother wants the abandon the child? Sydney can't give birth so they adopt him/her? :D
--mandy :angelic:

This sounds like a great fic so far...i hope you write more soon, but...

Elizabeth is Beth isn't she? I mean, elizabeth? and her kid is 8 years old, and Vaughn got Beth pregnant 8 years ago...?

AH! i can't believe i didnt' realize that! So Sydney's friend wiht teh woman that Vaughn kocked up! and Beth named her Camillie and Vaughn's gonna meet her! AH! OMG!!!

mystery_chick said:
AH! i can't believe i didnt' realize that! So Sydney's friend wiht teh woman that Vaughn kocked up! and Beth named her Camillie and Vaughn's gonna meet her! AH! OMG!!!
aaahhhh ur completely right!!!! i jus realized that!!! omg!! wats gonna happen!?!!!!?!?! :jawdrop:

I know...how did i become so observant? i'm usually not...but i can't wait until Vaughn re-meets Beth and sees his daughter!

Back