Comedy Orange Is The New Black

Sheldon

Dreamsmasher
oitnb.JPG
sticker,375x360.u1.png
About: The story of Piper Chapman (Taylor Schilling), a woman in her thirties who is sentenced to 15 months in prison after she is convicted of a decade old crime of transporting money for her drug dealing girlfriend (Laura Prepon).

Has anyone watched any of this? As far as I know, this is a Netflix series only. I watched the entire first season, and loved it. It reminds me of the old show "Oz", but obviously in the female setting. I highly suggest it to anyone looking for a new show to watch.

I haven't checked to see if it's available on Netflix UK yet - but yeah, I'm sure it's a Netflix only series. Is it a serious drama or are there elements of comedy in it?

Is it a serious drama or are there elements of comedy in it?

I think its considered a comedy... I find it funny.

From Wikipedia:
Orange Is the New Black is an American comedy-drama series,[1] created by Jenji Kohan which first aired on Netflix on July 11, 2013.[2] The series, produced by Lionsgate Television, is based on Orange Is the New Black by Piper Kerman, a memoir about her own experiences in prison.[3] Orange is the New Black stars Taylor Schilling as Piper Chapman, a woman imprisoned for transporting drug money. The series also stars Laura Prepon as Alex Vause, a drug dealer and Piper's former lover, Michael J. Harner as prison counselor Sam Healy, Michelle Hurst as Miss Claudette, a fellow inmate, Kate Mulgrew as the inmate chef Red, and Jason Biggs as Piper's fiancé Larry Bloom.

On June 27, 2013, Netflix renewed Orange Is the New Black for a second season.[4]

It's weird as hell but also funny.. A few characters I really didn't like but it was an entertaining show.

Azhria Lilu if you are using google chrome for Netflix just get the add-on called mediahint. Whenever you want the US library switch it on and refresh Netflix. When you want the UK library switch it off.

Not needed for this show in particular though.

So you've watched it, eh?

Who do you like.

I find the CO in the picture above funny as hell. I like Red too. Well, until the last episode, then she kinda made me a bit angry. I haven't really found a connection to anyone yet overall though.

So you've watched it, eh?

Who do you like.

I find the CO in the picture above funny as hell. I like Red too. Well, until the last episode, then she kinda made me a bit angry. I haven't really found a connection to anyone yet overall though.
Yeah I watched it as soon as it was released. I like Red and Claudette. Strong characters with a lot of history... Both carry a lot of luggage with them, always.

Don't wanna spoil it for anyone, or you if you haven't finished...

But, do you think she's dead? And with that, you should easily know who I am talking about.

Don't wanna spoil it for anyone, or you if you haven't finished...

But, do you think she's dead? And with that, you should easily know who I am talking about.
Yeah I've watched it all and no I don't think so.. I'd like to believe that she snapped out of it.

I started watching it because I was bored and watched most everything else, like Sons of Anarchy and House of Cards. I didn't think I would like it but a wasted weekend watching all the episodes proved me wrong :D

I just finished watching the first season after starting two days prior.

The first episode was subpar but enough to grab my attention. I kept watching of course, and the show really progressed. It covered a ton of ground and there were some good lines. (Haha, get it? Lines)

Certainly not a show to watch when children are around, unless you're my kid.

Yup. But it requires quite a lot to actually kill someone with it.. The force + everything else.. Blood splatter however is easy to cause.

I've always been under the opinion that trying to reason with movies and television just leads to negativity and no enjoyment for most people.

As such, remember it is TV and anything is possible. :smiley:

Back