Politics General

Milo47 said:
Education does need money, education is what drives this countries different generations to make this country grow up! So I believe that Education money is definitely a necessity!
quote from a book:

"Education expert Susan Lacetti notes that, butween 1965 and 2000, the federal gov't poured over $100 billion into title one schools with our poorest kids. In 2000, sho found, $208 million of that money flowed in the state of Georgia. Yet it didnt do a darn thing to help!"

"More money is usually not the answer. Despite ten-fold increases from federal, state and local gov'ts over the past 20 years, overall academic performance by America's students ranks dead last among industrialized nations."

Milo47 said:
i'm glad you know facts and everything, but where's your solution dawg?
Im not an education expert, im a 15 year old kid who knows something is wrong. I live in a well off place in a very liberal town, and the schools are very good compared to others in the state and country. And i think our schools are terrible.

Its a complex problem, with many factors involved. Those include, location of school, parents, students, teachers, administrators, ect.

I dont know what to do, if I did, I would be somewhere else now.

well since you're only 15, maybe you should go outside and play instead of stating problems for no reason at all but just to bring down this country and bashing it. Because that's what you're doing. When you think of a solution for the schools, then you can bring up this argument again.

I'm not trying to be mean, but I hate it when people say bad things or state problems and state their facts and reasons but never have a solution to provide for their argument, therefore there's no point in stating it!

Milo47 said:
well since you're only 15, maybe you should go outside and play instead of stating problems for no reason at all but just to bring down this country and bashing it. Because that's what you're doing. When you think of a solution for the schools, then you can bring up this argument again.

I'm not trying to be mean, but I hate it when people say bad things or state problems and state their facts and reasons but never have a solution to provide for their argument, therefore there's no point in stating it!
Im not bashing the country.

Listen to what politicans say, a list of problems, no solutions....

exactly, that's what I'm sick and tired of....it's really annoying (therefore I suggest we dont' discuss anything problematic without a solution)

My whole thought is that we have a system now, and it does not work, why keep using it? If we waited till we had the solution worked out in our minds, we would be in deep dodo. Someone needs to pont out that its flawed.

that's great, but that person who points it out should have a solution suggestion for it.....how do you not get what i'm tryign to say??

Milo47 said:
exactly....THEY HAVE SOLUTIONS!!!!!! wow!
Thats my piont, the president, any president, is being spoonfed the solutions from advisors. The politition himself does very little of the thinking and prolly comes up with very few answers.

Back