Season 5 Pregnancy + "Sydney" = ?

Hickeroar

Cadet
OK, i guess they're starting filming on next season next month (or this month). How are they going to explain the fact that Sydney Bristow is suddenly pregnant? Somethin's gotta give...

On another note, my wife was looking at an issue of self magazine where Jen was interviewed before she knew she was pregnant and was talking about how she'd gained a few pounds from "not working out as much while filming." No...that would be the baby ;-)

yeah I read that too... I thought that was a little funny. I hope they make Syd preg. in season 5. It would look so stange if they didn't with her belly and everything. But about the suddenly preg... I never get how shows do their time over the summer. I mean some start the show like months have passed and others make it begin at the same moment it left off. How are they going to do that if she suddenly has a belly?

Well S4 didn't start off in Wittenberg..they jumped ahead a few months. It could be explained with flashbacks and things like that.
I trust JJ and the writers to make it believable.

julesvartan said:
Well S4 didn't start off in Wittenberg..they jumped ahead a few months. It could be explained with flashbacks and things like that.
I trust JJ and the writers to make it believable.
[post="1390176"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

well said Jules (y)

The lastest news is that they are going to write the pregnancy into the show. I am curious how that is going to fit in. Will it involve a Rambaldi storyline or will she and Vaughn be having a baby? This could have some interesting twists.

That's true the writers could do the episodes in such a way where they eventually, after she has the baby, go back and do flashbacks to when she wasn't pregnant.

this has probably been discussed...but weren't all her eggs removed when she was missing for 2 years???????? and didnt they make it clear that she destroyed them all when she went at them with a blow torch?

There has been speculation that when Syd destroyed the vials
with her eggs, just before Sark ran away he took a vial with him.
I think the episode was "Full Disclosure"

Also, I think they only harvested or extracted her eggs.
Your body still produces eggs unless you have your ovaries removed.
Even with only one ovary, it's still possible to get pregnant.

It would be a stupid twist and a peice of felgercarb if there was a typo in the script and
JJ went alnog with it that it would be someone else's, like, Sark's or Danny's or something?!!!!

TotalAliasFreak said:
It would be a stupid twist and a peice of felgercarb if there was a typo in the script and
JJ went alnog with it that it would be someone else's, like, Sark's or Danny's or something?!!!!
[post="1390641"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​
^^^^^^^^^^^^ Danny could come back ya know,

jadeygirl said:
[post="1390615"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​
Women are born with all of their eggs, we will never make more only lose them each month once we hit puberty.

Men are the ones who keep making sperm. how ever you were right about one thing. You can still get pregnant with only one ovary that contains eggs, except you will only have the chance every other month.

So Sydney CAN still get pregnant, because they only harvested on one side. the other side was never touched. I think Syd would not have destroyed her only chance of reproducing had both sides been harvested.

jadeygirl said:
[post="1390615"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​
No kidding. The scar was on one side; even if they took the whole thing, there is no problem. This should not be an issue.

they could have her in a coma from the crash for half the season too... just show her from the chest up and then they wont have to worry about the pregnancy thing.

Yeah i dought they are going to start the show right where they left off the only other time they have done that was in season 3 when she woke after two years. I think when we see her she will be pregnant and this whole time Vaughn will have been in acoma. And he wakes up and she explains what happen in those months in acoma in flashbacks. Hopefully when Vaughn explains about his lies they will do flashbacks too, sorta like a episode all in flashbacks several shows have done that.

This is off topic but Verdanheart is your avatar the new porcupine CD because it looks famelur. My dad just saw them in concert and bought the cd there he recently showed it too me i was just wondering. There a really cool band wish i could have seen them. ^_^

I think it would fit right into the drama that is about to unfold if the baby is Vaughn's. Whatever it is that he has done she will most likely come to accept but in the beginning (IMO) she will be pushing him away. If she is also pregnant with his child this will only add an additional dramatic twist so it is perfect. :smiley:

I can just imagine the yelling and then the long suffering silences and angsty looks. Jack will probably get involved... maybe even take Vaughn's side... Sydney will yell at him too. I can't wait!!! :woot:

I would love it if Irina makes an appearance and takes Vaughn's side... Spyparents teaming up on Sydney getting all into it. It could be like S2 when Sydney cut her leg (The Passage pt II?) and they both were like, "You're not fine." lol. But I think it is too much to ask to have spy mommy getting all in the middle of things at the beginning of the season.

:P

I think perhaps they will shoot her in the hospital, waist up, so you can't tell she's pregnant. Then while the doctors are fixing her up, they'll find out she's pregnant and tell her.

I don't think Spydaddy would side with Vaughn on this one Spydancer...

Or she is waking up from a coma and Vaughn is there with her, and the doctor comes in and says "your both fine, you and the baby". And Vaughn and Sydney didn't have a clue. Or Sydney knew and was going to tell him in Santa Barbra ? That's a theory :smiley:

i am just getting soo sick of this rambaldi thing its ridiculos! i mean this show is a drama spy show not a sci fi! the writers learned their lesson when abc almost canceled the show after the disasterous season 3 and abc will again if the writers get carried off with the 5th season.... i love alias and i would like it to stay on air and not into some sci fi show
o and though i would like to see "vaughn" and syd married with a baby- i still don't know how they would fit it into the show, i mean the show would really have changed but hopefully it will work out

Back