Project: Christmas

Here's Chapter 2:

Chapter Two: Brief Me!

*Jack POV*

I walk slowly down the path to the cell. I really don't want to do this. I have to, however. Time to brief Irina.

My daughter just happens to be on a mission. Alone. Okay, I'm a bit worried. I mean, why does Sydney have to go on that mission? Someone with friends, and people that love them shouldn't go on dangerous missions right before Christmas!

That is exactly why I wanted to go on that mission. I have no family except Sydney. And, as an added bonus, I could forget about what I lack for a few days. I can't do this, however, because of Ariana Kane.

I despise that woman. She does know the questions to ask, however...Thinking...

Time to brief Irina. Oh Joy! I approach the cell, where Irina is waiting.

"They told me you were coming," Irina says, looking up from the floor, where she was doing push-ups.

She blew a strand of hair off her face.

"Sark is planning to infiltrate a bunker in Moscow that contains strains and antidotes of various contagious viruses. He is planning to accomplish this after the holidays. In order to get the jump on him, we must act now. Since you are from Russia and all, we would like you to advise us on sending a team in to recover the strains and plans," I replied in a monotone.

Irina's eyes had a worried glint in them. This shocked me a little bit.

"What is the bunker called?" Irina asked very nervously.

That was rather odd. Laura was nervous. Laura? That calculating...Calm down. Curse her later. Now, back to work. Maybe I'll be able to get the intel before Sydney arrives here.

"It's called StalMed SDCD. Why?" I replied.

Irina gulped. "I have to go," She replied defiantly.

"Why should I appeal to Kendall for your release?" I asked, getting a feeling that an arguement was arising.

"Because, if you don't, thousands of people will die just because YOU can't trust me. I'd say that's a pretty good reason, eh, Jack?" Irina said, a little angry.

"What do you know about the place that's so special that whoever is going there would not know?" I yelled.

"Everything," She whispered hoarsely.

I spun on my heel and stormed out of the room. I grabbed Kendall and Mr. Vaughn, and practically threw them down the hallway. Mr. Vaughn obviously knew that I was pissed off, and understood not to question it.

Kendall, however, did not. "What is the meaning of this, Jack!? I was talking to Crane about an important breakthrough on the mysterious plant that you brought us when you yanked me away. I want answers!" Kendall barked.

Aww. He sounded like a dog. A little puppy who pretends that it's tough, but it's not...

I put him in a headlock. His shiny head almost made him faint when he was knocked into the wall.

"Derevko is requesting leaving the confines of her cell to assist us with the StalMed crisis. I am not happy about letting her go free, but with a no nonsense team, she could benefit the Agency." I replied, trying to maintain my control on my anger.

Kendall nodded. I let him go. He dusted himself off and pulled the keys out of his pocket. He unlocked Irina's cell and she cautiously stepped out, stretching her legs.

"Looks like you're going to Moscow. Do you have any requests for your team, Miss Derevko?" Kendall, asked curtly.

Irina stared straight into my eyes.

"Yes. I request that Agent Vaughn be on comms. for this op. I also request that Sydney and Jack accompany me on this mission." Irina replied evenly.

Kendall nodded and left.

Sydney burst in, panting, a few moments later. Vaughn walked up to her and explained the situation. After that, he handed her a large, colorful bag and she smiled. She hugged him good-bye and he left the hallway.

I was kind of annoyed with Mr. Vaughn, but I pushed it aside. His annoyance was nothing compared to Irina's annoyance. He did make my daughter happy, however.

Sydney turned to me.

"I have to go home and pack. Dad, Mom's with you. If you have any women's clothing around the house, pack it for her. I'll try to find some stuff for her. After you're done, come to my house, okay?" Sydney ordered.

I nodded. Sydney left. I took a deep breath. Oh boy. I walked out of the cell, Irina following me, and got to my car. I drove home and began the preparations for our trip.

MTC.........................................

- Sandra :redhair:

I'm just hyper little post girl today...I still have to get this one up on SD-1, update Gossip, Kate Jones, Focusing, AND both one parter threads. Add to that trying to get Kate Jones and Focusing on 2 sites and you get a mountain of work...*sigh*

Mystifying Mermaid said:
I'm just hyper little post girl today...I still have to get this one up on SD-1, update Gossip, Kate Jones, Focusing, AND both one parter threads. Add to that trying to get Kate Jones and Focusing on 2 sites and you get a mountain of work...*sigh*
well have fun then! :P lol. I'm so glad that you're doing all of this though... where would I be without the laughs that you supply me with daily? :smiley: love ya girl!

I still have to go to sd-1 and post a new chapter for Remnants, but I think I might do that tom... I'm to tired right now.

anyways... keep up the wonderful work. I love it so much and can't wait to see where you're going with this one... a wild ride I'm sure! :smiley:

~Jessica

Is it not way past Christmas??? HHHMMMMM>>>...... :eek: shouldn't you maybe post some mor great chapters for this awesome story for us very soon?? I just can't wait any longer! ;) :woot:

Back