Season 5 Rate: "Prophet Five"

What did you think of "Prophet Five"

• 5 - One of the best Alias episodes ever!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 4 - It was great!

• 3 - It was good

• 2 - It was OK

• 1 - It was bad

• Total voters
Just as Kendall was bored with Sydney's hunches, I am bored with Alias' fake deaths. I do think it was fake because of all the *looks* and *clues*--yeah, especially the stupid drinking of the drink. I don't want Vaughn to die, but I think another fake character death is worse. I predict they are going to revive him Sloane-and-Emily-style, and then have him make guest appearances every once and a while, but always in his new little universe, not with Syd, although they will probably send each other cute little texts on the phone. Good Lord. OK, I used to be a definite Syd and Vaughn girl (see my profile), but enough already, I am all for the Syd and Sark torrid love affair. Anyone with me?

Sorry everyone, but I have to say that that episode was one of the worst. Ah but to remember the good old days, beautiful editing, storyline, and screenplay.

What are my theories ?

1. Is Vaughn dead? I'm guessing no, his name was listed on as a main cast member and his funeral was very suspicous. JJ said look for clues, I still need to recap over the people attending the church (strange, I always thought the church would be a wedding scene. In all that is wonderful about Alias (or what it was) I want Vaughn's death to be an extraction by Irina, the whole hospital scene I was waiting for a nurse to come in and put something in his IV you know ?
(Has anyone looked up his name's meaning ?)

2. What is Prophet 5 ? They swore off of it so I sincerelly hope it has absolutely nothing to do with Rambaldi, but in a show like this ? My bet is that Rambaldi was part of a group of "prophet's" hence Prophet # 5.

Season 5 holds no promises, I am sad that JJ hasn't devoted his whole time to an episode in the past season and a half.

i absolutely agree with zinu 23.. worst episode ever. no tears from me... the only reaction was... this episode was felgercarb.

i know those are harsh words... bc i am a die hard alias fan - but i am first and foremost a syd/vaughn fan. it was too... easy.

"syd, im not vaughn, am andre.... ok vaughn, now that i know who u are, let me follow u and lets figure it out."

old syd woulda had a million questions and wouldnt have stopped til every single one was answered. AND that dean guy was a fake and no one from APO thought to verify before letting him snoop around? and the new girl.. how the hell is she smarter than marshall??? and she's gonna be the future girl wonder?

alias seems to be making everything too easy. season 1 and 2 was complicated.. but it was the best ever. im scared alias will not end well this season... please let me be wrong. i know its only the first episode and i need to give it a chance... but man... that episode broke my heart. total let down.

So true! S4 made him a wimp , but he KICKED BUTT today!!!!!!!!!!!!! Man, Vartan is sooooooooooooo hot, please JJ please, don't kill Vaughn, Syd and Vaughn need to be happy together!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Oh yeah! The part where we took out the guys who were interrogating him... I think that's when I begant o like Vaughn again! IT was nice to see him doing some real action again. Syd always seems to be the one doing the action when they are together so that was nice.

To quote Chris Farley in Tommy Boy, "Holy schnikes!" :eek: (n) I didn't sob but I got misty eyed a couple of times. I haven't felt this way since Maude Flanders died on The Simpsons. RIP Vaughn. (n) This is coming from a (primary) Swill shipper.

wow, wow, wow!!!! okay he is sooo not dead!!!! First Jack said he would do any thing to help the two of them, second Syd gives him a drink of something, third Syd doesn’t cry, fourth, instead of Jack and Syd hugging after he dies they communicate via eye contact, fifth, CLOSED CASSCET!!!!!! Sixth another odd look from syd to jack and back to Syd again. seventh, MV is in the credits as star and GG is only a guest even though he airs in another two episodes! so HMMMMM can we say JJ is a freaken genius?!!?

Isabella Vaughn! So cute!!! and I loved Marshal and his comment about how he should know Vaughn because they do lunch!!! so funny. I totally laughed hard on that line then I calmed down as I thought "wow Vaughn really lived up to his promise" then began laughing again.

I ranked this episode as great, It was well made and I thought a lot of time and talent went into faking Vaughn’s death. so WELL done! Oh and by the way JJ, I call Shotgun (no puns attended!) on the front seat of your roller coaster!

I couldn't vote because I'm reserving judgment to see what they do - if there remains a possibility that Not!Vaughn is not dead, and they commit to the Not!Vaughn storyline, then I'll say this ep was good(elevated from just ok because of Kickass!Vaughn in the beginning - OMG that man!). It def. lacked the "I can't believe this is tv because it's so well done" factor of earlier seasons, but it could be a great set up story-wise. BUT if they don't follow through on the Not!Vaughn storyline, and/or if we have no hope of seeing Vartan again, then I have to say this ep sucked terribly.

Can I just point something out. In this episode they just find out shes pregnant, they try to hide the fact that she is showing, so at this point in time she would only be like a month or so along. However there have been pics from the set with Vaughn running out of a building with syd who is clearly several months along at that point, so wouldnt that suggest that he is still alive, I refuse to believe he is dead.

did anyone else notice that she gives him something to drink right before he flat lines!!!!! and mabey their conver sation in their was like a goodbye type of thing and it was a closed casket and she didn't look as sad as she has looked before........

I saw that too, but I didn't make much of it at the time - then it occured to me that the same thing happened to Sloane shortly before his "execution" in S3 (something was slipped into the wine he drank beforehand, then he was revived afterward with a shot from Jack).

Between that and keeping MV's name in the main cast credits, I'm with those who have stated that Vaughn/Michaux is not really dead, but faked his death and is presently in hiding. (This is Alias, after all - no one [except Lauren] ever really stays dead on the show.)

ETA - forgot to add, I rated the episode a 4.

i don't think he is dead either - for the reasons that sydney l. bristow pointed out. i am, however, really tired of ppl dying and then coming back to life - we did it with irina, anna espinosa, evil francie, will (shoulda died in the fire but didnt), sloane... that method is getting really old.

i just felt this episode, as a premier, could have been more. perhaps i just always expect greatness from jj. lost is doing fantastic... i want jj to refocus back on alias and give me the attraction and chemistry that captivated me in season 1 and 2.

I was sobbing as well. So I called my friend Jessica (vaughnishawt) and we just sobbed and ranted about Vaughn's "death". It was sad. But we comforted each other. And tomorrow, I'm going to tell her that after my initial shock, I realized by coming on here, that's there hope that he isn't truly dead.

you know there was a point where Sydney says "You killed my baby's father" I don't know if it's just a race thing but the sentences that kept running through my mind are
"Who dat is?"
"That just my baby daddy!"
but that's just probably me.

I wanted to point out one more thing as to why I think Jack and Syd are hiding Vaughn. Well I pointed out my thoughts on Syd giving Vaughn a drink, here is some more to that theory of it being something to fake his death. JJ told us to look for clues to Vaughn’s "Death" and so I did. when The doctors came in after he "DIED" and pulled the sheet up over his head, The cameras zoomed in on Syd and the cup with the straw. It was plain as day that they wanted that cup to be in the shot. Syd is off to the right side of the shot and the cup off to the left, both bold and staged!!!! man, I can't wait to find more clues. this is like finding Waldo!!!

I hate to say it. I really do. But with this opener, ALIAS has jumped the shark. I can't help thinking Vaughn was written off the show for real life romantic conflicts of interest. I wish Varten the best of luck as an actor, I really REALLY do, but I think ALIAS just committed plugged as many holes in its soul at the bad guys did in Vaughn. Of course I'll watch a few more episodes, but if this season doesn't quickly recover, it will be the last.

I have a couple things to say

I do think vaughn is dead and goen and not coming back
1.its very possible they killed him off they did it to oen of the guys in csi miami first epi
2.sloane tells syd that revenge is not the answer so if there is any chance of vaughn being alive syd has no idea about it
3.beforse she kickes the guy in the cahir for next epi she says you killed my babys fatehr
4.if she gave him something in that drink WHY DID THEY SHOCK HIM

I wanted to point out one more thing as to why I think Jack and Syd are hiding Vaughn. Well I pointed out my thoughts on Syd giving Vaughn a drink, here is some more to that theory of it being something to fake his death. JJ told us to look for clues to Vaughn’s "Death" and so I did. when The doctors came in after he "DIED" and pulled the sheet up over his head, The cameras zoomed in on Syd and the cup with the straw. It was plain as day that they wanted that cup to be in the shot. Syd is off to the right side of the shot and the cup off to the left, both bold and staged!!!! man, I can't wait to find more clues. this is like finding Waldo!!!

yep yep yep!! and why was the coffin closed?? i mean its not like his face was all banged up... he isnt dead!! they would not just kill him off that easily....and syd probably doesnt know when she is gonna see hm again and thats why all the crying...

cant wait for next week!

i'm in the minority here but i give it a 10!

Gabby

There are a few things that don't add up:

1. The doctor told Syd that Vaughn just came out of surgery and should be in recovery for a while and when Sydney walks in the room, Vaughn is wide awake.

2. Jack is on the phone with Weiss and Marshall with a plan to extract Vaughn. Jack says that as soon as Vaughn is "well enough" they will take him to safer location. Never was there mention that Sydney would go along with him or should know about it.

3. The drink: She gives him something to drink, says goodbye and then a few seconds later, he says he his tired and then...he flat lines and Syndey is pushed outside the hospital door. this is a CIA hospital and Jack is the new Director...so that could mean that Jack plan the extraction with or without Sydney's knowledge.
something must have been slipped in his drink. (just like they did to the guy at the party earlier in the episode. the champagne glass....the guy drank it and collapsed.)

4. Sydney and Jack's reaction to it all. No hugs between father and daughter...just weird looks that speak volume.

5. the closed casket. You think they would show Vaughn's face, so that we know for sure that he's dead and Sydney's reaction as she looked at the casket was kinda of odd.

6. Sydney waited 6 months after "Vaughn's death" to track down Renée Reinne and seek revenge on Vaughn's killer. Why 6 months later? Something is up.

I was crying my eyes out...but as I rewatched it last night, things are never how they appear. I am keeping the faith that he is alive.

* cross fingers that I am right*

JJ mentioned clues...well us viewers are smart, we'll find out the truth. one way or another.

Have a great day!

:smiley:

CJ

I'm able to think that this was a GREAT episode (schocking great), only seeing your strong (good or bad) reactions... For me... I have to see the episode yet (I come from Italy), but for an awful conicidence, today has been one of the awful days of my life... At 6 o'clock this morning in Italy my dog (for me she was like a child) is died... so... I don't think that Vaughn's dead will shock me at all... 🇳🇴

another thing that I forgot.

How did the black guy (Dean) and the other guy know where Vaughn was meeting his contact? or that Vaughn had the book with him? There was no indication about the mission in Cape Town...no official briefing that Vaughn had stolen the book.

They showed up just a few minutes after Sydney and Vaughn got there and how convenient that a train just happened to pass by while Sydney was trying to get to Vaughn.

To many things don't add up.

Back