Season 5 Rate: "Prophet Five"

What did you think of "Prophet Five"

• 5 - One of the best Alias episodes ever!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 4 - It was great!

• 3 - It was good

• 2 - It was OK

• 1 - It was bad

• Total voters
Okay I am so in denial I was watching it with a friend and we both look at eachother with our mouths hang open and with tears in our eyes thinking what a mess they have made or at least that is what I was thinking. But I did read somewhere that by the end of episode 2 we will be questioning everything we thought we knew and by the end of episode 3 we'll be doing the same thing. Just as everyone said WTF was with syd not crying at the funeral? He's not dead because if he is they have gotten rid of one of the best characters of all time. Did anyone else see that Jennifer produced the episode or was that just me paying to close attention?

Sarkattack after reading your post you bring up a good point the whole thing could have been faked like sloanes death in season 3 was. I keep telling myself that Michael Vartan said that vaughn wasn't going to dye so maybe he didn't. The whole closed casket was kind of weird.

he is alive. they wouldn't kill him off. the way jack said he would do anything for the 2 of them. they rigged something so the manuscipt guys would finally think they terminated him. what wuz brought up before about something being in the drink that syd gave him. she wasn't cryin at the funeral at all. syd is very emotional and would of been a wreck. hes not dead there is way more to this. he will be back some how.

Here's my reaction to "Prophet Five"
I knew she was going to knock that guy out.
YAY! Sydney found out and now Vaughn knows. It was at an odd time though. Overall the premiere is going good. During the elevator thing all I was thinking was oh now they're going to die! Just like all those other guys! :lol: NO WAY! I knew that guy was a double agent!!!!! I knew it!
NOOoooooooooo NOT Vaughn! :( The bad guys got the information! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOoooooooo NOT VAUGHN! He's dead! *crys* He's gone! :byesad: :vaughn1: Maybe he'll come back

I saw that Jen produced the episode!

That was an AMAZING episode. I've watched it twice and cried both times!

I don't think he's killed off. His name wasn't in the guest star list thing (I'm slightly out of it, atm. Sorry if I'm not making any sense.. :P ), but with Jen and Victor in the "starring" thing. Unlike Weiss, who was in guest stars :cry:

That gives me hope. I haven't read through your reactions so I don't know if you already said that ;)

I can't wait for more Alias!!

He is not dead. Not even close. The clues are in the episode. Syd gave Vaughn some liquid through the straw in the hospital. Jack probably helped her, since he did that to Sloane before. Look at the facial expressions between Syd and Jack when Vaughn flatlined. They were up to something for sure.

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: OH MY GOD! That idea NEVER even crossed my mind!!! The expressions on their faces were, specially Sydnys were just way to...blank and emotionless not only after he flatlined but during the funeral. That makes perfect sence. I suppose we shall have to wait and see. I knew Vaughn wasn't dead but your spin on how they will fake it is awesome...

Michael Vartan Announcement by Kristen of E!

"Ok, so now you KNOW. Vaughn is dead. And I think you can see now why I tried to prep you a bit ... It was devastatingly, shockingly HEARTBREAKING, was it not?

This is what I have to say: Yes, of course, M. Vartan will be truly missed. But I didn't HATE the episode -- thought it was the start of what could be a great season, actually.

And, here's the part you really want to hear: I'm 99 percent certain that although Michael Vartan might no longer be a series regular, this is NOT the last we will see of him on Alias."

So, does this mean that we will see Vaughn in flashbacks?

God damn you JJ!!!
When vaughN got shot I was sure he was dead. And then when I saw he was in a hospital I was sure he'd make it. thne he flatlined and then all the doctors came in and I thought that the writers are just giving us a suspensful moment and in the next scene Sydney was holding his hand and I thought he was alive and then I realised he was dead, when they covered him. GOD!!!!!!! NO!!!!!!!!!! THIS EPISODE COULD HAVE BEEN A BEGGINNING FOR SOMETHING WONDERFUL. NOOOOOOOOOOO!!

S***W you JJ!!!!!!

I slept on it and I'm still pissed. Mainly because the gool alias days have gone.

BTW, did anyone else realize that Rachel Nicols was "daddy's little girl" at the party too? 'Cos yeah, she was, then she was the computer analyst. That's how she knew where S/V were.

Unfortunately, I've seen so many characters "die" on this series, that my reaction was . . . Yeah. Right. :lol:

It will be a miracle if Vaughn turns out to be dead. Trust me. ;)
✌️

First of all, good episode. Not the best, certainly not the worst. I really do think we'll see Vartan again, and no, I don't think it'll be flashbacks. I keep going back to the scene at the funeral when Marshall, Dixon, Weiss, Jack and co. were carrying the casket out of the church. The look exchanged between Jack and Sydney. On her face, to me, it was like a look of relief. Like they pulled something off. If I were to guess, I would say we won't see him again until maybe episode 19 or 20. But I do think he'll be back. C'mon guys, this is Alias. No one ever stays dead, to the detriment of the show or not.

Plus J.J. addressed all the hub-bub of Vartan's supposed departure a couple of weeks ago by basically saying nothing is what it seems. Just let it play out.

I slept on it and I'm still pissed. Mainly because the gool alias days have gone.

BTW, did anyone else realize that Rachel Nicols was "daddy's little girl" at the party too? 'Cos yeah, she was, then she was the computer analyst. That's how she knew where S/V were.

I don't think Rachel Nichols and "daddy's little girl" were the same person. But since I did DVR the episode I will be watching it again today. An random thought - I love watching Sesaon 4 on TNT.

I am so furious, and have been since the last few minutes of the episode.

I am done with Alias, I am not watching. The relationship of the two was one of the main reasons I became addicted to this show.
But, no more.

I am also boycotting Lost.
Don't care who "the others" are, don't care about the stupid numbers.......

There is no way Vaughn is dead. They never showed him in the casket, and they closed the blinds when they were trying to revive him, so we never saw him actually dead. Remember, Jack authorized whatever was needed to be able to extract Vaughn and Syd back to the States. So Vaugh is alive, recovering, and Syd is doing everything for him until he is able to come back.

OMG,CHILDREN CALM DOWN!!!!! You are all FREAKING out! Think it through!
Jay,ITA with you! I firmly believe that Syd and Jack planned this.
If I have to say it a million times,JACK will DO ANYTHING FOR SYD!
Vaughn may not be his first chioce for his daughters husband or grandchild's daddy,but he knows that Vaughn loves Syd.SO therefore..Jack will do whatever it takes to make Syds life better,to make her happy!
and we all know that Jack has the power and conncetions to make this sort of thing happens!

So people....go take some xanax,RELAX!!! Deep breaths! Jees! :rolleyes:

I AM A MESS!! I started the episode in my chair watching the episode with me friends, the last 10 minutes I was on the floor, and as soon as ALIAS flashed on the screen I was a wreck. So Angry! I am trying hard to censor my language and not swear and tell you how I really feel....but killing Vaughn? I don't care if he is Michaux...He will always be Vaughn...and now he is dead! I am so distraught...it is horrible how emotionally connected I am to this show!! I am just so sad...what do we do now???

If you recall, Jack made a call to have Vaughn removed from the hospital. Jack is behind this. Vaughn was extracted. Jack said "I'll do anything I can to help you two".

I got home last night for work and i gave it a 2 but i know I'm being a little harsh! I'm still made about the fact that they killed vaughn!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :angry: but i still have to watch it beacause in my heart i hope he really isnt died but I'm not sure! :thinking:
SYD

If you recall, Jack made a call to have Vaughn removed from the hospital. Jack is behind this. Vaughn was extracted. Jack said "I'll do anything I can to help you two".

Something else about some of you people that are freaking out,Because MV is "Supposedly" gone,alot of you are going to "quit" the show!

I honestly don't understand that mentality...it is like throwing a juvenile temper-tantrum!
:angry:
It happened with the fans of X-FILES too,When Mulder was "abducted" and found "dead" in Season 8....and well he wasn't dead!
Vartan could be doing the same thing.
I really think that all you "QUITERS" should just watch and wait and see!
Just when ALIAS needs all the ratings it can get this season...you all just want to throw in the towel! GMAFB! :rolleyes:

:RAISES HAND: ME!!!!!!!!

but mandy you dont reallly think hes dead right?!?!?! I NEED SUPPORTERS!!!!!!!

I totally agree with you--he is not dead--they have taken him someplace safe to recover while they try to find our the story behind the Prophet 5. The freaking government tried to kill him so they have to hide him. Those strange looks from jack and Sydney--I think--support this.

I just thought of this after my other post--it is very possible he was wearing a bullet proof vest. They stop or slow bullets but don't stop the momentum as they hit a person so you can still get substantial bleeding and major bruising which could have explained the organ damage that the doctor talked about after the surgery. When he "flatlined" and they removed his gown to use the paddles--you didn't see a bunch of bullet wounds did you?

Back