React 1.17

ITS UP! ITS UP! The thread is up! :happydance:

Ok. Now what's up with Walt. He's crazy. Crazy fool. :mellow:

Well no. I guess I understand him. He doesn't have to go to school on that island. :mellow:

I sorta felt bad for Jin, but I mean dude. You wanted to start over, and you got the chance but you made the wrong choice man. -_-

Sawyer: "Down there...it's Lord of the Flies " :lol: You gotta love him :D

And in the end where Hurley's music stopped I thought it was my tv. It was cool how the music ended abruptly. I like random things :mellow:

ETA: Oh and Locke is by far the freakiest person on the island. How on EARTH does the man know exactly what's going on with everyone :blink: :shocked:

All in all...uber-cool episode :D :smiley: :cool:

yendys47 said:
Um, yeah!! I mean, I didn't like moving a lot either, but would I want to stay on an island and eat boars instead? Um, nooooo. :rolleyes:

And in the end where Hurley's music stopped I thought it was my tv. It was cool how the music ended abruptly. I like random things :mellow:
I loved that!! At first, I was thinking of Alias and when they played it last season, but when it cut out ... hee. So funny.

ETA: Oh and Locke is by far the freakiest person on the island. How on EARTH does the man know exactly what's going on with everyone :blink: :shocked:
OMG. I just don't get how he manages to know what every person's issue is ... although, now in the back of my mind, I kept thinking of Azy saying he's a figment of all their imaginations. :lol: I hope that's not it!

hotpot said:
OMG. I just don't get how he manages to know what every person's issue is ... although, now in the back of my mind, I kept thinking of Azy saying he's a figment of all their imaginations. :lol: I hope that's not it!
[post="1229984"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

ahahahah...oh taht'd be so awesomely freaky. :lol:

You think J.J. might be a little obsessed with that song? :lol: How many times have we heard it now?

But now I'm worried about Hurley. The way the music stopped playing seemed kind of ominous and symbolic - how it sort of got "cut off" prematurely. Maybe I'm reading too much into it. But it was weird how the camera focused on him for a long time after it happened. Looks like he'll be in danger in his episode next week. I hope nothing happens to him! He's the comic relief! :(

So I guess Jin's not such a bad guy after all. I wonder if he and Sun will reconcile? It's obvious they're in love, but it was pretty liberating when she got to walk into the ocean in her bathing suit. I'm not sure if I like them better together or apart.

Sayid and Shannon are very cute. I'm even starting to like Shannon. I'm glad at least one couple is seeing some action...maybe it'll make the wait for Kate/Sawyer shippers (or Kate/Jack shippers) a little easier. I also want to see a Charlie/Claire kiss sometime in the future. :love:

I didn't see the revelation about Walt coming at all! Strange kid. Yeah, it'd be fun for awhile, but doesn't he get bored? Doesn't he miss having other kids around? He's a little creepy...just like Locke.

What the heck happened to the other 30-odd people on the island? They must have an agreement with the interesting people that they just have to vaguely hang around in the background whenever anything important happens. :lol:

It's kinda funny, cuz i was watching the ep...and i just think...who could've burned the raft?...locke...? well maybe, but that'd just be dumb...the idea of walt doing it just passed through my mind...like in one ear and out the other, so to speak...

then, locke goes "why'd you burn the raft?" and i wasn't really paying attention, cuz my sister was talking to me, and i hear it, and then turn to the tv...i'm like :eek: he did what now???

you probably don't really care but i just thought i'd tell you all

Did anyone else notice what looked like Hurley getting into/standing by a car on the TV when Jin when to that guy's house the first time? Or did I imagine that it was him? :thinking: Was it like one of those weird deals when Boone was at the police station and they were bringing in Sawyer when he was sitting there?

It IS Hurley. Go to Lost Media to check out the screencaps and an explanation.

Those of you who have been reading spoilers will know what it's about...

yendys47 said:
ITS UP! ITS UP! The thread is up! :happydance:

Well no. I guess I understand him. He doesn't have to go to school on that island. :mellow:
[post="1229966"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

:lol: Yeah I guess I would do that too! Haha.

Was that last song at the end on Alias? It sounds famliar!!! Oh man, I almost cried when that girl's dad took her dog and gave it to Jin! So that's where the dog came from! At first I thought it was just a stuffed animal, and I was like THAT DAD IS MESSED UP! But it was real!!! -_-

Azalea said:
You think J.J. might be a little obsessed with that song? :lol:  How many times have we heard it now?

But it's Damien Rice. So it rocks.

But now I'm worried about Hurley.  The way the music stopped playing seemed kind of ominous and symbolic - how it sort of got "cut off" prematurely.  Maybe I'm reading too much into it.  But it was weird how the camera focused on him for a long time after it happened.  Looks like he'll be in danger in his episode next week.  I hope nothing happens to him!  He's the comic relief! :(

You're not reading too much into it. I though that too.

So I guess Jin's not such a bad guy after all.  I wonder if he and Sun will reconcile?  It's obvious they're in love, but it was pretty liberating when she got to walk into the ocean in her bathing suit.  I'm not sure if I like them better together or apart.

I still do not like Jin. He bugs me. Although the scene with him and his dad was really sweet. And I loved the liberation of Sun letting the towel free.

Sayid and Shannon are very cute.  I'm even starting to like Shannon.

Well look at my av- I already do like Shannon. I love Shannon, she's my favorite character. But I hate Shayid. Ick.

Natalia said:
It IS Hurley. Go to Lost Media to check out the screencaps and an explanation.

Those of you who have been reading spoilers will know what it's about...
[post="1230147"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​
Ah, okay. I'm trying to avoid spoilers for this and Alias, so I just was making sure I wasn't imagining it. ^_^

Yea yea yea. I noticed that it was Hurley today and Sawyer the other day as well..... (y)

Oh man...now I have to try my best not to read the spoilers 🇳🇴

ETA: And suzi...the bubbly :lol: :lol:

Azalea said:
So I guess Jin's not such a bad guy after all.  I wonder if he and Sun will reconcile?  It's obvious they're in love, but it was pretty liberating when she got to walk into the ocean in her bathing suit.  I'm not sure if I like them better together or apart.
Ha! What have I been saying? I thought you'd like him better when you saw his side of things. He signed on with dad because of Sun . . . he ended up covered in blood to save a man's life . . . Like Daniel Dae Kim says about his character, "This is the way I think about Jin. He is a man who commits 100 percent of himself to the thing he believes in. Once he got to the island, he fund out that the things he believed in were not necessarily worth believing in. It really shook his world. He's in a recovery process, so he's questioning everything about himself. He's questioning the choices he's made about his past. It's leaving him very vulnerable and insecure and scared. That's why he takes the actions he does sometimes. My favorite thing about the [Feb. 23] episode is that emotionally the stakes were incredibly high. Jin, on the island, is so hard and standoffish, but in my episode, you see him being totally the opposite. You see him being loving, you see him being loyal. You see him being honorable. You see him being compassionate."

The funny thing is, that both of them want to get away from Sun's father. Jin thought that the only way he could have his dream, Sun, was to make a deal with the devil, her father. But that was the sure way to lose his dream. The big problem is that they both stopped talking to each other. Sun started plotting to run away, and even when she stopped doing that she continued to rebel against him, doing things that she knew provoked him, like unbuttoning her shirt or putting on the bikini--c'mon, do you think she didn't have a clue what would happen? She wants change but doesn't want to, like, actually communicate. While that's going on, she can understand what's going on with everyone, but he can't. Is it that she's scared of him, or is she happy to finally have a "power" that he doesn't? Or is this part of what the bikini rebellion is all about? A struggle for dominance?

Meanwhile, Jin was planning to exit dad's corporation once they hit America, but he never bothered to tell Sun. She still doesn't know, does she? But we do. I don't know . . . it's hard for me not to respect Jin's decision not to share his guilt with his wife--particularly because he took on this burden of guilt in order to win her. But because he's chosen to carry his burden alone, the gulf between them sprung up and grew. And when they were marooned on the island and had a chance to start over, Sun contributed to the problem by refusing to translate, thereby increasing his isolation. Yes, he's been too agressive towards his wife and approached things the wrong way, but let's also remember that he's desperate and he was all too aware that he was losing her. Well, he let her go, didn't he? And no wonder.

I didn't see the revelation about Walt coming at all!  Strange kid.  Yeah, it'd be fun for awhile, but doesn't he get bored?  Doesn't he miss having other kids around?  He's a little creepy...just like Locke. 
[post="1230041"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​
:lol: When they hauled Jin out I told my husband (can't believe he came down to watch with me) "I bet it was Walt who burnt the raft because he doesn't want to leave the island." So I got to say "See?" when Locke brought it up. :D

I wonder if Walt would have let them kill Jin over that? :Ponder:

AgentDesertRose said:
But it's Damien Rice. So it rocks.
You're not reading too much into it. I though that too.
I still do not like Jin. He bugs me. Although the scene with him and his dad was really sweet. And I loved the liberation of Sun letting the towel free.
Well look at my av- I already do like Shannon. I love Shannon, she's my favorite character. But I hate Shayid. Ick.
[post="1230222"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​
You don't like Sayid and Jin, but you love Shannon . . . O ... K ... :thinking: I guess we can agree to disagree. :lol: I thought, well, I guess Sayid doesn't have a whole lot of choices . . .

I guess I can see still not liking Jin because of his fights with Sun, but I see many factors at work--and two sides to the story. Sun might not have laid a hand on Jin, but she pretty much ensured that other people did by not speaking up until things got really desperate.

verdantheart said:
:lol: When they hauled Jin out I told my husband (can't believe he came down to watch with me) "I bet it was Walt who burnt the raft because he doesn't want to leave the island." So I got to say "See?" when Locke brought it up.  :D

:rotflmao: ... completely off topic -- but this made me laugh.... because it's an extremely rare Wednesday evening in my house where my husband actually joins me for my two favorite shows.... you're not alone.... :lol:

freakforalias said:
:rotflmao: ... completely off topic -- but this made me laugh.... because it's an extremely rare Wednesday evening in my house where my husband actually joins me for my two favorite shows.... you're not alone.... :lol:
[post="1231389"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​
I'm on the other side of that coin. My wife won't watch Lost or Alias with me. She's always watching some fashion or home decorating show. *sigh*

Anyway, I thought this was another great episode last night. I suspected Walt right away, as some you did, except I said "I knew it" during the Locke/Walt scene to the tv as said wife was watching something else in the bedroom. I enjoyed seeing how Jin was not the way most of us probably assumed he was (including me somewhat) from the first Jin/Sun episode. I also think the fact that the batteries ran out in Hurley's CD player wasn't just random, it's going to be very symbolic. That's all I'm going to say.

I think next week is going to be fantastic.

freakforalias said:
[post="1231389"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​
Continuing off topic - my husband watches Lost, but leaves when Alias comes on. Go figure :lol:

Ok, i really, really liked last night's episode, but i was REALLY surprised to find it was Walt...I was like :jawdrop: My mom was like, "Figures." And I was like, "OMV, what do you mean figures." And so yeah. But I was like "OMV too when Jin didn't go back to Sun at the end...I mean that's so freaking sad. *sigh*

Riley xoxo

Another great episode, it keeps getting better and better IMO.

Can you belive it's already beenn 17 episodes? That means the season will be over pretty soon (is it 21 or 24 episodes?) :(.

My favorite character (but not when it comes to hotness ;)) is still Locke, and he's getting stronger every week. He's amazing. I had forgotten that he's actually SEEN the monster/spirit of the island (in episode 3 or 4, wich was on in Sweden this wednesday) and got away alive and probably very altered. I wonder what his next story will reveal?

Shannon and Sayid, so cute :love: . It warmed my heart. It's nice when everything isn't bad and horrible on the island all the time.

verdantheart said:
You don't like Sayid and Jin, but you love Shannon . . . O ... K ... :thinking:  I guess we can agree to disagree. :lol: I thought, well, I guess Sayid doesn't have a whole lot of choices . . .
[post="1230989"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

Well I don't really like Jin, but I do like Sayid. I just don't like Shannon with Sayid. I love Shannon with Boone.

I believe the season is 22 episodes, like Alias.

GarnerForEmmy said:
I also think the fact that the batteries ran out in Hurley's CD player wasn't just random, it's going to be very symbolic. 
[post="1231399"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​
Yeah. Me too. :(

AliasFanSweden said:
My favorite character (but not when it comes to hotness ;))
[post="1231838"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​
Hm, and who would that be?

I like Locke, too--and, I agree, not the "hottest." ;)