Season 5 React: The Horizon

How would you rate "The Horizon"?

• 5 - One of the best Alias episodes ever!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 4 - It was great!

• 3 - It was good

• 2 - It was OK

• 1 - It was bad

• Total voters
Ok, did anyone else noticed that the two face shots of Lena were clearly from Season 2? The reflection in the glass and the one face shot as if she were looking at Amy Acker were both from Season 2 (I just rewatched it on DVD this week, and I'm 99% sure it is). All they had to do was get Lena to record a line of voice over and a stand in for the back-of-the-head walking away shot. This makes sense since I'm pretty sure Lena was doing other things when this episode was shot, and by using previous footage and a small voice over they could get away with not having her name in the credits, thus upping the surprise value and setting up her return when Alias returns from hiatus. I'm SOOO happy they went this route and got us some Lena again!

Oh, and go Syd for deceiving her mother this time (and not the other way around!)

OMG!!! I did not see that one coming!! I read spoilers....and wasnt expecting her back til later!! This was definitly the best episode of the season!! But as I was watching I caught alot of things that could explain where vaughn is...if he isnt "dead". Did anybody else catch anything??

I miss Vaughn....the show really needs him back!!!!! :(

OOOOOHHHHHH God best ep of the whole season I just love it Lena Olin do I need to said more. Bravo for the producers even if the use old clips to do this scene it was the best they should have done that on S3 I was really surprise this was truly old school alias. WOW BEST 100TH EP.

OOOOOHHHHHH God best ep of the whole season I just love it Lena Olin do I need to said more. Bravo for the producers even if the use old clips to do this scene it was the best they should have done that on S3 I was really surprise this was truly old school alias. WOW BEST 100TH EP.
... This wasn't the 100th episode.... the 100th episode is episode 12. ;)

--Mandy :angelic:

I've never posted on here, but this episode was by far one of the best this season & I just wanted to say something.

:jawdrop: OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That's exactly how I felt after seeing Irina behind the glass. I am in just total shock. I didn't see Michael Vartan's name in the opening credits either or did I just miss them. Vaughn saying "I have to go away." in the hospital scene makes me think he will be back. I'm still lost over this whole Prophet 5 thing though. Anyone wanna clue me in would be great. Email BSheebs1978@yahoo.com.
Sad to see Alias leave after this season, but at least it'll go out with a bang. Once Season 5 comes out on DVD, I plan on having my own Alias marathon & watching at least one episode a week. Should be fun times. :D

I totally noticed that those were Season 2 shots....if you noticed, they never showed her talking...and they never showed the back of her head when she was talking to Peyton....that was good editing though. You had to be a TRUE Alias fan to pick up on that one...I so called it as soon as they showed it. Because Irina had her jail cell unifrom on in the second shot! Lol.

I rated it a 5....it was freakin awesome!! Jen and Michael did an awesome job recreating all of those scenes...they were dead on!!! That is amazing!

And Vaughn is sooooo alive...I just know it!

And what the heck? Did they actually talk about Horizon? I must have totally missed that part!

Once “The Horizon” got about 45 minutes through, it was “Oh my God” time for me and probably many other people that watched it.

When I saw Irina’s face in that double-sided mirror, I think my heart jumped or something, because I was totally shocked!! I had no indication as to when Irina was going to reappear this season, so I just couldn’t believe it! That was totally insane!!

The flashbacks of Sydney and Vaughn were really cool too. It was like a Sydney/Vaughn relationship history lesson or something. “You just threw your phone into the Pacific…twice.” Those scenes were pretty cool.

The ending to this episode was season finale quality, because it was so shocking!! What is going on with Sydney’s baby?? Did they take it out?? The doctor said: “The baby could even come out right now if it wanted to.” (or something like that) to Sydney and Jack. Now I realize the significance of that scene, and I am totally freaking out right now!! They left her on a barge or something, and Jack finds the crib. She must have had the baby taken out, because of Jack’s reaction to the crib.

I still have to give this episode a 4, because the other 45 minutes or so was kind of boring to me in some spots. Still mostly good, but the ending is what really left me in a state of shock (for a few seconds). Absolutely amazing ending!!! Definitely something that had to be done in order to keep us in suspense during the hiatus.

I can’t believe ABC tried to make a preview for the rest of the series. If you don’t tape it, how are you ever supposed to remember what it was about in 8 weeks! Oh well, I taped it, so I don’t care that much.

8 weeks…8 weeks…8 weeks…

If it was the end of a season I’d be OK, but this long of a break during the season is too much.

Tooooooooo looooooooong!

-- Josh

The only other time I said "holy sh*t" out loud while watching ALIAS was when they showed Francie with a bullet hole in her forehead. HELLLLLO SPYMOMMY!!!

Once “The Horizon” got about 45 minutes through, it was “Oh my God” time for me and probably many other people that watched it.

When I saw Irina’s face in that double-sided mirror, I think my heart jumped or something, because I was totally shocked!! I had no indication as to when Irina was going to reappear this season, so I just couldn’t believe it! That was totally insane!!

The flashbacks of Sydney and Vaughn were really cool too. It was like a Sydney/Vaughn relationship history lesson or something. “You just threw your phone into the Pacific…twice.” Those scenes were pretty cool.

The ending to this episode was season finale quality, because it was so shocking!! What is going on with Sydney’s baby?? Did they take it out?? The doctor said: “The baby could even come out right now if it wanted to.” (or something like that) to Sydney and Jack. Now I realize the significance of that scene, and I am totally freaking out right now!! They left her on a barge or something, and Jack finds the crib. She must have had the baby taken out, because of Jack’s reaction to the crib.

I still have to give this episode a 4, because the other 45 minutes or so was kind of boring to me in some spots. Still mostly good, but the ending is what really left me in a state of shock (for a few seconds). Absolutely amazing ending!!! Definitely something that had to be done in order to keep us in suspense during the hiatus.

I can’t believe ABC tried to make a preview for the rest of the series. If you don’t tape it, how are you ever supposed to remember what it was about in 8 weeks! Oh well, I taped it, so I don’t care that much.

8 weeks…8 weeks…8 weeks…

If it was the end of a season I’d be OK, but this long of a break during the season is too much.

Tooooooooo looooooooong!
-- Josh
She was still very much pregnant in the final scene. :lol:

--mandy :angelic:

>< irina again.... she is never dead but vaughn is a bloody mess...

^ haha true that...

I dont know about this ep...for me I liked last week's ep more...

I wasn't completely surprised about it...I think that line about taking over thirty years to find the Horizon got me thinking of when Irina had appeared for the first time...

SEeing her back, however, made me smile and cheer. She's always been my fav character and so I'm glad she's back, even if she's on the bad side. :D

I didn't really like all the flashbacks...

nothing really happened besides flashbacks in this ep...so yeah, that got me too...

And since I’m rewatching the episode, some more thoughts.

I noticed in the scene when Syd gets kidnapped and Renee is shooting the van… there are people walking casually by in the background. Guess people pull out guns and shoot at cars often in this neighborhood that people don’t care anymore ;)

Wasn’t the guy Renee caught the one that looked like her father? What was the POINT of that whole subplot now if she killed him? That part really confuses me, especially since the start of the season revolved around the mystery of who was in the box.

I’m a little unnerved of their use of so many guest stars over the regulars they have. I’d prefer episodes with more of the regulars than a ton of guest stars that have all the air time, especially considering we don’t know much about three of the new ones. Yes, I know there was Syd, Jack, Vaughn (guest star but, eh, you know), but what about Sloane, Marshall, Dixon, Rachel, Thomas, Renee? It’s more like they should be the guest stars with their 5 second scenes.

Here’s my theory on the whole situation. Irina set up Prophet Five long ago to fulfill the Rambaldi prophecy. I’m under the assumption, however, that she truly loves Sydney and won’t hurt her. Elena tried to fulfill the prophecy her way but Irina got rid of that. Now Irina is trying to end it all and is somehow going to destroy Prophet Five, but for the viewer it’s going to look like she’s the bad guy and that she betrayed Sydney yet again. Just my speculation.

OH, and if Irina really is a leader in Prophet Five, she has the antidote for Nadia. So whenever they can get Mia Maestro, Nadia will be back. Family reunion time.

One word: RAD!
It was cool to see Irina come back, everyone knew she was bound to come back. I love how JJ had this totally all planned out in his head. In all the commentaries and such he has always said he has known what will happen until the end of the series and this episode definitely showed this.
I just can't wait to see Jack kick some trash to get his little granddaughter to safety. But Irina won't hurt Syd, her intentions are good, somebody or something is just persuading her other wise at the moment.

But what I want to know is when is the next episode? I was a little unclear on that.

I squealed when I saw SpyMommy. I don't care if it was just good editing from season 2. It's just friggin' awesome. Vaughn AND Irina. ^_^

Which means that Lena Olin HAS to be in more episodes, since she's the one behind Prophet 5. This makes me excited.

Also... Vaughn never says, through the entire episode, specifically that he's dead. My theory totally holds up. And man... was it good to see him on the show again. I can't believe they're on hiatus now. Mean. An episode finally gets me excited and bubbly and then I have to wait - and by then, I'll probably forget what this episode was about. :lol:

The only other time I said "holy sh*t" out loud while watching ALIAS... HELLLLLO SPYMOMMY!!!

I had the exact same reaction as you did. My roommate even yelled to see what was going on :P

I was glad to have not only Vaughn back, but also Irina...it was just an awesome, awesome episode for those 2 to come back in. Tonight was one of the very few episodes this season I've actually enjoyed watching. Hopefully the show will stay with this format and kick some butt!! :cool:

Holy felgercarb!!! :shocked: Spy Mommy is back and "bad"! I don't think she would really betray Syd, but I guess we will see. I did pick up on the usage of old footage but it was still an awesome moment when you see her reflection!
The flashbacks were great, it was cool how they went back to some of the best S/V moments and added present stuff into them. And more clues that Vaughn isn't really dead (we'll find each other, the "water", and other random small things in the ep).
The cliffhanger wasn't as shocking as I thought it would be, but it will keep me wondering until the show is back. Where are they taking her on the huge barge and what are they going to do to her and the baby? :Ponder: And I can't say I'm too shocked that 'someone is going to die' before the season is out, I just hope they don't kill Syd, cause that girl needs some happiness (i.e. riding off in the sunset with Vaughn and baby Oscar).

but, 8 weeks.........nooooooooo! I can't wait that long. I'm going to build a time machine now. :construction:

Great episode ... but I am a bit confused about the point of kidnapping Sydney. They just wanted a name on the SD-6 family tree, could they just ASK Sloan instead???

Pretty good ep. Having Irina as the captor was great.

Remember to keep a couple things in mind:

1. As Jack has said, Irina would never hurt Sydney. This leads to...
2. She is obviously protecting Sydney, the baby, and Vaughn. Remember, she was the one who told him to come clean to Sydney in the finale of season 4. She knew all about his work with Renee, and his involvement w/ Prophet 5. You'll see. She's got her reasons :D

Ok, did anyone else noticed that the two face shots of Lena were clearly from Season 2? The reflection in the glass and the one face shot as if she were looking at Amy Acker were both from Season 2 (I just rewatched it on DVD this week, and I'm 99% sure it is).

I noticed that right away too! That's funny :lol:

Just let me say... HOLY felgercarb!!!!! :woot: :woot: :woot: :woot: :woot:

Great episode! Strange, but great! Spymommy's appearance made my day, and my Christmas holiday! Such a shocker! I still don't think she's trying to hurt Sydney, though.

Back