Season 5 React: The Horizon

How would you rate "The Horizon"?

• 5 - One of the best Alias episodes ever!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 4 - It was great!

• 3 - It was good

• 2 - It was OK

• 1 - It was bad

• Total voters
I'm one of those who has really enjoyed this season so far (through my grief for Vaughn!) but this was the best one ever! I gave it a five!
I kept wondering who was behind her kidnapping, but I never, ever thought it would be IRINA!!! When I saw her, I began going, "Oh my gosh! oh my gosh!" SO exciting to see IRina back. The best part is that she would never do anything that wasn't for Sydney's ultimate good, so I can't wait to see what her explanation is. If it follow past actions, she will at first appear evil and Sydney will hate her and all that good stuff but Irina will allow the "truth to take time."
I LOVED how they did this episode. I was at first worried (when I saw the pics for this episode) that they were going to be "re-enacting" those scenes at the pier and in the prison, but I thought the way they did them was wonderful. They were sort of the same, but in the here and now. Her whole hallucination was excellent.
And Let me just sayt hat Vaughn is SO alive!!! There were a million clues. Vaughn in the hospital saying he had to "go away", then shushing her because "they can hear us" and thus they would know he was alive somewhere, her talking about the drink, seeing the doctor give instructions on the drink (why would that be necessary with just water?), MV and Sydney saying they'll find each other. So many clues.
Oh and I was so surprised when Vaughn said that she gave them the wrong location - that was awesome, a twist I totally wasn't expecting!
Yea for Alias!!! I think the rest of the series has so much promise!!!

ok my review

i gave it a 5..... i'd give it a 500 if i could because THAT FREAKIN ROCKED!!!!!!!!!
for the first time i felt like we were back in S2 (except i still had to look at ugly Thomas Grace or Rachel <_< he.he.)
Anyway ok
i belive its fairly obvious by now that i LOVE *love* LOVE spy!mommy to the bitter end.... but i swear... Irina... WHAT DID YOU DO?!?!?!?! GAH! :banghead:
i'm just so upset and i was SO shocked
but i will have faith until the end and i do believe that this *PROVES* that Vaughn is not dead, because no matter how many henious things Irina did (clearly torturing her 37 week pregnant daughter is one of them <_< along wiht plotting to STEAL HER BABY!!! sheesh...) all those thigns were in Sydney's best interest
besides, if she wanted vaughn dead she could have killed him instead of telling him to tell sydney what he had been up to with Renee Rianne

Aside from that shock (Whcih i still loved) this was truely just... a tribute really to sydney and Vaughn's relationship. I mean come on - the shippers just had to be like :love: :love: :thud: :2love:

i LOVED that they went back and redid such key pivital points in the s/v hisotry like the Pier, crossings, warehouse... AHHH i just *LOVED* it i cannot even express
belly touch :love:
he wants to meet the baby (and he will) :love:
sydney was his strenght (and everything esle he said at the pier) :love:
syd wants to run away to her own island with vaughn :love:

COMEON!! its like emotional overload
so what i'm trying to say is that... the episode was A-FRICKIN-MAZING
*hugs denial bubble*
oh yeah, this will get me through til march
completely agree. Everything you said. THere aren't even words to express!

Ok why do we need to see Danny...now! The dude is dead! (hopefully) and Francie(real one) unless they faked her death,whats the point of bringing Francienator back!
Yeah, I agree I sincerely hope they don't bring back Danny or Francie unless in flashbacks or something. Danny is a dead dude. And anyway, we don't him interferring with MV and Syd! But also Francie... maybe evil Francie could come back, but if they tried to pull a stunt like bringing back the real Francie... after they made it CLEAR that she was dead by telling us that it was actually Francie's body they unearthed and injected with Sydney's DNA before season 2 ended....
But I would love to have Vaughn back!

I thought it was awwwwwwwwwwesome....the beach scene reminded me of Jodie Foster in the movie Contact....I was half expecting Vaughn to say "I love you" and for her to say "Ditto" from Ghost, in keeping with the spirit of movie montages lololololol ~lAuR

This eppy truly rocked...though I only gave it a 4 b/c I could not handle Syd being tortured. (n) Things I loved:

Spydaddy!!!! The tenderness with the rattle, the protectiveness. He is so incredible.

The way they did Vaughn and Syd was cool. Kind of trippy but very cool.

Irina.....Oh My Gosh!!!!!!! Evil, Good, Evil, Good, Evil???? Certainly seems that way. So she had an end game the whole time? :thinking: I will love to see what V has to say about this one, b/c she was pretty torked about how they handled season 4 with her being good. Either way there are lots of questions to be answered. I cannot believe we have to wait until March to have them answered! :angry:

Also loved that Syd duped them!!! Go Syd! Renee Rien rock as well!!!! She and Jack together are formidable to say the least!

And I wonder how dear old Arvin will play into this????

The Ending..... HOLY FRICKIN felgercarb!!!!! I was like.. "I bet she's somewhere where no one can find her..." in the beginning and then when i saw the water, i was like, "It's a BOAT!!" and when the camera backed away i was like, "BIG BOAT!!!!"

What the heck is wrong with JJ?! He dumped a whole emotonal episode on us!!

Mommy?

(Does anyone think that Prophet 5 is Syd's baby?)

What's Horizon?

Vaughnnnnny!!

***crys into pillow***

____________________________________________Vic

i was surprised at least, at the end. that was good. but they should stop oscillating back and forth between good irina who loves her daughter and bad irina who will use her daughter for anything.
yeah. otherwise, meh. i liked that they showed good scenes of s/v, before it was all :puke:
and i like renee.

m-c

The only other time I said "holy sh*t" out loud while watching ALIAS was when they showed Francie with a bullet hole in her forehead. HELLLLLO SPYMOMMY!!!

i'm with you. my mum came in around the end of the ep to find out what was going on because i screamed, covered my wide open mouth and pointed at the tv until the commercial break was over.

^ haha true that...

I dont know about this ep...for me I liked last week's ep more...

I wasn't completely surprised about it...I think that line about taking over thirty years to find the Horizon got me thinking of when Irina had appeared for the first time...

gives new meaning to "I've waited almost 30 years for this" doesn't it?

I squealed when I saw SpyMommy. I don't care if it was just good editing from season 2. It's just friggin' awesome. Vaughn AND Irina. ^_^

Which means that Lena Olin HAS to be in more episodes, since she's the one behind Prophet 5. This makes me excited.

Also... Vaughn never says, through the entire episode, specifically that he's dead. My theory totally holds up. And man... was it good to see him on the show again. I can't believe they're on hiatus now. Mean. An episode finally gets me excited and bubbly and then I have to wait - and by then, I'll probably forget what this episode was about. :lol:

i'm remaining hopeful too! VAUGHNIE IS NOT DEAD!!!

Great episode ... but I am a bit confused about the point of kidnapping Sydney. They just wanted a name on the SD-6 family tree, could they just ASK Sloan instead???

they could, but that would be too easy and they couldn't turn that into a multi-ep arc that will keep us guessing for 8 WEEKS

Pretty good ep. Having Irina as the captor was great.

Remember to keep a couple things in mind:

1. As Jack has said, Irina would never hurt Sydney. This leads to...
2. She is obviously protecting Sydney, the baby, and Vaughn. Remember, she was the one who told him to come clean to Sydney in the finale of season 4. She knew all about his work with Renee, and his involvement w/ Prophet 5. You'll see. She's got her reasons :D

of course. she's Spy!Mommy after all!

so yeah, here's my whole take on this thing:

1. I screamed when I found out it was Spy!Mommy behind the glass. OMG.
2. Seeing the flashbacks but with a pregnant Syd were just awesome! And Vaughn was so sweet even tho he was telling her to let him go.
3. I'm going to die before the next ep.
4. What was in the drink? :blink:
5. Awesome use of old footage. I totally caught that the moment I saw it.
6. VAUGHNIE HAS TO COME BACK!!!!! :Ph34r:

I rated it a 4 because, after thinking i was gonna go through an entire box of kleenex, the ep just didn't quite hit the emotional chord it could have. ^_^

I haven't been in here for a long time, but I had to say that that was one of the best episodes of the season. Vaughn, Irina, all we needed was Sark and possibly Anna Espinosa and we would have been set. I'm glad that Alias is picking up steam as it comes to an end and that they FINALLY ended with a cliffhanger. Even though I'm kinda confused, but that's what's great about Alias.

Yeah, I totally screamed when I saw Irina and the guy's ear got cut off. It was wierd because I can usually handly the torcher scenes, but not this week. Must be because Syd's pregnant.

I loved the old episode shots!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Talk about awesome! I know that Syd had to have given them the wrong name.

I hope that Alias ends with Sydney quitting cuz I really think she's been through way to much.

The whole "Why didn't they ask Sloane thing" has been bugging me too, and this is the only thing I could come up with. The CIA had done research to create that spider map and who everyone was related to, that perhaps they went so far researching one direction even SD-6 didn't know this person/organization was involved somehow on the outskirts, but the CIA had found it and put it on the map.

That's what I'm going to think at least. They may never go back and resolve why they needed Sydney and not Sloane anyway, so I'll just go with this unless they specify otherwise.

Last week I said that everybody was gonna vote this episode a "5" ... since Vaughn was gonna be in the episode ... but sweet mother of Jesus ... Irina breaks it and I voted a 5 ...

This is THE episode of this season ... what a great way to go on hiatus ... what a way to shock viewers ... this is THE episode that connects all the dots ... (y)

Once "the voice" asked that the procedure was not gonna hurt the baby, I knew it was someone close to Syd, but I never expected SpyMommy ... and then they show her face ... I was left :jawdrop:

This is why I love Alias ... for the shock value ... believe me this was the BIGGEST shock ever ... the awesomest season story ... and what a freaking cliffhanger ... :thud:

Syd on a BIG BOAT surrounded by water ... lots of water ... they need to find her sooooon ... don't know about you guys, but when Syd was running out and Jack and Renee were running in, I was screaming to the TV "Do not Shoot" ... "Don't shoot" ... hoping that Jack would find Syd ... but then :jawdrop:

Syd is left on this big boat and Jack finds the room where Syd would be held ... :jawdrop: ... I am pretty sure Jack knows Irina is behind alll of this ... :thinking:

One problem I have though is that knowing that Vaughn's files were stolen, wouldn't the CIA protect Sydney, instead of sending her in harms way ... but I suppose it had to be done for storyline purposes ... ;)

I love how they tied in the very first map Syd ever saw of SD-6 ... and that somewhere on that map was the name of the person Irina is looking for ... who would have guessed ... man, that was awesome ... very well done (y) (y)

Can't wait till next year ... :woot:

Fantastic. Absolutely fantastic. I'm one who usually reads spoilers and so imagine my surprise when one Ms. Lena Olin is behind the glass. Bad Mommy!! Gotta hand it to the producers of this episode. It had crossed my mind earlier in the episode that it could be Irina behind the glass, especially when the individual wanted to make sure the baby wouldn't be harmed, but I didn't think we would get to see who it was last night. And I loved how Syd gave her Mom the old screwgie with the misinformation. Great episode.

The Sydney & Vaughn scenes were good. And c'mon, we all know he's alive and tickin' somewhere, just waiting to reappear.

It's too bad when you think about it, because I bet that if the past two seasons were as good as last night's episode, we wouldn't be talking about a series finale in May 2006.

The SD-6 map... couldn't they just ask Sloane about that location? He will probarbly know since he was head of sd-6 and member of the alliance.

WOW! What can an alias fan say, but WOW! This was a superb episode.

Jack meeting Renee for the first time was great, but definitely on the wrong terms.

Jack back to the good ole days? Man he was totally scary, like Season One scary. The moment I peg him as a big old softy and helpful father it gets jammed down my throat my his pop of the rist and the landing of the ear -- ear!!! Good to have Jack back...the Jack so hard to pin point. That's what I liked most about him, so YEAH FOR JACK.

Sydney and Vaughn -- MEANT FOR EACH OTHER. Enough said, well not really, but I don't have time to rev up an image with a thousand words. I'm hoping this image cultivates it instead.

Irina?? I like have dropped from my seat two inches from the television to the floor when I heard her voice. Dear heavens, it literally took the breathe from my lungs. I wanted to scream. NO...NOOOOOOO! How can she be doing this to Sydney? How is she involved with P5? How long? It's clear [or not so much] that she's still heading toward Rambaldi's end game, no? I mean Jack and Renee found a nursery that Dr. S was working on...he does work for P5...and so P5 must have some dapping in Rambaldi. I just don't know. My head is spinning? How could I have forgot who Irina was? It's season two all over again -- She so sweet behind the bars, then she betrays Syd and escapes. The never ending vicious cycle has begun. She help Syd in S4's end, now she' betraying her again. I just can't believe it, well I just don't want to. I love Irina, but the fear of what's to come is griping me hard. Hold on Syd!

And oh, dear sweet coffee. In Sydney's dream state we actually get to see the moments leading up to Vaughn's death up-close, not through a window. As we are inside the room with Sydney, we see and hear their talk over more baby names [because I don’t think Oscar for a girl was mention] and see the DOCTOR bring in the cup of liquid. Did you see the doc's manner? Did you hear him say "when Vaughn's ready" give him a sip? ***Hint HERE? I think that their was a conspiracy. If this isn't enough to pull you over that someone, somehow faked Vaughn's death [now I'm thinking Syd's in on it], then Vaughn's statement should :"You can't defeat them with me here." He didn't say if I'm a LIVE? So I leave you with that.

I leave you with: AMAZING EPISODE! MV and SB ARE FOREVER.

I loved this episode. One question. did anyone else notice that neither Michael Vartan nor Lena Olin were in the credits? I can understand Len Olin because her apperance was a shocker! But Vartan? Anyways,

VAUGHN? ARE YOU OUT OF YOUR DEAD PERSON MIND? OFFERING YOUR PREGNANT FIANCE WINE? DO YOU WANT A BABY WITH NO LIP CLEFT? DO YOU WANT A DEMENTED BABY? HAVE YOU HEARD THAT PREGNANT WOMEN SHOULD NOT DRINK ALCOHOL?

And, I like Spy Mommy when she loves Sydney. I don't want no evil Irina.

Are they trying to reform the alliance?

Why in the world do we care that Tom had a wife?

It was sooo great! I was sooo concerned during all the episode! It was not the plot! It was a sensation! I mean: the script was good, 'cause Garner could work on it. But I can't imagine a better acting on a script like that! I was really: "WOW". I was astonished. It's really difficult for me, to find an actress that gives me that kind and huge emotions!!! A question: was the man, who tortured Syd, mr. marcovich? Wasn't he dead in the episode with Ethan Hawke???

:thud: BEST. EPISODE. EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (Well, at least this season ;) ) I DID NOT see the whole Irina thing coming. I kind of thought that maybe it would be Vaughn since the person was so concerned about the baby. But Spy Mommy!!!!! AHHHHHHHHHHH!!! I literally started jumping up and down screaming LENA OLIN over and over again. I'm surprised I didn't wake my parents up. And the whole Vaughn thing. I seriously think he's alive. The whole episode pretty much screamed "VAUGHN"S ALIVE!!!!" I mean, he only said "We'll find each other," like 500 times in the whole episode.

All the dream sequences were basically a big tribute to all the loyal fans who have watched from the beginning. The holster!!!!!!!!! :thud:

By FAR, this was the best episode of the season.

Where in the world do I begin?!

First off I am officially labling this episode as like..the best Alias episode EVER right there next to "Phase One"....seriously....OH MY GOD.

I just finished watching it since I had to work last night while Alias was on and let me tell you...after a pretty crappy day at school that is exactly what I needed!

Those sick sick people!! seriously! seeing Lena's face in that relfection i stood up and screamed some very bad words that i'm not going to repeat!!!!

and don't get me started on our little cliffhanger we have there.....

wow.....

that's all i can say about this weeks episode....is WOW

Back