Season 3 Reaction to 3.11 "Full Disclosure"

What did you think of Season 3 Episode 11, "Full Disclosure"

• 5 - One of the best Alias episodes ever!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 4 - It was great!

• 3 - It was good

• 2 - It was OK

• 1 - It was bad

• Total voters
JournalismChik said:
:eek: ok so here is what i think-its all to easy- i really dont think she is working for the covenant -i think she is being ordered to against her will

-but all the same isnt it funny that she told us in an episode that she had never been in the field and that she had never shot a gun but somehow she managed to put 3 square shots into Lazerey's chest--
-and if u really want to know i think that luaren and Sark hit the sheets soon--i think she is married to vaughn because she has been ordered too-sorta like and irina derevko thing
-and i think if luaren is in the covenant-vaughn might also be in it
-but mostly i think that luaren really isnt in the covenant it all just seems so easy---and nothing is quite that simple especially when it seems easy on ALIAS-
but thats what i think
In the "What's Lauren Really Up To?" thread I voted "She's still good; she has valid reasons for what she did". Could she have been asked to fake Lazarey's death in order to protect him from the mole within the CIA that many of us think exists?

She did say "Yes Sir" to the man on the other end of the phone which impries that the man was older than her. Someone like Jack? So Sydney, Lauren and Jack could be working together to protect Lazarey from the mole.

But now that I looked at my tape of the episode a few times, I notice that Sydney concluded that Lazarey was dead too quickly.

Lazarey got shot 3 times and then the Navy doctors wheeled him into the hospital (and out of sight from anyone outside). Sydney was taking cover behind the wall. After she pointed her gun at the rooftop for a few seconds, she got up and made her phonecall. That indicates that she knew that it was safe to do mere seconds after a shooting? Didn't she remember that Covenant guy who came out shooting after waiting for everyone to come out of the hiding places in the lab?

Lauren did say that she never shot a gun before in an earlier episode. Yet she manages to shoot three shots into Lazarey from a rooftop? It's because she was firing blanks and Sydney put a squib vest on Lazarey to simulate gunshot wounds.

And she determined that Lazarey was dead without one of the doctors saying that he was dead? Whoever she was calling could be someone who she thought was the mole, or she suspected that the mole was listening in.

This makes me think that it is VERY possible that the shooting was a fake assassination as I first speculated. That would mean that Sydney and Lauren are working together! :woot:

I agree I don't think Lauren is evil or that she is the mole. We really don't know anything about the shooting. Don't jump to conclusion. Sark and Lauren met for the first time in ep 307 Prelude. They really didn't know one another.

quote:
Lauren did say that she never shot a gun before in an earlier episode.

Could she be lying? Undercover spies are known to do that...

Lauren did say that she never shot a gun before in an earlier episode. Yet she manages to shoot three shots into Lazarey from a rooftop? It's because she was firing blanks and Sydney put a squib vest on Lazarey to simulate gunshot wounds.

I disagree. Why would Lauren even have to be on the roof if she was firing blanks and Lazarey wear a squib vest?? That makes no sense to me. Sydney seemed very upset that Lazarey had died. He was one of the only ones left with any answers for her. Why would she want him dead?
However, I do think that lauren was one of the "Project Christmas" children and has been trained to use, fire and dismantle weapons as she did in this pat episode.
Thats what I think but who knows, JJ is soooo super creative!!

C'mon, Lazarey is at a hospital. I think they'll be able to tell whether he's really dead or not. It's not like he's going to get away from them. They're going to try to save him/examine him, etc. It's not like they're in an unsecure location and they have to get out and Lazarey's body is being taken off by Sark.
^_^

i personally think that Lauren is evil. while i do speculate that there might be a red herring somewhere in here, i can't help but hope that she *is* evil. (but then again, i'm an avid syd/vaughn fan, and likely to remain so). J.J. Abrams did say that there was going to be a traitor within the CIA and after counting down the possibilities, i'd have to say Lauren is the most likely suspect.

I mean, look at evidence from prior episodes. for instance, Sydney said in this last episode that she didn't send that letter to herself so there must have been someone else involved. as i was thinking it through, i realized some things. for one, Sloane was given that letter, and as we already know he's planning to betray the cia (Lindsey revealed that much), we can pretty much figure he was manipulating Sydney. Lauren was given private meetings with him, giving her ample opportunity to give him that letter, plus she had samples of Sydney's writings (she has that kind of clearence). also, how did she know to tell Lindsey that Sydney was in Rome...i doubt that Vaughn would have told her.

everyone else has been in the show a really long time, so i doubt that they'd betray her now...especially the ones you see every week. while i admit, it could be a lesser agent in the CIA, i doubt we'd care so much about what was going on, unless she'd had a lot of prior experiences with them.

i admit, she could have alterior motives for helping the CIA but i think we should at least except the possibility that Lauren is indeed a bad guy (hey, i wouldn't complain). it seems like the king of thing JJ Abrams would do, because he would know that by this time, we'd be doubting everything.

well, i don't know if anything i've said makes any sense, but i just wanted to put in my ten cents worth.

Lots of Love

jandl

p.s. is anyone else going completely crazy waiting for next week's episode?

I think Lauren is most def evil, she has to be working with someone, maybe not the Covenant. Because Vaughn would not have betrayed Syd in only nine months!!! That would be horrible, she had to have brainwashed him or something. ;)
I also think that this is all a part of Sloan's "Phase Two".

Marie:P

P.S. What about Dixon being evil? In the Alias magazine it said he's going to be getting to know his dark side. I think Dixon might be working with the bad guys.

Here is my take on how this is shaping up, the Covenant voice directing Syd to kill the innocent man is DEFINITELY Quentin Tarantino... how McKenas Cole got out of CIA custody is anyone's guess, but if you remember, he gets into SD-6, and the vault, only to have his van shot up by Vaughn and Weiss, finally gets his ass kicked by Syd as he tries to hoof it out of the SD-6 parking garage...

When he first corners Sloane in SD-6, Cole said he was working for the man... who ultimately winds up being a part of Irena's network.

Well, I think that JJ has figured out a way to have Irena involved in the plotline, without having Lena on the show (sob). It is simple, she is using Sark and Cole to continue her efforts. Sark reports to Cole, because he was with Irena/her lackey "the man" first, also Sark was still in CIA custody. So that would be Lauren calling COLE "sir". not Sark.

Irena is pulling the strings, and she would know what Sloane has done... which they leak to Lindsay. Cole may become the new badass, but I think he is her lackey, as is little Julian.

the big hole in this is: why would Irena allow Syd to be tortured, or have someone come between her and Vaughn... maybe we'll know by season's end

I think the whole Lauren with the gun at the end is not what it seems.
If it was, the writers on the show are not very creative.I think there is a twist to it. Maybe the guy she shot was actually really bad. Who knows.
My prediction is that Vaughn is the one who will turn out to be evil since no one seems to suspect him........well, he's too studpid to be evil, but, hay, anything can happen

~~Spongy!

I finally got a chance to watch that epi!!! All I can say is OMG!!!!
Can't wait for another week to see what happens next!!!!
I was so happy to see that Lauren is evil!!!!!! But on the other end , is she really?
How can we know for sure who the "sir" is?
Maybe it's someone from CIA!!!
And Vaughn , how could he move on so fast??? 9 months??? What is it when you're so much in love with someone that it almost "killed you"??????

hey you guys should check out my new fan fic. The resurrection. it's in general fiction. it's what i think if sark got a way with some tubes of SYd/Milo. yeah. please read it and tell me what you think of it.

ustabud said:

I disagree. Why would Lauren even have to be on the roof if she was firing blanks and Lazarey wear a squib vest?? That makes no sense to me. Sydney seemed very upset that Lazarey had died. He was one of the only ones left with any answers for her. Why would she want him dead?
However, I do think that lauren was one of the "Project Christmas" children and has been trained to use, fire and dismantle weapons as she did in this pat episode.
Thats what I think but who knows, JJ is soooo super creative!!

Sydney wants Lazarey to go into hiding again so she fakes his death again. The simulated shooting would have to come from the rooftop to make the hit seem convincing. That is a logical sniper's position. In fact, it is such a logical sniper's position it should have been guarded if the hit was real.

The Navy doctors are in on the plan. The squib vest simulates Lazarey assassination so that the Covenant or the mole will think that he's been eliminated. The doctors wheel him into the hospital and into an operating room, declare him dead, fill out the paperwork and then Kendall's Project Black Hole takes him away to safety.

I said Sydney determined that it was safe to come out of hiding way too quickly - because she arranged the fake hit with Lauren and others.

I said that Sydney phoned that Lazarey was dead too quickly. The doctors didn't say that he was dead. For all she knew, the doctors could have saved him with surgery. But since she was part of the plan to fake an assassination, she wanted to pass on the disinformation. Being terribly upset was just being convincing for the mole or Covenant people who she assumed were watching.

Doesn't this seem more like what a JJ twist would be rather than the easy Lauren is evil routine?

Ok all, if someone could answer this quesiton for me, that would be great. Ok, my question is..What was the big Rambaldi invention anyway? I mean after it was built Slone was all respected and that, but did we ever really figure out what the invention was? Or what it did? If I am just being a ditz and didn't catch this part, please tell me, thanks! ;)

Wasn't the invention the thing that turned people to ash, they would internal combust, but nothing around them would be destroyed.

Body tempersture of people would increase, melting them from the inside out. The device excites fat and water molecules present in human bodies, but not present in building etc, therefore people would burn, but buildings would not be destroyed.

I think thins was in the Firebomb episode, season 2. Syd (dressed as an old lady) knocks out the women that sloane and sark were asked to kill. She was on mission with Vaughn (of course looking as fit as ever!!).

The firebomb device was not the big invention because Sloane let it get captured by the CIA in order to put “El Dire” the telling, together. The Telling is the big item that Sloane claims that it only said peace. Of course we do not know what the Telling really does.

haha i knew kendall and dixon would kno somehow..wow syd did it to herself kinda....thats sad :( OMG at the end evil Lauren...ahhhhh that was so bad i knew she was evil i hate her :angry: vaugn wasnt in this episode enough i was sad :( but it answered almost all of the questions and that is so AWESOME!! haha :P

I have a question about this episode.

Did anyone else notice that the promotional pictures for this episode showed Sydney gagged with a ball gag yet in the actual episode she was gagged with tape?

Yep I noticed that also the preview pics had Syd gagged with a red ball in her mouth. It didn't look too pretty and all I could think about was the scene in Pulp Fiction...ewwww.
Glad they went with the tape route and it was probably easier for Jens jaw.

Back