• Tales From The Crypt
  • Godzilla TOS
  • The New Cosmos
  • Poultergiest: The Legacy
  • Greatest American Hero
  • Buffy
  • Primeval
  • The Mentalist
  • Stargate Atlantis (Didn't really care for the others)
  • Angel
  • The Walking Dead
  • Farscape (Some Eps were awful)
  • Game Of Thrones
  • Alien Nation
  • V: The Final Battle
  • The 4400 (some of it)
  • First Wave
  • Supernatural
  • Sanctuary
  • Ghost Whisperer
  • In Search Of
  • Surface
  • X-Files

Since I download and watch full seasons at a time any series is good as long as I find it interesting.
I know there are a lot of good science fiction, horror and fantasy series available but I refrain from starting a new series at a whim. Seeing what I have, Can you recommend a new series or two that I might find to my liking? I can research the common info about it but I want you to tell me why you like it. Why do you think I might like it?

I don't care for cartoon series. I find that most of those are insulting. One cartoon that I did like was Deadspace:Downfall but none of the mainstream stuff is my cup of tea.

I didn't like:
  • Lexx
  • Smallville
  • Alf
  • Bones
  • Robocop
  • Seinfeld (some eps were watchable but not many)
  • Psych
  • Terminator: SCC
  • Monk
  • Califorication
  • Lawyer or Medical shows (ER,LA Law and similar)
  • America's Got Talent
  • Weeds
  • Survivor
  • Lost
  • Dr. Who (I only like some episodes)
  • True Blood
  • Law & Order (Criminal Intent was Okay but not a must see)
  • Charmed
  • Ancient Aliens
  • House MD
  • Wasn't too fond of Deep Space Nine but I have it because it is Star Trek
I'm Curious about:
  • The Librarians
  • Castle
  • Grimm
  • Helix
  • Elementary
  • American Horror Story
  • Person Of Interest
  • Agent Carter
  • Hell On Wheels
  • Defiance
  • Crossing Lines
  • Atlantis
  • Ascension
  • Arrow
  • Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.
  • The Flash
  • Being Human
  • The Strain
  • Extant
  • Finding Carter
  • Falling Skies
  • The Last Ship
  • Perception
  • Salem
  • Hemlock Grove
  • Penny Dreadful
  • Continuum
  • Vikings
  • Intelligence
  • Almost Human
  • Ravenswood
  • Lost Girl
  • Alphas
  • Heroes
  • Dexter
  • Northern Exposure
  • Merlin
  • Fringe
  • The Flash
  • 12 Monkeys
  • HALO: Nightfall
  • The 100
  • Encryption
  • Twin Peaks
  • Metal Hurlant Chronicles
  • PSI Factor
  • Level 9
Let me Know if I missed something really good!

Twin Peaks was awesome imho. Supposed to be a rework on Showtime soon.
Veronica Mars is great if you have a brain, esp the first two seasons.

Scooby Doo: Mystery Incorporated is imho the greatest animated series ever. think of it as a two-season movie, combining individual monster-of-the-week wi a series-long subplot. Very like an animated Buffy, not quite so dark.

Sherlock, the BBC update of you-know-whom wi Benedict Cumberbunch, is pretty good. Elementary is almost as good.

screenersam, Thanx.
The cartoon 'Gargoyles' is supposedly rife with talent. Many big names lent their voices to the series. I have about 1/2 of that series but having trouble finding a few episodes.
I've heard of Sherlock. Since I enjoy intellectual TV shows I will certainly add it to my list.

If my Cloud holds strong and if there is room remaining I may start uploading TV Series seasons. If that comes to pass I will dedicate a topic to the link and share it with you all. I love to share.

WatchFreeMovies | LetMeWatchThis - Watch Free Movies Online

Godzilla: The crew of the research vessel, the Calico at one point rescue Godzooky, the young offspring of the mighty giant monster, Godzilla. Apparently, a pact was made that if the crew took care of the little guy, Godzilla would help if they needed him. As it turns out, this was a most fortuitous thing, because in the voyages of the Calico, they investigate mysteries that all too often lead to run-ins with dangerous giant beasts. With no way to battle the beasts themselves, the crew, either through a special signaling device or Godzooky calling himself, can summon Godzilla seemingly from anywhere around the world to confront the menace at hand.

Year Released: 1978

Genres: Animation Adventure Family Sci-Fi
Actors: Hilly Hicks Jeff David Brenda Thompson Ted Cassidy

• http://{...}.to/thumbs/godzilla-c48f602bd5401bacc660d99e60f08500.jpg

I liked the Canadian show ReGenesis.

It concerns a group of scientists (molecular biologists, virologists, etc.) who work for the fictional North American Biotechnology Advisory Commission (NorBAC) based in Toronto. They investigate all kind of weird diseases that might spring up anywhere in Canada, the U.S. and Mexico, biological terrorism and environmental changes due to viruses/bacteria. It's 4 seasons long and I enjoyed it.

The first two seasons were particularly good with hints of larger and more ominous story arcs (concerning politicians and/or the military machine). I understood that many of the of viruses/bacteria they deal with are real or, at least, have very real analogues, so I had the show down more as a thriller. By the third season and, especially, the final season it decidedly turns into science fiction with some of the procedures and plot lines that they develop. It was very fascinating and quite scary to have shown the tenuous balance between civilisation and nature and just how easily (and worse, how casually) it can all be disrupted to epic proportions.

Back