Season 3 resurrection?!?!?!

SkyGirl5

Cadet
Wait the title is resurrection but no one was resurrected so whats the deal there?!?!?
the only thing i can think of is vaughn & syds relationship was resurrected but thats REALLY pushing it
or perhaps whatever syd saw in that safey deposit box had to do w. it...
im so confused...

I was in fact wondering this exact same thing...And you're right, nothing was "resurected" in this episode...you could say that it was Syd/Vaughn's relationship, but like you said that's pushing it and I don't think they'd title an episode around their relationship...LoL

hmm mayube they rewrite the script and forgot to change the title!! :lol: :lol:

I think the thing that was resurrected was Sydney's old love for her father...when her mom left them....that love, that she doesn't know who he really is.

Maybe Rambaldi WAS resurrected (cause Sloane and Nadia DID go to the real location and we don't know what happened with that... so maybe they resurrected Rambaldi) as Jack.... :Ponder:

Well, according to that EW article, the entire script was re-written, and that was after it was already titled, so maybe in the original there was a resurrection. I think they may have originally planned to do more with Rambaldi, but they decided to push it back to next season. But I was wondering that too...

I think it was pretty obvious it was a quick re-write. It felt in some ways like a shoddy cut-and-paste job. I hope they thought it through well enough so that everything adds up and computes with what's gone before. If not, they'll have a hell of a job digging themselves out next season.

Azalea said:
Well, according to that EW article, the entire script was re-written, and that was after it was already titled, so maybe in the original there was a resurrection. I think they may have originally planned to do more with Rambaldi, but they decided to push it back to next season. But I was wondering that too...

I think it was pretty obvious it was a quick re-write. It felt in some ways like a shoddy cut-and-paste job. I hope they thought it through well enough so that everything adds up and computes with what's gone before. If not, they'll have a hell of a job digging themselves out next season.
yeah,sounds like an ABC chop job!

yeah are they really that stupid that they rewrote the script but forgot about the title - fools :lol:

Joyie said:
Maybe Rambaldi WAS resurrected (cause Sloane and Nadia DID go to the real location and we don't know what happened with that... so maybe they resurrected Rambaldi) as Jack.... :Ponder:
ok, somewhere in the eppy i think it may have been syd and jack? who were talking and one of them said that they think the rambaldi device that the coordinates were for was for rambaldi himself. so maybe that was it. and if the entire script was rewritten, maybe it was something like that but there was more detail about the rambaldi thing and then they took some of that out and still kept the original title.

Azalea said:

do we know why there was such a quick re write?!?!

yah i was wondering what was resurrected also...AND where the big huge cliffhanger was~although i guess there is the whole sab 47 mystery.

The word resurrection has several meanings...

1. Rebirth (Of the old Alias...like we saw in seasons 1 & 2)
2. Reappearance (Maybe SpyMommy will be back)
3. New start (Starting in January 2005 instead of the fall)
4. New beginning (For Syd/Vaughn)
5. Renewal (Alias was renewed for a 4th season)
6. New life (What JJ and staff will bring to Alias)

Or maybe it had something to do with the finale that I seemed to have missed- :eek:

i do think that the title revolved around syd. and vaughn's relatonship but it also resurrected rambaldi and his plans wen nadia escaped to visit slone, they are up to something.. she's a derevko and she is not meant to be trusted!

I think resurrection refers to the documents Syd found at the end. They were kept away in a vault not in a CIA facility. The document was thought to have been lost. Then Sydney re-earths them. There's also a deeper meaning that someone else had mentioned earlier or in a different thread. Remember how Syd felt toward her father when the series first began? Those feelings have resurfaced due to his apparent betrayal. But I think Jack had a very good reason(s) for what he did. One I can think of is, if the CIA or other agencies were going to tinker around with his daughter regarding her involvement with Rambaldi (which means Jack had no choice in the matter), then he should head the project so that he can keep his daughter's best interest in mind. He couldn't do this if he wasn't directing or even participating in the project. This is such a Jackism.

youngwayne said:
I think resurrection refers to the documents Syd found at the end. They were kept away in a vault not in a CIA facility. The document was thought to have been lost. Then Sydney re-earths them. There's also a deeper meaning that someone else had mentioned earlier or in a different thread. Remember how Syd felt toward her father when the series first began? Those feelings have resurfaced due to his apparent betrayal. But I think Jack had a very good reason(s) for what he did. One I can think of is, if the CIA or other agencies were going to tinker around with his daughter regarding her involvement with Rambaldi (which means Jack had no choice in the matter), then he should head the project so that he can keep his daughter's best interest in mind. He couldn't do this if he wasn't directing or even participating in the project. This is such a Jackism.
THANK YOU!!!! finally, that is exactly what i was gunna say, but you beat me to it. lol

Back