Sanity Saved

Syd's family has a realy problem with the not helping her thing, its really unfair

im soo glad Syd has Vaughn, otherwise she would have gotten worse :smiley:

thanx for the PM

-luv Em 💘

Update! This is the last one I'm going to post because I'm going away tomorrow, however derevkointraining will be posting the other three til Andrea gets back. ;)

---

A/N- Next update!! This is so wierd, writing an A/N before the chapter is even posted. Weird... Hope you like it!

Chapter 15

The soup warmed my body, the thick liquid soothing my tender throat. It was 9:00 that night, and my stomach finally felt like it could handle food. Mia had warmed the liquid up for me, like a mother would do for her child. She made sure it was just the right temperature- not too hot; not too cold. She was always so concerned for me. I took pleasure in that.

I was sitting up on the couch now. Vaughn sat protectively next to me, and Mia sat comfortably on the couch opposite of us, with one leg tucked underneath her and one resting comfortably on the coffee table. The TV played softly in the distance. I wasn’t listening, though.

I still wasn’t feeling my best, but slowly I could feel my old self coming back. The only thing that I think was preventing me from having a clean bill of health was the deep sorrow that I could feel in the pit of my stomach- the burden I was harboring. I didn’t want to share that pain with anyone, which I knew wasn’t a good idea. Keeping that much inside of yourself was never smart because eventually it would consume you. I knew Vaughn should understand that Nadia had had discovered our secret, though. He was a part of this relationship, too.

I tipped the bowl back to get the last remains of the soup. Mia walked over to me, and took the bowl away from my hands when I was finished. I smiled gratefully. My voice was practically gone at this point, so offering my thanks was understood.

Mia’s thin frame disappeared around the corner, and I thought this was probably the best time to tell Vaughn about Nadia knowing, and what that meant. I would keep putting it off if I didn’t do something about it now.

Vaughn was watching a show attentively, but his eyes instantly went to me when he heard my small voice call for him.

“Are you okay?”

So protective and concerned- Vaughn.

“I’m fine, but there’s something I need to tell you,” I whispered, not looking him directly in the eye, instead I stared at a smudge on the glass table in front of me.

“What is it?” He could easily tell that whatever I was about to tell him was not going to end up being good news.

“I have to tell you something,” I whispered, stalling for time.

He nodded, urging me to continue.

“Nadia knows,” I told him simply and directly. Hopefully that would explain a lot of my distress to him.

He looked away for a minute, trying to digest the news.

He turned back to me, and surprised me with his response.

“So what?” he said, gazing intently into my eyes.

I didn’t know how to respond. Who cared? I did!

“Vaughn, I don’t know if you know what I’m trying to tell you.”

“Of course I know what you’re saying, but really, what does it matter?”

“You don’t know my sister,” I said regretfully, looking away again.

He shook his head. “No, I don’t, but seriously what is she going to do?”

That sentence just proved that he really had no idea what he was saying, and who he was dealing with.

“She’s going to make this hell for me,” I said very seriously.

His face turned deathly pale suddenly.

“Sydney, you’re not suggesting…what I think you’re suggesting.”

I sat there clueless for a moment, trying to figure out what he was assuming.

“Oh god, no! I don’t want to break up or anything like that. I just wanted to tell you that this isn’t going to be easy- this relationship,” I told him, pointing between the two of us.

He nodded in understanding, realizing that I was very concerned about this predicament.

“Nadia’s not going to make this easy at school or at home.”

“Syd, you sound upset. Is your sister really that bad?”

I turned towards him quickly. “Trust me when I say I’m not exaggerating in the slightest. Actually, I’m probably being too nice. She’s a nightmare, especially when she’s upset.”

We fell into a silence; thoughts running wild through our heads.

~*~*~*~

I had trouble sleeping that night because of all the resting and sleeping I had done during the day.

Mia insisted that I didn’t go to school the next day. I told her that I had to. The school would call my parents to tell them I wasn’t there, and I would be accused of skipping. She wore the same thoughtful expression as her son when she was thinking of a way around a situation.

“Well, then I’ll just pretend to be your mom and tell them that you’re sick,” she said.

“Mia, you can’t do that! Do you have any idea how much trouble you can get in?”

“I don’t care,” she said stubbornly. “I’m not going to let you go to school half dead.”

Knowing she possessed the same stubbornness as Vaughn, I didn’t fight it, although I didn’t know if it was the best solution to the problem.

Mia had agreed that Vaughn could stay home with me tomorrow as long as he caught up with his school work, which he said wouldn’t be a problem considering nothing very important was going on at this time.

It was nearing midnight that night, but all three of us were still awake. Mia came into the room, wearing her bathrobe. She handed me an Advil and a glass of water. I graciously accepted.

I was feeling much better now, but still not perfect, and hopefully the Advil would restore me to full health by tomorrow afternoon.

Mia didn’t mind if Vaughn stayed with me on the couch that night. Her room was right there. It wasn’t like anything was going to happen. I was sick!

Vaughn and I were sitting close, watching some late night talk show. I wasn’t really paying attention, again. I couldn’t focus. I was thinking more about the whole Nadia situation. I wondered what she was doing right now. What she was thinking? Was she sleeping? Was she plotting? God, my sister was evil! The one word that I found fit to describe her personality.

“Vaughn, do you think it’s going to be bad?”

It took him a minute to figure out what I was referring to.

“It won’t be that bad. You’ve only got a year left now, so don’t worry about it,” he told me, reassuringly.

I sighed. Easy for him to say, he didn’t have to deal with the school and my family. His mom loved me. His friends were quickly becoming my own friends too, and his school didn’t have a problem with the situation. Everyone in his life was very accepting. Quite the opposite for me, though.

I turned my head back towards the TV, attempting to erase the unwanted thoughts that were invading my head. It wasn’t working. Vaughn could tell, too. Was I that readable? Or was it just him who had such an easy time?

“Syd, this is really bugging you, isn’t it?”

I nodded my head slowly. I hated showing him this weak side of me. He didn’t know the weak, vulnerable, quite Sydney. He knew the loud, strong, loving Sydney. Two completely different people, who were used in two completely different worlds- the happy one with Vaughn, and the lonely one with my family.

“Okay, tell me. Tell me what Nadia’s going to do, ‘cause I honestly don’t know what is scaring you so much,” he said, turning his whole body towards me to listen.

I shook my head. “You wouldn’t understand,” I whispered, shaking my head.

“Of course I’m not going to understand if you don’t tell me.”

I was silent, thinking about what he said. I finally had someone to talk to. Somebody who was actually going to listen to me, and here I was wasting the opportunity.

I took a deep breathe.

“She’s manipulative, she’s cold, she’s deceiving, and most of all she’s got a heart of black. Her feelings are the only ones that matter. Other’s people’s distress doesn’t cause her emotional heartache. She doesn’t care. Never has, and never will. She’s the center of attention everywhere we go. She’s Nadia. Nadia and her invisible sister…”

I trailed off, staring off into space. I didn’t even notice that a single tear was making its way down my face, again.

“Sydney?” I heard Vaughn whisper. I closed my eyes, trying to blink the tears away.

“Syd?” He gently turned my head so my sad eyes were looking into his.

The silent tears continued to stream down my face, like a fountain. I didn’t think my dry eyes had anymore tears left to cry, but apparently they still had a few to spare. This fountain wasn’t shutting off anytime soon. I knew in the next couple of days I would have many more of these tears.

Vaughn gazed intently into my distraught, brown eyes. And in one single motion he brushed away the tears with his thumbs. With that one gesture a smile was brought to my wounded spirit. There was somewhere to brush the tears away now.

Update! This is the last one I'm going to post because I'm going away tomorrow, however derevkointraining will be posting the other three til Andrea gets back. ;)

Such a good story.

yep! I'm going to be posting the next 3 chapters until Andrea gets back in a few days. They're good, so get ready :smiley:

Thanks for posting the first 3, Catpin!

:woot: OMG I CAN'T GET ENOUGH OF THIS STORY!!! :D :D :D

Nadia's going to be tough. But Sydney and Vaughn will pull through, they always do. :smiley:

I LOVE Mia. I wish she was my mom. :smiley: Not that my mom is bad... :sigh:

:love:
~Anja

I was thinking way back, when Mia was introduced. Sydney mentioned that Mia was a well known artist. If she was well known and a celebrity, I'd think Irina would be thrilled that her daughter was dating a celebrity's son. :cool: Of course, in order for Irina to be thrilled, she'd have to find out first.

That would be one way to stop Nadia from blackmailing Sydney- get Irina on Sydney's side.

Thanks for the PM.

Chris

Hopefully Syd doesn't get caught for not going to school!!!!
-I mean I think Nadia would notice her being gone...I mean she is her sister!!!!
I have a bad feeling Nadia is going to plan something VERY evil!!!
-Can't wait to find out what happens next!! Thanks for the pm!!

Back