Saving Amie

Title: Saving Amie
Author: Queenie (aka Nicole aka sv4ever07)
Disclaimer: I own none of the characters you recognize, wish I did, but I don't so please don't sue me, I have like $.20 to my name. The characters you recognize belong to J.J. Abrams, Bad Robot, and ABC. But I DO own the ones you don't recognize!
Rating: PG-13
Spoilers: S/V together, anywhere from Post-Phase One/Pre-The Telling
Pairings: S/V
Summary: While on vacation in Italy, Syd and Vaughn find a young girl who seriously needs their help.
Dedication: To the ZAP for putting up with me and my crazy rants and for my new home - the CAVoLR's (I'm PR person! come visit us - link is in my sig)
Author's Note: This is another story written on an idea from roogal_sandv808, just like Natalie. Umm...the first chapter isn't excessively exciting, it sets up the backstory, but it will get better - trust me, let's just call this a drama.
Thanks to Jenn for beta'ing! :hug:
And also thanks to her for the title, I was seriously stuck!
Please read and review (I promise it will get better :P)

Chapter 1

Akiris Resort - Nova Siri, Italy

Sydney laughed heartily as she and Vaughn got out of the car in front of the resort, both of them happy to be on their first vacation since getting married 47 days before.

"Wow, this place is beautiful," Sydney murmured, looking up at the beautiful resort in front of them. "This place is perfect."

Vaughn caught her around the waist and rested his chin on her shoulder. "You're perfect, you know?" he asked quietly.

"Sweetie," she blushed, giggling, putting her hand in his, "stop it, you're embarrassing me."

He laughed as he pulled her up the stairs behind him and to the check-in desk. "Name please?"

"Reservations under Michael Vaughn," Vaughn answered back quickly.

"Ah, yes. Mr. and Mrs. Vaughn, suite number 47," he replied, waving his hand back and forth, "Amie, come help these people carry their bags to their room."

A brunette with beautiful blue eyes, and looking strikingly young to be working there, perhaps 16 or 17, walked out from behind the desk and attempted to grab all 4 bags.

"That's okay," Vaughn told her, grabbing two of them, "I can handle these two."

Sydney also grabbed one from her so that Amie was left with only one bag.

"No really," she insisted, in a clearly American voice. If Sydney were up on her accents, she clearly sounded Southern. "It's my job."

"Don't worry about it," Sydney smiled, "we can handle some of it, you don't need to be burdened."

Amie just nodded and quietly followed behind them up to their suite.

As they opened the door, she followed them in and, after setting the bag that she had been carrying, she hurriedly went back out the door and started down the hall to go back to the lobby.

All of sudden she heard something that had her freezing. "Amie!" she was being called back, "Amie!"

She walked back down the hall until she was standing in front of suite 47 once again, "Yes sir?"

"First of all the name's Michael Vaughn, and this is my wife Sydney Vaughn," he told her, gesturing towards Sydney behind him, and then he tucked something in her hand, "I believe this is yours."

She quickly nodded and walked away as the door shut, finally daring to open her hand, where she found a fifty dollar bill, the biggest tip she had ever received, and something that would really help her family.

The next day - the restaurant in the Akiris Resort...breakfast time

Sydney and Vaughn walked into the restaurant inside the resort at 8:00 am, ready for breakfast. Laughing quietly, just the two of them, they took a table by the windows so they could gaze out at the tide rolling up the beach.

Someone walked over to take their order as they continued to stare out the window.

"Hi I'm Amie, I'll be your waitress this morning," Amie harped cheerfully, although inside, she didn't want to be there, her back hurt, so did her leg, and she was deathly afraid that the time she had spent covering up her black eye this morning would all be wasted and would be in bigger trouble when she got home. If that happened, she'd be better off not even going home, if you could even call it that - a home -. She'd have a better chance surviving out on her own in the world.

The long sleeve sweater and jeans she wore on this eighty-five degree day she was forced to wear if she wanted to go to work today, she wasn't allowed to wear shorts or even a short - sleeve shirt because they wouldn't cover all the bruises she adorned all over her body.

"Amie! Hi!" Vaughn smiled, and she sighed with relief, glad for once to see familiar faces in the throng of different faces she had seen working here since she was 13, over the last three years.

"Mr. and Mrs. Vaughn, what can I get you this morning?" she asked, very quietly and professionally. She had to keep a normal facade up, she couldn't let anyone know that something was wrong or it would result in a worse time for her when she got home tonight.

Sydney pursed her lips, "I'll just have a coffee and a chocolate chip muffin for now, Amie."

Amie turned her attention to Vaughn and caught the intense look of concentration on his face. "Hmm...let's see," he started before a brilliant, dazzling smile enveloped his mouth, "Okay I'll have...3 scrambled eggs, with bacon, sausage and toast and a cup of coffee also please."

Amie nodded and headed back towards the kitchen to turn the order in to the cook, when she thought she was out of everyone's view she finally let the pain in her leg be felt, and she limped away.

What she didn't know was Sydney and Vaughn had been watching her walk away, and had seen her limp.

"Did you see that?" Vaughn asked quietly, pointing to where Amie had just, obviously in pain, retreated to the kitchen.

Sydney nodded and then whispered, "We can ask her about it when she brings our food, just to make sure she's okay."

Ten minutes later Amie strolled back in with their food on trays, her mysterious limp gone. "Here's your food," she smiled, placing the trays on their table so she could lift the plates off, "Can I get you anything else?"

Vaughn looked at Sydney and she nodded, "Amie, sit down," he gestured towards an extra chair.

"What's going on?" she asked quietly.

"Why were you limping when you though no one was looking?" Sydney questioned, trying to be gentle.

"I fell down the stairs at my house," she lied, and when she saw their disbelieving looks, she continued, "really."

They both nodded, then Sydney grabbed her wrist, "Come on, you're going to be our tour guide for the day."

Amie walked in the door to her house fearfully, because she was a half hour late. No more than five steps in, she was met by the angry face of Margaret.

"Where have you been, Amie?" she barked.

"I was giving someone a tour," Amie muttered, her eyes on the ground.

"I told you to be home at 4," she yelled.

"But..." her protest was cut off as all went black and she crumpled to the floor.

More? (y) or (n) ?

Please review!

I like it! It's...Different. So is she being abused at home? I think you a really writing about a good topic, an important topic. Alot of kids are abused at home and it's wrong. Anyway, i'll shut up now. I love it, keep writing!

this is a great story!!!!! ;)
could you please send me a pm when you update??? ^_^
please? :smiley:
i really enjoy reading this chapter!
kisses
anya :smiley:

original story line...i like it a lot. update soon, please.

oh yeah...a pm would be great if you get a chance.

Back