SD-1 Refugees #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
mellybelly said:
Hey, where'd you go?

*pout*

Well in case you come back....

:eek:ldhi: and :hug: and :smooch:

I haven't been allowed into Hallmark today to check my card, but I'm so :love: that you sent me something. I'll keep trying to get to it.
[post="1089327"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​
I'm back, honey. :hug: I :throb: you.

I have a paragraph written. I don't really know where it will fit in. It's not like it goes as the first paragraph, it's just there, and it's not really done yet either....

But I'm having a problem.

I keep trying to type stuff, but I end up staring intently at my candle flickering on my desk. It's really fascinating.

Why can't I be one of those people who can just write so easily?

I swear making people write stuff is so mean.

I could sit down and explain myself to my prof just fine. I'm so good at talking about myself. Really I am. I can easily sum up my life story in talking format.

mellybelly said:
I have a paragraph written. I don't really know where it will fit in. It's not like it goes as the first paragraph, it's just there, and it's not really done yet either....

But I'm having a problem.

I keep trying to type stuff, but I end up staring intently at my candle flickering on my desk. It's really fascinating.

Why can't I be one of those people who can just write so easily?

I swear making people write stuff is so mean.

I could sit down and explain myself to my prof just fine. I'm so good at talking about myself. Really I am. I can easily sum up my life story in talking format.
[post="1089331"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​
What's the paper on?

:eek:ldhi: mouse :hug: How are you feeling?

The part of the brain that does writing, isn't necessarily the part of the brain that does talking. Though, even though your style here in the thread is conversational discussion, it is also a style of writing.
You are capable of doing writing; you just haven't had the same experiences of doing so as you have of doing "conversational" writing. But, your part of your brain that does the composing and writing homework, can learn to do so almost as smoothly as the part of your brain that does the conversational writing . . .
So, you can learn how to do the writing papers stuff more smoothly; it's just that you haven't had as much experience with it yet. :hug:

It's on me. (the paper I mean)

So for now I'm just writing all these random things down. I'm on my forth paragraph now, but I have no clue how I'm gonna tie them all together. Maybe my sister will be in a good mood tomorrow and want to help me. If not maybe I can bribe her somehow. I could offer to not make her pay me back all the money she owes me....

mellybelly said:
It's on me. (the paper I mean)

So for now I'm just writing all these random things down. I'm on my forth paragraph now, but I have no clue how I'm gonna tie them all together. Maybe my sister will be in a good mood tomorrow and want to help me. If not maybe I can bribe her somehow. I could offer to not make her pay me back all the money she owes me....
[post="1089335"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​
:console:

ETA: I have to go now. Good luck, Melly. :hug:

songofsongs said:
:console:

ETA: I have to go now. Good luck, Melly. :hug:
[post="1089338"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​
Thanks.

I actually seem to be doing a bit better now.

I've got over a page, which is really two when I double space it later. And I know where I'm going with stuff for awhile. But I'm still gonna have to go back in and answer most of the questions she has that I'm ignoring. The important thing is that I'm writing something. This is one paper I won't be posting on here though. I don't need the whole internet world to know the sordid (sp?) details of my life. Plus I'm sure my family wouldn't appreciate me including them in it.

Okay, caught up (I think) on today's visiting.
Might you want to go to the IM format, and converse about your paper, dearest darling Ms. Princess MellyBelly = Auntie Lissa??

(I can't send an IM to you, because you have that yellow thingie that blocks receiving of IM's activated right now . . . :cry: )

Sweetie said:
5x5:  We were at Sears the other day.  And I was looking around the toy section.

What do I see?

A Partytime Belle Doll!

:w00t: :w00t: :w00t:

I snatched it up and admired the hair.  :lovely:

And ran down the aisle waving the doll to my mother.

And she gave me a look.

And what did she say?

<_<

"Sweetie?  That's very cute.  But could you please go put it back?   We have to leave now."

So I walk back, pouting.  And see my dad on the way.  So I excitedly show it to him.

And what does he say?

"Sweetie!  Stay out of the toy aisle!  Grow up!  :rolleyes: "

*sniffle*

:cry:

I wanted so badly to buy that doll for Lil 5x5 as a Christmas present.

:cry:

ETA - I didn't type quick enough!  *bursts into tears*
[post="1089130"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​
:console: :hug: :smooch: Aww! I want to buy it for you for Christmas!

Of course, now the wheels are turning--tell me all about this Partytime Belle! Is she a Barbie doll-type thing?

Just for the record, Belle or not, any Barbie-type dolls are not allowed in our home yet. I hate Barbie. :lol: Lil 5x5 recently told her daycare teacher that we don't like Barbie. When asked why, lil 5x5 said, "Because she's not smart!" :lol: :lol:

LisE said:
Our snow is still around a bit, but it's melting.  Sadly.  I'm doing well, if not panicking somewhat for finals the next two weeks.  :eek:  Lots of writing and reading for me, I'm afraid.   :lol:
[post="1089161"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​
:console: :hug: :smooch: LisE, you will do so well. I know it! I have all the confidence in the world in you.

Sweetie said:
It would never get used if the choice were left up to the wonderful prime and 5x5.

As I've been trained to use :balush: and :balugsh: with them.

:bag:
[post="1089188"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​
:lol: :lol: :lol: That's right!

:eek:ldhi: empty thread! :sun: :sun:

8 hours of sleep was a wonderful idea!

ETA: :eek:ldhi: song! :woot:
Did I miss you? :thinking:
Yes. :( Okay--for when you come back--:hug:

Good morning thread :eek:ldhi: :lol:

A lot of :sun: :sun: :sun: here, i share... :D ;)

Latest update from Blake :number1: :

Monday, November 29, 2004

The database is ours! I just finished downloading the database from Invision and I am now uploading it to our new server. The upload will complete while I sleep tonight (I am still tired and recovering from this cold). Tomorrow morning, when I wake up, I will import the database and when I get home around 5:20pm, I will finally be able to see if this fixes our problems. Keep your fingers crossed!

posted by Blake at 7:17 PM | 10 comments

:woot: :woot: :woot: :clover: ✌️

character49.gif
Good morning, thread!
character49.gif

Happy Tuesday to everyone!

DGSE, thank you for posting the update! :woot:

Don't see you right now, Nsspense, but :eek:ldhi: and :hug: to you! I thought of you yesterday as I was helping wee-Prime #4 with a project on Leif Eriksson! :lol:

And :hug: :throb:
love38.gif
for 5x5 when she comes back!

Time to play Reveille for some wee-Primes!

Good Morning Thread! :sun:

I only see prime, but I know DGSE and 5x5 are around.. :eek:ldhi:

How did the project turn out prime? What grade is wee #4 in? It was learning about the explorers in 5th grade social studies that made me love history, and that teacher that made me want to be a teacher! :smiley:

~sally~ said:
:eek:ldhi:

nsspense is back!!!!!

:woot::woot::woot::woot:

:hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug: 
i am so glad u had fun.....and he is officially your boyfriend!!!!

this is sooo exciting....

of course i missed u as usual so u won't see this till later....but i am so happy for you..

ok..carry on..:blush2:
[post="1088910"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​
:hug: thanks sally :smiley: I can't believe how I always miss you! I don't think that happened as much on SD-1....

:eek:ldhi: Har, Mel, and LisE! :hug: (And of course, nsspense!)

ETA: LisE, you have to vote in the "Who's the hottest guy on Angel" poll. Angel is winning! :blink:

Har said:
Morning 5x5, Lis, Mell, Nsspense= Hugs!!

5x5- It seems like a good day for the park. Are you going??

Har
[post="1089576"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​
:eek:ldhi: Har! :hug: Lil 5x5 is at daycare today, so she'll probably go to the park near there. Maybe we'll stop by on the way home. It is beautiful today, isn't it?

5x5 said:
ETA: LisE, you have to vote in the "Who's the hottest guy on Angel" poll.  Angel is winning!  :blink:
[post="1089565"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

After season two, Angel is "puffy," huh? :lol: I :love: you! :hug:

:eek:ldhi: to everyone this morning. :D

LisE said:
After season two, Angel is "puffy," huh?  :lol:  I :love: you! :hug:

:eek:ldhi: to everyone this morning.   :D
[post="1089587"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​
:lol: :lol: I :love: you, too! I really do think he lost all appeal after season 2. "Puffy" was the best word I could think of. I'm sure to anger someone with it, though... :rolleyes:

What is with the lack of Spike love at AllAlias? :confused:

ETA: Hey! :woot: My 600th post! :blush:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back