Shows With Low Ratings Get The Boot

kiki81ny said:
From the Courier Journal-

Alias is mentioned at the bottom----it's not encouraging.

"American Dreams" is an NBC favorite. The network has put a lot of money and promotion into the show about a 1960s teenager, but it's expensive, and at No. 65 in the season tallies, it's teetering toward cancellation. So is CBS' "The Agency," a show you might think would be going great guns with all the talk of war and terrorism. But the CIA drama is close to extinction at 77.

The most interesting dilemma may be ABC's "Alias." The quirky spy show gets oodles of network promotion and hype. But the show about a young female agent on the run seems ripe at No.92 for being killed off. Being a network darling will only get you so far.
I tell you these polls are rigged if the Networks just look at all the clubs and groups and websites on ALIAS and American Dreams they see there are a large cult following. :angry:

What is with most of the TV watchers now are they brained washed most TV shows are trash now... either filled with violence and no plot or very gross images... I was in my fitness gym one day and a young woman had this show on where the contestants were on spring break and dared and won prizes for eating intestines and bulls (I too lady like to mention parts) and it was making me sick to my stomach but this young woman was really getting off on this idotic show!!! :confused:

I don't understand how they can keep trash and such junk on today and not keep good shows like American Dreams and ALIAS where my suggestion to this is move the shows to UPN Network Broadcast Televison with Andromeda and Voyager and other such classics TV Shows. (y) (y) (y) :D

Now the Agency I can see it being cancelled and maybe even 24 because it is becoming all violence and no plot but American Dreams and ALIAS is still very good shows and enjoyable to watch with lots of fans!!! ;) :D

If ABC and NBC don't see this then I say move to UPN and keeping running the show from there!!! (y) (y) (y) (y) (y) :cool:

Enjoy your day! :smiley:

Lynne aka Jaredpuppy

that writer has obviously never seen the show! there is no way it deserves to be shelved! It needs to stay around for years! i dunno what i'd do without it!

I can't believe they insulted Alias like that!! Forget them!!! As everyone else has been saying, thank the lord Alias was signed for a third season!!

Lynne said:
my suggestion to this is move the shows to UPN Network Broadcast Televison with Andromeda and Voyager and other such classics TV Shows.  (y)  (y)  (y)  :D
Unfortunately, the health of UPN itself isn't looking so good these days . . .

I'd think that Fox or WB might be the better fit were it to bail and move to another network. (And, actually, Fox is proving with 24 that it has a better idea of what to do with this sort of program . . . and Fox is in better health than ABC right now . . .) But! That's not yet necessary!
;)

verdantheart said:
Lynne said:
my suggestion to this is move the shows to UPN Network Broadcast Televison with Andromeda and Voyager and other such classics TV Shows.   (y)  (y)  (y)  :D
Unfortunately, the health of UPN itself isn't looking so good these days . . .

I'd think that Fox or WB might be the better fit were it to bail and move to another network. (And, actually, Fox is proving with 24 that it has a better idea of what to do with this sort of program . . . and Fox is in better health than ABC right now . . .) But! That's not yet necessary!
;)
Well if it is necessary and the Writers and JJ Abrams do the right thing to move to another TV Network if ABC cancels at some point, I would like it to be Broadcast TV since I don't have cable unless in my apartment Gym occasionally for an hour in the morning and no Dish with several paid channels. It has got to be free TV for me or it is the same as the show being cancelled for me! :eek:

FOX was considering and may have cancelled a show I liked SCI FI "FIREFLY" that was good it was so undecided and no episodes since Christmas that the cast moved on to other shows. The co-star was Anna the equal in talents Nemesis to Sydney from Season One rumor has it she may return to that role on ALIAS in the near future! One good thing to the change in status of FIREFLY since she was good in that role on ALIAS and it made Sydney even more competitive in her fight roles with Anna! :rolleyes: (y)

ABC cancelled a show I also enjoyed that was on only a few months which was very cute called "THIEVES" a take from the TV show "It takes a thief" with Robert Wagner and the movie with Grace Kelly and Cary Grant "To catch a Thief" or was the names the other way around... anyway it had a small cult gathering and ABC cancelled to watch shows like "Funniest Video moments" which to me is a really dumb show... who can figure it... where "THIEVES" was classy and stylists I like the beginning where they were doing a tango dance as a opening to the show! (n) :woot:

ABC, CBS, NBC, and sometimes FOX is very finkle :( (n) and other networks such as UPN and PBS will keep a good show on for as long as they wish to run ... Voyager seven seasons ... and other such shows... etc. (y) (y) (y) :D

Well maybe ABC is smart enough not to terminate a good show like ALIAS especially with the fan letters and items being sold but THIEVES fans sent a lot of letters to the network too and they cancelled so you cannot predict what a network like ABC will do... :angry: :confused:

OH well for now we do have a Season Three beginning to look forward to and hopefully ABC will wise-up and keep a potential money maker such as ALIAS... (y) ;) :D

When guess stars come on promotion got to be done with their fans such as David Carradine ... because ALIAS fans already are fans but David Carradine and Faye Dunaway and Amy Irving fans may not by promoting on their Internet groups and websites (such as Kung Fu or David Carradine Fan Groups that the STARS) are on ALIAS they will watch ALIAS when they are on and possibly become hooked on the show increasing the potential fans gathering to ALIAS show! ;) :rolleyes:

Enjoy your weekend! :D

Lynne

UPN, unfortunately, isn't what it used to be. Its new chief is affiliated with CBS (oh, who is it?) and he has been quoted as saying that he never would have approved buying Buffy the Vampire Slayer and he's not too keen on keeping the Trek franchise going without significant improvement in ratings. Meanwhile, their latest offerings haven't been very promising. So I don't trust them as much as I used to.
;)

CSI is doing amazing. SpongeBob SquarePants is doing better than Alias. That's pretty sad. I mean, Sydney could blow that laughing sponge away if she wanted to. Lol.
kylo4

*plugs Mr. Cabs ears*...that evil article made My cabbage cry!! It wont happen!! Never Ill shoot everyone at ABC if they do...!!

kylo4 said:
CSI is doing amazing. SpongeBob SquarePants is doing better than Alias. That's pretty sad. I mean, Sydney could blow that laughing sponge away if she wanted to. Lol.
kylo4
I guess im not helping then...I watch spongebob!! :lol:...it IS a good show guys loL! Nautical nonsense!

kiki81ny said:
From the Courier Journal-

The most interesting dilemma may be ABC's "Alias." The quirky spy show gets oodles of network promotion and hype. But the show about a young female agent on the run seems ripe at No.92 for being killed off. Being a network darling will only get you so far.
Hi, I'm new here. I wanted to start a new thread in this section based on the quote above. I think it's important enough to merit it's own thread. However, I got a message saying that I was denied being able to start a new thread and that I needed to read something or another. Please excuse my frankness, but this is a very huge, multi-facted, complicated forum, and I really don't have time to read all the numerous stipulations. So please, if somebody will, please tell me why I've been denied being able to start a new thread.

Who makes up the ratings anyhow? It obvously isn't the milions of other people that watch Alias. I watch some of the other shows that they say are in peril. I wish I had one of those boxes on my T.V. so they cou;d track what I watch. Too bad the stupid people who rated Alias don't get to kick the show of because it has been signed for another season. I say, watch the show and get more people to watch so they can't back up their words. Alias rocks and I think I'd cry if they took it off. Second thought, I would cry. 92 is not the bottom and the glass is always half full when it comes to Alias.

Back