Season 3 So many questions!

ivand67

Sydney's Lover
Alias: Episode 3.12 (56) "Crossings"

Comments:

:Ph34r: - So far, Lauren seems like a really bad mole. She was very nervous while at the office. Who knows how many episodes it will take for them to find out she's Covenant, but for sure she seems like the female version of Sark now and I think she'll be a long-time regular, so if you don't like her, too bad. I've read a couple spoilers on her and I think she'll be on the show for a long time.

:Ph34r: - Isn't it getting ridiculously old to see Jack use a stupid instant messenger program to talk to his ex-wife? Something needs to happen and they have to bring back Lena! I don't know how JJ can put up with her absence for so long. They should have signed her to a contract, cause now they can't bring anybody else to play Sydney's mom and it's hurting the show a little bit.

:Ph34r: - As emotional as it was to see Sydney and Vaughn kiss, seeing what they were going through and their conversation, I think the top moment for me personally was when Marshall hugged them at the office! That was really awesome.

:Ph34r: - Weiss should have noticed something weird about Lauren. When he told her that Jack called and that Syd and Vaughn were alive, she just seemed worried and asked "where are they?", until she realized that she was supposed to be extremely happy to hear what should have been great news for her. Lauren is Irina 2.0, fooling Vaughn into a relationship of lust. Hopefully as the show goes on they will build on how she fooled him into falling in love with her.

:Ph34r: - vaughn: "Bad enough being a fugitive in North Korea, now I have to find out you slept with Will?" This comment by Vaughn is very awkward. He is married for crying out loud, he is not supposed to oppose that or say anything about it. I see why he thinks that way, of course, but I don't see why he wouldn't eat those words. I would have omitted this if I was JJ, but, whatever.

:Ph34r: - And another awkward moment was Irina's sister kissing Jack! How weird and unexpected was that? Especially after she kissed him on the cheek saying that was from Irina... They had never met before, so I guess she liked him?? Really weird.

:Ph34r: - Also, it didn't make much sense to me that Jack would just go to Sloane's office and try to kill him. He was gonna be caught there being in a big building! That's another little detail that they should have improved. Jack should have gone to his house or something or killed him in a more private place. However I thought that was still great, and I loved Ron Rifkin's acting and all of his lines, like I usually do. He is a vital part of the show.

(y) (y) But overall, this episode definitely showed some more progress, in regards to Sydney and Vaughn's relationship, and next episode, the CIA will find out a lot more about the Covenant. For the entire season we wanted to find out what we found out on Full Disclosure, but there are still a lot of questions to be asked. Like, why didn't Sydney destroy that cube? And now, what has Sloane done to Irina that she wanted him dead, supposedly? It actually kinda seems that all Irina's sister wanted to do was destroy the trust between Jack and Sloane, and she succeeded. The biggest question is what's going on with Irina and what her plan is. That, and the Covenant of course.

Then you have the whole thing about McKennas Cole and Sloane, well, I need to stop typing, there are so many questions!! We got 4 weeks to get our thoughts together, next epi is on February 15th.

Lauren: I agree :lol: Just all those looks she had... :blink: She wasn't very good in this ep, she was much better in other ones :confused:

About Irina, it's the only way we can have her so I'll take anything :lol:

And when Vaughn cared so much about Syd and Will I was like :blink: :lol: :wtf: He's married! :rolleyes:

vaughn: "Bad enough being a fugitive in North Korea, now I have to find out you slept with Will?" This comment by Vaughn is very awkward. He is married for crying out loud, he is not supposed to oppose that or say anything about it. I see why he thinks that way, of course, but I don't see why he wouldn't eat those words. I would have omitted this if I was JJ, but, whatever.
And another awkward moment was Irina's sister kissing Jack! How weird and unexpected was that? Especially after she kissed him on the cheek saying that was from Irina... They had never met before, so I guess she liked him?? Really weird.
Also, it didn't make much sense to me that Jack would just go to Sloane's office and try to kill him. He was gonna be caught there being in a big building! That's another little detail that they should have improved. Jack should have gone to his house or something or killed him in a more private place. However I thought that was still great, and I loved Ron Rifkin's acting and all of his lines, like I usually do. He is a vital part of the show

I don't know why anyone would be surprised that vaughn would admit to marrying the wrong woman or being in love with Sydney which is becoming more the case with every episode. It's not his fault she came back from the dead after he had taken himself off the market. He screwed up, and it still kills him and they both know it that's all. They're both living with it.

Man those Russian woman like that are just nuts for real!!! I'm tellin ya. They do stuff like that all of the time.

As far as Jack doing the killing in the office, I think he'd probably know how to get away with it. You're right though, kind of risky.

and I don't think Irina wanted Sloane dead. Just untrusting of Jack and shook up a bit.
And yes, Lauren looks a mess to be sticking around for too much longer. They need to do something with her.

This episode made little sense in the scheme of things, in fact it seemed like it was supposed to air a few episodes down the line as it really did little to deal with the major plot line that unfolded last week. All we got to see was Lauren trying to act evil, very poorly I might add. It feel like we are supposed to see her as a hybrid of Irena and Alison, and it seems as though that plot device is tired.

The only redeeming quality this episdoe had was Lauren's sassy little quip to Sydney after the mission meeting.

Hmm can you tell I am not a shipper??

irina was messing with jack and sloane...i don't think jack would have really killed sloane. (sloane seems to regenerate faster than a starfish anyway lol, just like evil francie). he probably knew he was being watched; but to show up unexpected like that at sloane's office was definitely meant to shake up the trust between them.

i think lauren's nervousness was just made apparent now because we know she's not exactly the innocent, non-speeding, non-gun-totin' lady she appears to be. i thought she acted remarkably well surrounded by cias, as per usual

i don't think Lauren is a very convincing "bad guy". You would think that her being in a building of people who are trained to read other people with such thinly-veiled nervousness would make somebody catch on! And I'm sorry, but that kiss between Jack and Katya (I think that's her name, i forget :rolleyes: ) was disturbing.

Lauren isn't the greatest double agent, or betrayer, she was snooping around vaughn's desk when vaughn came and he didn't suspect anything, she paused for several seconds with weiss, he didn't suspect anything, and out of the blue lauren invites sydney to dinner, and tells vaughn that she likes sydney???? what is up with that? nobody suspects anything?

Okay, big deal. vaughn showed he was jealous that Sydney slept with Will. Get over it. I thought it was absolutely adorable. Yeah, he's married, but its been very well established that he is STILL head over heels in love with Sydney. He's human guys, give him a break. I think JJ is setting things up between them for a reunion. Everyone wants them back together so badly and its only a matter of time. JJ is teasing us.

And I thought that big smooch from Katya was hysterical. Isabella Rosselini needs to be in more episodes, she was brilliant and Irina's sister. Absolutely brilliant! Kissing Jack that way and then walking away from him saying "too many questions" with that grin on her face was so great. I loved her! I hope she comes back for more appearances.

Also, it was great to see that Sark isn't aware of Lauren's involvement! I was wondering how they'd expect us to believe that when they had that car scene awhile back when Lauren looked like she was ready to pee her pants.

And finally, nice to see the "mummy" out and about again. He makes being bald sexy.

I wanna add that other than Marshall hugging Syd and Vaughn, another great moment from this episode was when Katya stabbed that guy in his hands with those prongs. That was brutal but kinda cool. Ouch!! :eek: :eek:

Back