Season 3 So many questions

I've been reading these boards for a while & always come here to get my questions answered, but so far, I can't find the answer to this one. Why is Lauren even at the CIA now? Wasn't she sent there by the NSC to investigate Lazarey's murder? So, the covenant may not have known the murder was a fake, but by the time the CIA/NSC (ok, some of the CIA & the DSR knew it had been faked), shouldn't Lauren's assignment have ended? Why is she in on all the CIA meetings & plans now?
I love reading everyone's reactions to the Lauren character- I am not motivated by any intense need to have Syd & Vauhn together (though I like them), but I have really found her acting to be awful. This is a phenomenal cast, and she is just not holding her own. I've seen someone say "she doesn't act 'layers' very well"; she has only one expression; the only way we can glean anything from her screen presence is if her mouth is hanging open & there is music playing in the background; the only on-screen chemistry she has had is with Sark- which is of course b/c of Sark & not her; lol- I think all of this is very true!
Nothing about her character is believable, let alone convincing. So she's supposed to have bad all along (according to Abrams)? Doesn't seem to be as well-written or well-played as ANY of the other intrigue between characters that has been presented in this show.
One other question- why does the covenant decide to take out Bristow & Vaughn in this epi? She's no longer any use to them b/c they have already harvested her eggs? It doesn't seem to add up either- they've obviously had a vested interest in her up until now. Why not take out the defector? And what is with the stupid shoot the pilots plan?

She's still liaison to the NSC--they still need someone in that capacity to work with the CIA. How else is the NSC to do its job? Although why, exactly, she needs to sit in on briefings . . . all the better to spy on the CIA, I guess . . .
;)

lauren may be a little unstable as a double agent but her intentions are far from that. she obviously does not love vaughn, sure she hesitated a little when her handler wanted the name of the airport to eliminate syd and vaughn, but she still gave it to him, knowing she just killed her husband. what kind of love is that?

I think her hesitation showed she had some affection for Vaughn, but not love. She knew if she didnt tell the Covenant, they would prbly torture or kill her, so she selfishly thought about herself first. I guess Lauren has replaced Lindsay at the CIA as a liason. Hmm. I don't quite know why she's there though.

Back