Soccer

What's with United in the Champions League in recent years?

Along with Arsenal, Man Utd play the best football week in week out in the Premiership. But their Champions League games are so boring, they can't string any passes together whatsoever.

What's with United in the Champions League in recent years?

Along with Arsenal, Man Utd play the best football week in week out in the Premiership. But their Champions League games are so boring, they can't string any passes together whatsoever.

Once Fergie plays a SETTLED 11, in Euro matches...meaning an 11 that have played 3 or 4 matches on bounce, you'll see the Utd of old in Europe. The only thing missing is a permanent partner upfront for Rooney as King Henrik wont be staying past his loan deal, fair play to him...a shame tho as he has been class! I still wonder if selling Van the Man was a good move...we are stronger at the back and better in midfield than last year, but weaker upfront in Europe :(

Got that right.

Rooney isn't an out and out goalscorer.

Saha is a bit iffy.

Solskjaer is a legend, but he's past it now.

United really need a new upfronter.

Well they have Larsson for a few more weeks, he isn't past it yet either, he's shown it in the Premiership.

Liverpool and Chelsea playing tonight. Should be a good match against Porto and i expect Barcelona to woop Liverpool since they're felgercarb.

2-1 to the 'Pool at the minute. How's that for felgercarb? :lol:

Both Bellamy and Riise have been in the papers all wekk for the wrong reasons, they'll be in them tomorrow for the right ones.

:lol: they usually felgercarb, can never put up a serious title challenge with the likes of Chelsea and Manchester Utd but play pretty damn good in Europe.

Saw Ipswich could soon be under new ownership, mystery consortium assembled to clear the 30m debt at the club.

UEFA Cup football wasn't bad tonight, Newcastle through 4-1 on aggregate, Blackburn got knocked out because of poor refereeing and Rangers hammered Hapoel Tel-Aviv 4-0 at Ibrox.

I don't want some Abramovich type character coming a long and buying the club. I'd much rather a less wealthy fan taking it.

Chelsea has lost all credibility in my eyes.

Come on then lads, The Champions league. Now we've seen all 16 clubs play, who do you reckon will win it?

I had my money on Valencia in the group stages to go all the way, and I'm sticking with 'em.

I don't want some Abramovich type character coming a long and buying the club. I'd much rather a less wealthy fan taking it.

Chelsea has lost all credibility in my eyes.
Come on then lads, The Champions league. Now we've seen all 16 clubs play, who do you reckon will win it?

I had my money on Valencia in the group stages to go all the way, and I'm sticking with 'em.

IF Fergie can get us scoring more frequently in Europe...I see us taking the Premiership & Champ League :D

I would love to see United win it. Just to rub it in Chelsea's noses.

The order I want teams to win;

Man United
Liverpool
Valencia
Barcelona

I couldn't cope if Arsenal or Chelsea won it. Their heads would get even fuckin' bigger. Arrogant cunts. <_<

I would love to see United win it. Just to rub it in Chelsea's noses.

The order I want teams to win;

Man United
Liverpool
Valencia
Barcelona
I couldn't cope if Arsenal or Chelsea won it. Their heads would get even fuckin' bigger. Arrogant cunts. <_<

Arsenal I could cope with, cos at least they play great footy most of time like Man Utd...Chelsea...cant stand them so if Utd won Id be delighted, especially if we also pip them to the title :D which looks a decent bet with John Terry being injured

On another note I'm sure youll appreciate this Marshy...being an Ipswich fan....no joy to David Marshall, on loan from Celtic at Norwich, his seasons over now due to injury..bad news for Scotland but part of me is chuckling about it...cos he was due to come to Hibs!

Norwich are the least of our troubles. We're now 4 points off the relegation zone. :(

Terry has made a recovery already. He might even be playing in todays Carling Cup final.

I hope an English will win it, i would put money on Manchester United winning it this campaign with Liverpool followed in second.

Once Fergie plays a SETTLED 11, in Euro matches...meaning an 11 that have played 3 or 4 matches on bounce, you'll see the Utd of old in Europe. The only thing missing is a permanent partner upfront for Rooney as King Henrik wont be staying past his loan deal, fair play to him...a shame tho as he has been class! I still wonder if selling Van the Man was a good move...we are stronger at the back and better in midfield than last year, but weaker upfront in Europe

Well this is the problem, if you remember the season when United won the treble they always had backup from other strikers, in that season you had Cole, Yorke (Great partnership there) Sheringham and Solskjaer (tell me im missing any more) but my point is there would always be replacements ready, this season you don't have that to an extent. That showed in the final when he substituted Cole and Yorke for Sheringham and Solskjaer in the second half and won it!!!

Well this is the problem, if you remember the season when United won the treble they always had backup from other strikers, in that season you had Cole, Yorke (Great partnership there) Sheringham and Solskjaer (tell me im missing any more) but my point is there would always be replacements ready, this season you don't have that to an extent. That showed in the final when he substituted Cole and Yorke for Sheringham and Solskjaer in the second half and won it!!!

Absolutely spot on! This year we only really have Rooney, occasionally Ole, Saha hasnt been the same since that shocking performance against Celtic, and well Henrik isnt going to be there much longer. This year we are relying on Giggs,Carrick, Scholes and Ronaldo to weigh in with goals

On another note...the cup double is still on for the glorious Hibees!! 2-1 to the boys!! I just hope we dont get Celtic in the semis :(

My heart sunk when John Terry was on the floor. It looked so bad. The way his hand went, I thought he had some sort of stroke. Terrible.

It seems like he's gonna be OK though, which is brilliant news.

Cracking game all in all. Chelsea had to play against a bunch of kids and they still only manage a 2-1 win. :lol:

My heart sunk when John Terry was on the floor. It looked so bad. The way his hand went, I thought he had some sort of stroke. Terrible.

It seems like he's gonna be OK though, which is brilliant news.

Cracking game all in all. Chelsea had to play against a bunch of kids and they still only manage a 2-1 win. :lol:

Broken jaw I think :thinking: Great game, marred by silliness right at the end

What the frack was Adebayor playing at??? Silly silly boy, hope he gets a hefty ban :angry:

Yeah John Terry is a tough sod!! If only he was wearing red instead of the Chelsea blue...imagine him and Rio at the back for Man U?? No fucker would score against us :D

Back