Some Hero's Journey concept art and game models

"I have a little hat." :P Awesome.

Naeya: You're only saying that because you love the hookah. I prefer the Suwari with the dagger, as I don't like the style of the other one's face.

I think I recall someone saying that Suwari would still be in the game at launch, just not playable.

Also, in case anyone hasn't seen it, Tracy has a comic that she updates both on her DA site and her personal site. Here's the first page:

Lackadaisy Introduction 1

One of the reasons I'll never stop looking forward to this game is the artwork... for some odd reason it just... speaks to me. If that makes sense.

*narrows eyes*

Tisn't nice to tease.

Oh I hope Suwari aren't small, I'd love to bring Tsuim into HJ.

I'm pretty sure Nav meant the monsters and other things were the 'critters.'

Heck, if anyone called Tsuim a 'critter' they'd get their eyes clawed out...

I hope they save a lot of those sketches for the last 1/2 of the game... They look too cool for me to be slaughtering at level 5

Hey though, what if those are the level 5 critters... and there's something even more amazing for high end stuff? Ya never know!

If I have to kill another dozen badgers here or twenty gigantic wasps there (oh yes, MAJOR wasp phobia) I think I might scream.

I'm pretty sure Simu is going to stray away from the done and done again monster models in other MMORPGs. They have a very talented art team, and have nothing to work on but HJ stuff (being that all the other games are text or... cyberstrike).

I just can't play these first-gen MMORPGs anymore, everytime you leave town it's the same drab wildlife. Wolves, bears, wasps, skeletons, snakes, goblins, orcs, I mean good lord give me some new variety of things to whack.

The various concept art there reminds me of Saga of Ryzom mobs. Whew, the most usual looking think you'll find there are wolves... and even they have four tiny insect like eyes. Never a boring moment when it came to beating the felgercarb out of things, there were some reeeeally creepy things in that game.

Well, at least I hope there are a few quests for "kill X wolves, bears, rats, and whatnot". It wouldn't be a proper MMORPG without at least a handful of them.

I would hope mundane, mindless quests like that get the axe on Simu's "to-do" list. It's so done out, and doesn't add anything to storyline or the fantasy as a whole. Leave the mindless killing for the grinders, and give us functional quests that are intuitive, give us choices on how to complete them, and affect your character (and sometimes others) on how you solve them.

Simu is apparently taking an entirely new approach to questing in general, breaking away from pointless missions and moving towards innovative gameplay enhancing quests that you can really submerge yourself in.

To this I say "finally" because these older concepts of questing are boring and tedious. I'm sure I'm not alone in the notion that, while slightly less rewarding xp wise, it's better to just grind instead of doing this variety of quests.

Well, at least I hope there are a few quests for "kill X wolves, bears, rats, and whatnot". It wouldn't be a proper MMORPG without at least a handful of them.

I would hope mundane, mindless quests like that get the axe on Simu's "to-do" list. It's so done out, and doesn't add anything to storyline or the fantasy as a whole. Leave the mindless killing for the grinders, and give us functional quests that are intuitive, give us choices on how to complete them, and affect your character (and sometimes others) on how you solve them.

Simu is apparently taking an entirely new approach to questing in general, breaking away from pointless missions and moving towards innovative gameplay enhancing quests that you can really submerge yourself in.

To this I say "finally" because these older concepts of questing are boring and tedious. I'm sure I'm not alone in the notion that, while slightly less rewarding xp wise, it's better to just grind instead of doing this variety of quests.

If you expect to see 'Kill X Critter' quests, I suggest you look elsewhere. Diviana and her cohorts have much more creative tricks up their sleeves.

Hmm, personally, whats far more annoying to me than basic kill and return quests are overly epic quests that unexplainably everyone in the game can do.

WoW is the worst at this. A handful of us do a quest, which is at the end of a string of quests, to kill a well known traitor of our people who is holed up in his fortress. We gear up, we roleplay through it. Each of us has a reason to go there, we are ready to kill this man that wrong our entire race. Go down, lay the smack down kill the guy, feel our duty done and finish the quest. The leader of our people even calls us heros and asks us to bring news of this mans death and our deeds to our allies.

Fast forward two days later... one of our group's alts needs help with the same quest. So inexplecably we all do the same thing over again, killing the same well known person. A week later a new player joins our group and we have to do it -again-. At that point we just threw RP out the window and tore through it OOC. Because we'd already KILLED the guy, even though we really didn't.

One of my characters just returned from being away from her homeland for two years (a re-roll). She returned to find NOTHING changed. That elf's spirit is still trapped, the man still needs someone to check on the Furbolg rising, that man wants you to kill the wandering spirit of his lost love. She's already done all these things, and two years later nothing has changed.

It's absolutely terrible, I would rather play a game that has no quests like Ryzom and have the freedom to create my own reasons for going out and hunting, than have a static world where everyone is a godly hero and nothing ever evolves or changes.