Someone Like You

Syd_Vaughn 4ver

Wish upon a star...
:hi:

^_^ This is just a lil story i wrote while i was bored!! :rolleyes: lol....

Summary: AU, Michael Vaughn is a dentist who just moved from New York to LA. He becomes Francie's new dentist and then he meets Sydney..... :love:
Francie and Will are dating and Weiss is around somewhere!! :P

Chapter 1

“Ouch!” Sydney rolled her eyes at her best friend and flipped over the page of her magazine.

“Francie! You’ve put up with this for over a week, I’m sure an extra five minutes won’t kill you!”

“You try living with this pain and well see how you feel.” Francie folded her arms over her chest and looked away from her friend, her gaze focused on the tropical fish swimming around the tank.

“Just because you’re in pain, there’s no need to take it out on me.” The receptionist looked up from the file that she had been reading and glanced at the two women. She looked at them both, her eyes silently telling them to keep the noise down, so that they didn’t disturb the other patients. Sydney looked at her and gave her a small, polite smile.

“Besides,” she turned back to look at Francie, her voice hushed as she spoke. “If you had listened to me last week when I told you to go and see a dentist, the problem would be all sorted by now, and we would be looking through the racks at Macy’s instead of sitting in the dentist’s office!” She placed the magazine on the table infront of her and looked back at her watch.

“I would have gone last week but I was busy!” Francie commented, her eyes still glued to the fish tank. “Why is it that all dentist surgeries have fish tanks?”

Sydney laughed and slowly shook her head. “Don’t be changing the subject!” She nudged her with her elbow and smiled at her.

The door to the dentist’s office opened, and out walked a middle-aged man with his five-year-old daughter holding his hand. The little girl had a lollipop in her hand and a huge smile on her face. Sydney was shocked to see that the child hadn’t come out of the room in tears like most children do.

The receptionist picked up the next file and read out the name. “Francie Calfo?” Francie nodded as she stood up, handing her purse to Sydney. “Dr. Vaughn will see you know.” She gestured for Francie to follow her as she walked into the Dr.’s office and handed him the patient file.

Francie walked into the room and smiled at the receptionist as she went back to her desk.

“Miss Calfo, I’m Michael Vaughn.” He extended his hand and smiled at her.

She gladly shook his hand and smiled back at him. “Please call me Francie.” He nodded and motioned for her to sit in the chair. Francie found herself staring at him, amazed by just how cute he was. What are you doing? You have a boyfriend! Will!

“So what seems to be the problem?” He took out a clean pair of rubber gloves and put them on his hands. He pressed the button on the side of the chair, causing Francie to slowly fall back until she was lying down.

“Toothache! I’ve had it for just over a week now.” She looked at him and realized that that had been a mistake. His eyes captivated her; they were deep green and so intense. His hair was tousled slightly, making it look like he had just gotten out of bed. Will! Think about Will!

“Let me take a look.” He picked up a small mirror and placed it in her mouth so that he could see all of her teeth. “Yeah, the problem’s your wisdom teeth.” He removed his gloves and threw them into the bin beside him.

“Will they have to be taken out?”

He shook his head. “No, that’s not necessary. I’ll just give you some medication that should ease the pain, but you’ll have to come back and see me in two days to check that everything’s ok.” Francie nodded as he stood up and walked over to his desk and wrote out the prescription for the medication that she needed.

“I haven’t seen you around here before. Are you new or has it just been that long since I was last here?” He laughed at her joke and handed her the prescription.

“Well your records do show that it has been a couple of months since we last saw you!” Francie looked away, her cheeks colouring slightly. She knew that she should go to the dentist more often but she always put of going, until something like toothache happened. “But I did only just start here. I moved from New York a couple of weeks ago.”

“Oh, ok.” She folded the piece of paper and placed it in the back pocket of her jeans.

They walked back into the reception area. “The pain should hopefully go away in a couple of hours.” He assured her, opening up her file and jotting down the medication that he had prescribed for her.

Sydney gathered her stuff as she noticed Francie standing at the receptionist’s desk.

“Everything sorted?” She asked, handing the bag back to her. Francie nodded and smiled.

“Yes, you won’t have to put up with my moaning for much longer!”

“That’s such a relief.” Sydney teased, putting her arm around Francie’s shoulder and giving her a side hug.

“Miss Calfo, is 2:30 Thursday afternoon ok for you?” The receptionist asked politely.

“Yeah, that’s fine.” The receptionist nodded and wrote the time down in the appointment book. Michael handed her Francie’s file, ready for it to be filed away with the others. He picked another file ready for his next patient.

“So I’ll see you Thursday?” He noticed that another woman had joined his patient and his attention turned to her. She was dressed in jeans and a black top, her hair falling loosely around her face, which had minimal make-up but still managed to look radiant. He smiled at her before realizing that his gaze had been on her for far too long. He quickly looked back at Francie to see her nod.

“Yep, I’ll see you then.”

She turned to leave linking her arm through with Sydney’s. Sydney stood still for a minute, her eyes silently studying his face, his hair, his eyes. She finally regained control of her feet and walked towards the door. As Francie was opening the door, Sydney took one last look behind her and was surprised to see that he was watching them walk out. Their eyes locked and there was nothing left to do but smile.

“Ok, who was that?”

“Michael Vaughn.”

“He’s your dentist?” Francie nodded.

Sydney sighed as she took out her car keys. “I really need to change my dentist.” She joked, her lips curved up into a smile.

~

:smiley: so what do ya think? :angelic: ^_^

Lianne :santasmile:

He smiled at her before realizing that his gaze had been on her for far too long.
:love: bless him!!! he's so sweet!

“I really need to change my dentist.” She joked.

🇳🇴 thats not a joke, hun... thats reality!!! :P

update soon please, Lianne.
and put me on the PM list :D

~steph

“Ok, who was that?”

“Michael Vaughn.”

“He’s your dentist?” Francie nodded.

Sydney sighed as she took out her car keys. “I really need to change my dentist.” She joked, her lips curved up into a smile.

:love:

Great Chapter
I Loved IT
Cant wait for more

:woot:

omg omg omg! she so has to get a toothache or something and then change her dentist!! :woot: this is such a cool idea! hehe, i cant wait to see where you go with this! can i please get a pm when you update? pwetty pwease? ^_^

Cai
:miniflower:

This is great!! :D
Please add me to your PM list!!!
If I had a dentist like Vaughn maybe I wouldn't be so freaking chicken s*** when it comes to going to the dentist!! :hmm:
Although when you think about it I'm not afraid of the dentist as much as I am his little tools (or torture devices!! I mean you're all aware of suit and glasses!! :lol: ) :eek:
Can't wait for more!!

MJ :P :angelnot: :hug: 🏒

:santahi:

^_^ This is just a lil story i wrote while i was bored!!  :rolleyes: lol....

how come i didn't notice this fic??? :banghead:
bored? :blink: you were BORED??? and you just write this... :thud:

Summary: AU, Michael Vaughn is a dentist who just moved from New York to LA. He becomes Francie's new dentist and then he meets Sydney..... :love:
Francie and Will are dating and Weiss is around somewhere!!  :P

hehe maybe you'll make me love dentists... :angelic:

“If you had listened to me last week when I told you to go and see a dentist, the problem would be all sorted by now, and we would be looking through the racks at Macy’s instead of sitting in the dentist’s office!”

😆 girls... :rolleyes:

The door to the dentist’s office opened, and out walked a middle-aged man with his five-year-old daughter holding his hand. The little girl had a lollipop in her hand and a huge smile on her face. Sydney was shocked to see that the child hadn’t come out of the room in tears like most children do.

:eek: I want him as my dentist!!! :jumpon: I want a lollipop too when I'm a good girl! :P
So Syd's already impressed... :rolleyes:
wait...HIS DAUGHTER??? :( he's...he's... :gulps: married? (n)

She gladly shook his hand and smiled back at him. “Please call me Francie.” He nodded and motioned for her to sit in the chair. Francie found herself staring at him, amazed by just how cute he was. What are you doing? You have a boyfriend! Will!

:rolleyes: but Syd doen't have a boyfriend, right? :P

“Toothache! I’ve had it for just over a week now.” She looked at him and realized that that had been a mistake. His eyes captivated her; they were deep green and so intense. His hair was tousled slightly, making it look like he had just gotten out of bed.

🤤 wanna have a toothache too! 😆

“Will they have to be taken out?”

He shook his head. “No, that’s not necessary. I’ll just give you some medication that should ease the pain, but you’ll have to come back and see me in two days to check that everything’s ok.”

oooh and he's sweet too... :blush:

He noticed that another woman had joined his patient and his attention turned to her. She was dressed in jeans and a black top, her hair falling loosely around her face, which had minimal make-up but still managed to look radiant. He smiled at her before realizing that his gaze had been on her for far too long. He quickly looked back at Francie to see her nod.

She turned to leave linking her arm through with Sydney’s. Sydney stood still for a minute, her eyes silently studying his face, his hair, his eyes. She finally regained control of her feet and walked towards the door. As Francie was opening the door, Sydney took one last look behind her and was surprised to see that he was watching them walk out. Their eyes locked and there was nothing left to do but smile.

:woot: yay! :love:...aww :blush:

:jump: i bet she will :angelic:

:smiley: so what do ya think?  :angelic:  ^_^

haha I think that u :angelic: need to add me to your pm list like right now!!! 😆

:love: ya aaaaaand...:poke: don't forgot to be bored again and to write more :rolleyes:

Sci :bag:

:hi:

If I had a dentist like Vaughn maybe I wouldn't be so freaking chicken s*** when it comes to going to the dentist!!

😆 haha i hate the dentist! (n) don't actually know why i'm writing a fic about one :blink:

how come i didn't notice this fic??? :banghead:

:hug: i was gonna tell ya....but then i didn't for some reason! :rolleyes: :blush: but you're here now so YAY! :groupwave:

wait...HIS DAUGHTER???  :(  he's...he's... :gulps: married?  (n)

:nonono: NO!!! that wasn't Vaughn's daughter! it was just some random little girl going to the dentist! :lol: and he's not married, and does not have a girlfriend!

~*~*~*~*~

Pm list:

sexcivaughn14
cute_as_candy
krzykty57789
sydney_alias_vaughn
Vaughnlover15
shotput25ash
Addicted 2 Alias
Cai
aliasdancer007
jughelynj
Spy_Love
Scialet
Texasalias2004

~Ashley, you were kindly added by Carolyn! :P

~*~*~*

Chapter 2

“How did it go at the dentist?” Are we finally free of the tooth from hell?” Will joked as the girls walked into the apartment. He was sat at the kitchen able, a soda in one hand and the LA Times opened out infront of him. Francie punched him on the arm as she walked past, dropping her bags on the chair next to him.

“Very funny Will.” She rolled her eyes at him as she got herself a bottle of water from the fridge. Sydney high fived Will as she walked past, earning her a cold glare from Francie. “Come on guys, I was not that bad!”

“Oh please! You had us both up for three nights because of it. I’d say that was pretty bad!” Sydney commented, as she sifted through the mail that had been left on the kitchen counter, throwing the junk mail in the bin.

Francie sighed. “Anyways, you’ll be glad to know that the pain will be gone in a few hours!” She took a sip of her drink and sat down next to Will. “But it seems that Sydney had a bit more fun then I did at the dentist surgery.” Francie joked, a grin on her face. Sydney spun around and looked at her, her forehead creased in confusion.

“And what’s that supposed to mean?”

“Oh come on. It’s so obvious; you have the hots for my dentist.” Francie stated simply. Will looked at his Francie, Sydney then back at Francie again. Sydney laughed and shook her head.

“I’m sorry to disappoint you Fran, but I do not have the hots for your dentist!”

“You so do. You were talking about him all the way home and for most of the time while we were shopping.” Will turned over the page of the newspaper, his eyes wondering over the various headlines, looking for one that caught his attention.

“Exaggerate much?” Sydney raised one eyebrow and folded her arms. Francie remained quiet so she continued. “I made one comment! And it wasn’t even about him. I asked you if you wanted me to give you a ride on Thursday.”

Francie laughed and nudged Will, disrupting his reading. “See, you want to give me a lift in the hopes that you’ll run into Mr. Hottie again.” Francie smiled to herself, proud that she had managed to analyse Sydney’s actions.

Sydney rolled her eyes. “Don’t call him that. And I offered because I thought I’d be a good friend, that was all! Not because I wanted to see him again.” Sydney defended herself, but Francie’s facial expressions told her that she didn’t believe a word of what Sydney was saying.

“Sure!”

“Ok, so I admit that I thought he was cute!” She shrugged as if what she was saying didn’t mean anything. “But I wouldn’t say that I had the hots for him. I didn’t say a single word to the guy, for all I know he could be some sort psychotic maniac or something.” Sydney threw her hands up in defeat and walked towards the table, her hands now resting on the back of the chair.

“No, he’s actually a really nice guy.” Francie smiled at her friend and stared clapping her hands as her smile grew. “But I knew you liked him!”

Sydney sighed. “Whatever Fran.”

“”It was obvious that he liked you too! He stood there making all lovey dovey eyes at you, in fact you were both doing the eye thing.” Sydney looked at Will, hoping for some sort of help, but he had conveniently disappeared under his newspaper, determined to keep out of all the girl-talk.

“Fran, honey, do you not think that you are reading a little too much into this? I don’t know the guy, I saw him for a whole 60 seconds and you’re already imaging what our wedding cake would look like!” Francie laughed at her friend's sarcasm. “Seriously, get over it!” Sydney walked towards her room, deciding that she would change and go for a run in the park.

Francie smiled, watching her walk away. There is absolutely no way that I am getting over this; it’s just too good!

~

:group: thanks for all your reviews ^_^

Lianne :santasmile:

:santahi:

:hug: i was gonna tell ya....but then i didn't for some reason!  :rolleyes:  :blush: but you're here now so YAY! :groupwave:

:D

:nonono: NO!!! that wasn't Vaughn's daughter! it was just some random little girl going to the dentist!  :lol: and he's not married, and does not have a girlfriend!

ahh *breathes again* stupid Sci :rolleyes:

“But it seems that Sydney had a bit more fun then I did at the dentist surgery.” Francie joked, a grin on her face. Sydney spun around and looked at her, her forehead creased in confusion.

yeah sure confusion :rolleyes:
u may be good at acting Syd but... :P

“I’m sorry to disappoint you Fran, but I do not have the hots for your dentist!”

:rolleyes:

Weiss turned over the page of the newspaper

:blink: Weiss? he's here too?😆
Will changed his name :rolleyes:

“I made one comment! And it wasn’t even about him. I asked you if you wanted me to give you a ride on Thursday.”

yeah she's just a great friend that's all... :rolleyes:

Sydney rolled her eyes. “Don’t call him that. And I offered because I thought I’d be a good friend, that was all! Not because I wanted to see him again.”

:rolleyes: and if by entirelly by accident she meet him again she'll not be all :mixed:

“Ok, so I admit that I thought he was cute!”

ha ha! :P

“”It was obvious that he liked you too! He stood there making all lovey dovey eyes at you, in fact you were both doing the eye thing.”

:lol: :blush:

“Seriously, get over it!”

Francie smiled, watching her walk away. There is absolutely no way that I am getting over this; it’s just too good!

😆 hope she won't! :P

Sydney walked towards her room, deciding that she would change and go for a run in the park.

ooh maybe the dentist like running too... :angelic:

I definitely :love: this fic!!!
hehe can't wait 'til the next chappie! :woot:
so Will is Weiss, hu? :rolleyes:
maybe Syd will have a toothache soon.... :angelic: I would... :blush: hehe

Sci :eyebrow:

Back