Season 5 Sorry for Gibson-Grace relationship hopefuls

First, Peyton made the comment "he's not your type." Harmless? Sure. However, then she continued in the Shed explaining why she's so glad she never has competition with Rachel.

It might seem like slim evidence, but I'm convinced.

This should come as no surprise. It's a trend for most shows with powerful female leads have lesbian characters to appeal to that demographic.
Xena - suggested relationship between Xena and Gabriel
Dark Angel - Max's best friend was a lesbian
Buffy - Buffy's best friend, Willow

If Gibson is, indeed, a lesbian, I find it a welcome change to Alias.

It might seem like slim evidence, but I'm convinced.

Well, I'm glad, but please be careful about how you address fans of a 'ship at large, because right now you sound borderline condescending. Even if you don't mean to.

P.S. Is she dead yet? No? How about eeeeevil? No? Dangit. ;)

Well, I'm glad, but please be careful about how you address fans of a 'ship at large, because right now you sound borderline condescending. Even if you don't mean to.

P.S. Is she dead yet? No? How about eeeeevil? No? Dangit. ;)

Sincerely not trying to be condescending. Not at all. This is just my response to the other topic about Thomas and Rachel ending up together.

And like I said, Rachel being a lesbian would be a killer changeup.

sorry about how this sounds, but it would suck if she was a lesbian. i don't think i could deal with my favorite show casting a hot young actress as a lesbian. it's become so cliche now. i think it would hurt the credibility of the show to introduce a character for the sole purpose of appealing to the audience out there who is looking for some girl on girl action.

I have one more to add to the lesbian trend: Marissa in The O.C

Oh, and it'd be fun if Rachel was a lesbian but I wouldn't care, I hate her. But I suppose I'd hate her less, because then she wouldn't feel like 'the new Syd'.

I do not belive she is an lesbian! I really can't tell if she is a lesbian or not when we have only seen her in one episode!

soemone else posted this topic on the abc message board haha.
well I wouldn't mind if they were lesbian. But it just doesn't seem to fit Alias.

I doubt she's a lesbian. Just wait. If in the next 2 episodes she and Thomas don't kiss or whatever, then maybe I'm wrong, but I don't think she's a lesbian. And I'm not even floating on the river DeNile

I don't really have an opinion on whether or not she's a lesbian.

But if she is, let's just HOPE they don't make a big deal about it like the O.C. did. THAT would be terrible. So in all honesty, I dunno. I hope she's not a lesbian. I think it would add this unwanted, awkward angle to the show...

I don't see what the big deal is. On O.C. they turned a straight character into a lesbian for ratings, so that's different. But if she straight-up lesbian, why not? Why can't she have a normal relationship with someone like Vaughn/Syd or Weiss/Nadia?

I dunno. I just always seeing things like this spiral out into BIG DEALS. I wouldn't have anything against her if she was a lesbian, but I bet a lot of people would....

sorry about how this sounds, but it would suck if she was a lesbian. i don't think i could deal with my favorite show casting a hot young actress as a lesbian. it's become so cliche now. i think it would hurt the credibility of the show to introduce a character for the sole purpose of appealing to the audience out there who is looking for some girl on girl action.

I agree. I wouldn't like to see a lesbian on Alias, it just doesn't fit.

the point as someone said is that i doubt that alias is going to randomly bring a gay character in for ratings. They hardly do anything for ratings. If Rachel is gay, then as long as its handled well it will be a welcome change in the alias world. i would love it as long as she is a multi-dimensional character who happens to be gay, as opposed to just a gay character...if you see what i mean. Either way she is beautiful so i don't really care.

Back